Search results

  1. M

    Old School Volume 2 coming November 6

    That's great! It would be good for you to look at the pages for these episodes on Muppet Wiki, as refference to what segments were cut from Noggin's broadcasts, and also to see if anything is cut from this release.
  2. M

    Old School DVD set ideas

    On April 1, 2006, as an April Fools joke, I posted a thread saying that I contacted Sesame Workshop and was told that Sesame Workshop was plannign a colection of two-disc "Sesame Street Treasures" releases. I wrote that the first two releases would be "The Complete Ernie and Bert Collection...
  3. M

    Old School DVD set ideas

    I wonder how well sets focusing on certain animators would sell. I'm sure that the general public doesn't know the names of any Sesame Street animators (except for Jim Henson, but the general public most likely just thinks of him as a pupeteer and Muppet creator). A set with all of Bud...
  4. M

    Koch Records to produce Sesame Street CD's

    This is great news. I wonder if any character "best of" releases will come first.
  5. M

    Old School DVD set ideas

    The CTW Archives stored at The University of Marland has files called First Season Show Content. It's not currently known if any of the other seasons had such files made, but the word "dump" is written besides quite a few of the sketches listed (some also have "re-do" written beside the...
  6. M

    Old School DVD set ideas

    Most of what you mentioned were shown more than just once. The episode with The Wicked Witch is the only thing you mentioned that technically did only air once, though in many cities the show airs twice a day, so it probably would have aired twice in some cities. Buddy and Jim were only...
  7. M

    Old School DVD set ideas

    It would also be great to have an "around the corner" set, focusing on the years that Around the Corner was on the show. Maybe that could be the season premiers from seasons 25 through 29, or it could just be select episodes that somehow take place around the corner, like the season 25 premier...
  8. M

    Old School DVD set ideas

    It would be great if there were boxed sets for multi-part episodes. Hopefully, they would be the whole episodes, and not just the linking footage edited together in one disc (like on the Friends to the Rescue DVD). One thing that I wonder about, though, is if the Old School sets will eventually...
  9. M

    Old School DVD set ideas

    Roosevelt also appeared at the beginning of episode 406, where he got one line. I don't ever remember hearing (or maybe reading is more accurate) about that feature. When/ where was it announced?
  10. M

    Old School Volume 2 coming November 6

    Is the You Tube clip a second longer, or is the running time listed here a second longer? If the You Tube clip is shorter, it's probably because the person who uploaded it either stopped the video early or started it late. And I think the press releases have said that Fat Blue appears on...
  11. M

    Old School DVD set ideas

    I think I would have bought them. Maybe a set featuring the debuts of characters who weren't introduced in the season premiers would be nice. Including the debuts of Olivia, Telly, Linda, Gina, Petey, and more. The sets are called "old school", not "season premier collection". I don't know...
  12. M

    the monsters and season two

    How many known appearances are there where Mean Mama was performed by Louise Gold? It's been confirmed that she performed Mean Mama when she hugged Prince Charles, and it's clearly Louise Gold chuckling as Mean Mama backstage in the Leslie Uggams episode, but where else has Louise Gold performed...
  13. M

    Old School Volume 2 coming November 6

    I don't think any Jazz Numbers cartoons are included, unless Noggin cut any out of those episodes (but even so, it would probably be Jazz #2, which was included in afew episodes on the first set). It seems to me that the titles listed for the bonus skits are more clear regarding recurring...
  14. M

    Old School Volume 2 coming November 6

    Do you mean "bad" as in not good, or "bad" as in innappropriate? If it's the "not good" kind of bad joke, then there shouldn't be a problem.
  15. M

    Old School Volume 2 coming November 6

    I was looking at some Muppet Wiki pages on Ernie and Bert sketches, looking for sketches where the earlist-known appearance is from the late 1970s, and saw the pie sketch listed and started wondering if that could be it. I wonder if that sketch (or any other Ernie and Bert sketch) have the...
  16. M

    Telly in At Your Library

    I recently found a used copy of Big Bird's Story Time (I've had trouble finding a copy of the DVD). Anyway, after buying it and watching it, I started wodnering if Brian Meuhl performed Telly in At Your Library. I know that when Martin Robinson started out as Telly he imitated Telly's original...
  17. M

    Old School Volume 2 coming November 6

    I have read that the ball wire film is from season two. I guess all previous sources were wrong (unless Sesame Workshop is). It's odd that it's listed as "Henson Ball Wire #3", because Frank Oz directed it, not Jim Henson (but I guess there's no evidence that Henson didn't do any different work...
  18. M

    Old School Volume 2 coming November 6

    I guess that the Cookie Monster Disco Song is Cookie Disco, since Me Lost Me Cookie at the Disco features Elmo, who wasn't around in season 8. So we will get two Pinball Number Count segments (#2 in two of the episodes, and #4 as a bonus feature), plus the remix that was included in the...
  19. M

    Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds

    I thought it was originally in the theme song. I'll have to check the episodes on Old School Volume 1 again. But I thought it was just dropped in later years.
  20. M

    Old School Volume 2 coming November 6

    I was just looking back at the Muppet Wiki pages for the episodes that will be released, and I wonder if Noggin might have cut The Subway from the 8th season premier. I noticed that that page mentioned that that episode has a cartoon takinhg place on the subway. I wouldn't be surprised if The...
Top