Search results

  1. M

    What puppeteers go through.

    Not Sesame Street, but I imagine that the baseball diamond sequence in The Great Muppet Caper was difficult. The Muppets all through and caught the baseball diamond. The performers had to have their arms up in the air, inside the puppets. I wonder how many takes that took.
  2. M

    Old School DVD set ideas

    I meant "Three sticks". And I also meant "Take a Look at Fifteen".
  3. M

    question about certain music

    I think Miami Mice began after 1984, so it wouldn't be on Old School Volume 3 anyway. I've looked at the Muppet Wiki pages for those season premiers, and it's not mentioned in any guide. Of course, the page for the sixteenth season premier doesn't say anything about what's included (just the...
  4. M

    Koch Records to produce Sesame Street CD's

    I realise that it might be bad to have too many celebrity appearances on a CD. However, I had trouble thinking of songs from the last decade which didn't include celebrities. It seems like celebrities dominate the new songs. I wanted that wishlist to include as many unreleased (on albums)...
  5. M

    question about certain music

    In the middle of the Monsterpiece Theater segment "Chariots of Fur", there is music playing. Is this music from Chariots of Fire, or is it completely original? Also, is the opening music from the Miami Mice segments the actual Miami Vice theme, or original theme music? I just want to...
  6. M

    Follow that Bird vs. The Adventures of Elmo in Grouchland

    Follow That Bird is definately better.
  7. M

    Old School DVD set ideas

    I wonder if it would be good to make a few different numbers boxed sets, in volumes. Each set would include segments for all numbers up to 20 (and beyond). For the first few sets it might be best to leave out Jazz #2, Two Song (Song of Two), Pinball Number Count #2, Dollhouse, and other skits...
  8. M

    ITC logo/DVD trivia

    I have noticed that current DVD releases of The Muppet Movie and The Great Muppet Caper do include the ITC logo in the credits. Not a big logo, but it's still in the credits.
  9. M

    Sesame Podcasts

    The recent podcast includes the word "tricycle". The first skit (after "What's the Word on the Street") is a skitt hat I don't remember seeing, but looks like it is actually from one of the early seasons. It involves a boy and a girl riding a tricycle and running over an animal, who tells them...
  10. M

    Old School DVD set ideas

    Here is an idea for the numbers box set: Disc 1 could be titled "from 1 to 5 (plus 0)", disc 2 could be "from 6 to 10", disc 3 could be "The Teen Numbers (along with 11 and 12)", and disc 4 could be "20 and higher". Or, if it's a three-disc set, disc 1 could have the numbers that go up to...
  11. M

    Old School Volume 2 coming November 6

    You are lucky. Last year, you got an early copy because you are a freelance reviewer, and now you find a copy a few days before it is supposed to be released. It's a shame that my local Wal-Mart didn't have any copies this early. I was looking at the sketch listing and thought it was...
  12. M

    Old School DVD set ideas

    I made a similar post in the thread about Kosch Records getting the rights to release Sesame Street albums, but it would be great if there was a four-disc colection of Sesame Street songs from each decade, with no linking footage. Here is an ideal listing of contents (a little bit simialr to...
  13. M

    Play With Me Sesame DVD's in October

    Well, I caved in and bought Goodnight Sesame. It's good, though not as good as Playtime with Grover, but there are some good skits with Jim Henson as Ernie. I put a listing of the contents at Muppet Wiki. However, some of the segment sincluded on this release include: If Moon Was Cookie...
  14. M

    Koch Records to produce Sesame Street CD's

    This would make a good CD: Sesame Street From 1969-2007 (or whenever such a set is released). Disc 1: 1969-1979 Sesame Street Theme Chickety Chick Everyone Likes Ice Cream Rubber Duckie Feeling Groovy Jazz Numbers (remastered) Everyone Makes Mistakes Mad Being a Pig La, La, La...
  15. M

    Koch Records to produce Sesame Street CD's

    Maybe there could be a collection of songs from the most recent seasons, maybe called Sesame Street Today. It could have The First Time Me Eat Cookie, Because We're Friends, In My Book, Sleep! A Cookie is a Sometimes Food, Oscar's version of Bein' Green, and others.
  16. M

    Old School DVD set ideas

    Actually, there are other elbows sketches, like the Jasper and Julius skit where Julius thinks he has lost his elbows, and the song Elbows and Knees (though elbows share the song with knees).
  17. M

    Old School DVD set ideas

    If there was an "Old School" sub brand, it could include books. Rereleases of several early 1970s books, and maybe new books done in the style of old books, with illustrations like the retro artwork done for season 35 anniversary products. Maybe there could be books simialr to the Sesame Street...
  18. M

    Old School DVD set ideas

    Well, I thought of the idea for a boxed set on segments concerning parts of the body, but then when I started of thinking about skits to include, I realised that there aren't very many skits involving parts of the arms and legs. I can't think of any skits about knees or toes. I don't know about...
  19. M

    Old School DVD set ideas

    Letter and number box sets would be good. Maybe each disc could have one complete episode that focuses on the alphabet or counting, or individual letters or numbers (though in the years before the format change, I would imagine it being hard to focus on the whole alphabet and select one or two...
  20. M

    Character Generations

    Actually, Bean Buny, Bobo, and Sal have also passed through time, sort of. Sal has been used almost as much as Johnny Fiama. True, Bobo hasn't been used in anything new since 2003, but he was used quite a bit before then.
Top