Search results

  1. M

    FanFic: Old School Sesame Street Special

    Announcer: Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to The Sesame Street Show for Adults! (audience cheers as the title appears on-screen) And now, heeeeeere's Big Bird! (audience cheers) Big Bird: Thank you, thank you. Welcome to the show. I am your host, Big Bird. Now, although Sesame Street is for...
  2. M

    your ideal Muppet seating chart

    Oh yeah, those are good ideas. Though it would also be more appropriate for Vincent Twice to sit with Sherlock Hemlock, and lately I've been thinking that Don Music should sit with Chris and the Alphabeats (since they have occassionally provided back-up to him).
  3. M

    Your 2008 Merchandise Predictions

    Well, it's just been announced that 2 Play with Me Sesame DVDs will be released next march.
  4. M

    Should there be a Traveling show DVD ?

    A collection of trip boxed sets would be nice. A thread at Tough Pigs reprinted an article about the hawiai episodes, and mentioend that Buffy St. Marie Wolfchild recently signed a release for her scenes from those episodes to be released on a future DVD set of classic Sesame Street, which she...
  5. M

    More Play With Me Sesame DVD's in March

    Yaaaaayyyyyy! I already got the first two u.s.-released DVDs, and they are both great. And Guy Smiley appears in Let's Play Games! I wonder if either of these DVDs features Kermit (the "Imagine with Me" DVD could include Kermit's imagination game, or the newsflash segment where Telly and Ingrid...
  6. M

    Did Alistare Cookie's Hosting Room Change?

    In Muppet Wiki's page for Monsterpiece Theater, it is said that the room where Alistar Cookie hosted changed sometime in the 1990s. Is this true? I've been watching some early Monsterpeice Theater segments, as well as some 1990s segments, and I can't really tell. In the 1980s the room looked a...
  7. M

    Sesame Street Unpaved episodes you'd like to have on DVD

    I know that many of us would like to have classic epsidoes that weren't shown on Noggin on DVD, but besides the season premieres, what episodes that were broadcast as part of Noggin's Sesame Street Unpaved series would you like to have on DVD? I would like to have episodes 8, 54, 514 (though...
  8. M

    Kermit SST Material Pro's and Con's

    Well, I don't know if Henson had planned on selling the company to EM.TV back then, but the rights to the Sesame Street Muppets were sold after EM.TV bought the company and experienced financial problems.
  9. M

    Kermit SST Material Pro's and Con's

    I think Kermit had been referred to as a frequent guest star even before Henson lost the rights to the Sesame Street characters. A promo for The Best of Kermit on Sesame Street referred to Kermit as "Sesame Street's #1 guest star", and the box for the Magic Talking Kermit did the same. Both were...
  10. M

    Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Old School Volume 2

    I wasn't very familiar with that song before this set came out (I don't remember it at all), but many of the bonus clips seemed more random on this set than on the first one. This set has many segments that I wasn't familiar with, such as Ernie and Bert: Slice of Life, I Got a Song, It Feels...
  11. M

    kermit and don music shared a house!

    Has anybody noticed that in the Mary Had a Bicycle sketch that the set used for Don Music's home is the same one that was used for Kermit's home in the 1970s? They had the same hosue set, though a different set was used for Don's home in Yankee Doodle (maybe Don sold his house to Kermit, or...
  12. M

    The MuppetCast - Show #35 - Don't Freeze Your Winnebago

    I thought that this podcast was great. Though while Jim Lewis thinks that A Muppet Family Christmas was the Muppets biggest crossover (or something like that... I forget what it was he said), I think that the 30th anniversary special had more Muppets in it.
  13. M

    Sesame Podcasts

    Here's another rundown: Word on the Street: Mystery Jane Tuesday: letter L Murray talks to more people about the word on the street Word of the Day Explanation: Mystery (murray voice-over added) Kermit and Cookie Monster: Mystery box (ending edited) cartoon: a bug (or maybe it was...
  14. M

    Sesame Workshop launches video.sesameworkshop.org

    I've noticed that if you click on a picture of a character, as seen at the top of the page, the first sketch listed automatically plays, but if you just type in a keyword, the first listed sketch doens't automatically play. This is bad if you are watching and searching at the same time. I've...
  15. M

    Elmo through the years plush collection

    When I first saw the title of this thread, I thought it was going to say that there would be a line of Elmo plushes meant to resemble the many different Elmo puppets used over the years (though the differences aren't as huge as the various different Ernie, Bert, Cookie Monster, or Grover puppets).
  16. M

    Sesame Workshop launches video.sesameworkshop.org

    I did searches for quite a few names, and there were some that had no matches found. Names included Roosevelt Franklin (though he does appear in the background in a handful of skits included, and many character searches include skits where they only appear in the background), Bruno, Professor...
  17. M

    Sesame Workshop launches video.sesameworkshop.org

    I've found several sketches that I haven't even heard of, such as a sketch where Prairie Dawn invites Grover, Herry, and Cookie over for dinner. I also contacted Sesame Workshop, suggesting some clips that I'd like to see, such as One Song (Song of One), Nine Song (Song of Nine), some skits with...
  18. M

    Sesame Workshop launches video.sesameworkshop.org

    I was a bit disapointed that the section on The Count didn't include The Count's appearance in a waiter Grover sketch, or his appearance in a Miami Mice sketch. Those two segments seem to be rare. Muppet Wiki doesn't have any images from either sketch.
  19. M

    Sesame Workshop launches video.sesameworkshop.org

    It's interesting that the Monsterpiece Theater sketches Chariots of Fur and Upstairs, Downstairs are shown with the original title cards, openings and closings, but The 39 Stairs is the version with the third title card and remade openings and closings (and in that one, Alistar didn't eat his...
Top