Search results

  1. M

    2008 Muppet Daily Calendar

    But Kermit had appeared in a nationally recognized project before Rowlf did. Kermit appeared on The Tonight Show in either 1957 or 1958, and I think he also appeared on The Today Show before The Jimmy Dean Show debuted in 1963. I do think it's a bit sad that this showw asn't mentioned in the...
  2. M

    2008 Muppet Daily Calendar

    I found a copy today, and it's really good, though it doesn't look like very many obscure characters are pictured. There is a section on The Electric Mayhem, which doesn't mention Lips. Some of the trivia questions are a bit wrong. For example, there is a multiple-choice question about which...
  3. M

    Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Old School Volume 2

    It's speled "Stiles". And I didn't know that he's dead.
  4. M

    Sesame Podcasts

    Although it's been a long time since I last saw that segment, I thought something was different about the dialogue (at least Murray's voice wasn't added to that sketch). I kept thinking that the word "frusterated" replaced words like "mad" or "angry".
  5. M

    The Subway

    Has anybody noticed that in the song "Subway", that while the characters seem to enjoy the subway, they seem to also mention bad points about the subway, with such lines as "It's so hot I could die" and "you could lose your purse, or you might do something worse on the subway". So, was this...
  6. M

    Sesame Podcasts

    Here's a rundown for the newest episode, "Frusterated": What's the word on the street?: Frusterated a frusterated girl talks about her bad day, which includes her younger brother taking the last orange, her comb getting stuck in her hair, and having to clean her room (I believe that this one...
  7. M

    Old School DVD set ideas

    Here is another idea: Television Parodies Sesame Street News: Six Dollar Man Monsterpiece Theater: ABCD Blue Miami Mice: The Count needs to go to a space station What's My Part?: Foot The Add'ems Family Meal or no Meal Trianglebob Trianglepants Monsterpiece Theater: Upstairs...
  8. M

    Sesame Street Old School DVD's: Not For Kids

    People seem to be making a big deal out of old Sesame Street not being for kids. The Old School sets have disclaimers, but they don't say that they are not for kids, just that the sets are meant for adults and may not fit today's educational needs. And those disclaimers only appear in...
  9. M

    Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Old School Volume 2

    I think that the bonus Sesame Street News segment also had an updated opening, instead of the season 6 opening.
  10. M

    Taz-Mania

    Was there any explanation given as to why Mr. Thickly was dressed as Taz in the first place?
  11. M

    Taz-Mania

    I recently saw a You Tube clip from Taz-Mania, and I'd like to know more about that particular episode. The scene doesn't make much sense to me, at least not when out of context. Anyway, this scene has Mr. Thickly's head and hands stuck in the holes of a wooden board (I don't know what it's...
  12. M

    why did the chicken cross the road?

    Does anybody remember a cartoon where a man keeps asking a chicken, "why did the chicken cross the road?" The chicken keeps responding with answers such as "He looked both ways, didn't he?" Eventually, the man asks, I guess one last time, and the chicken removes his mask, revealing that he's...
  13. M

    Bad Cookie Monster Dream?

    I think it was a bit disturning in King Minus when there's one dragon left. It runs away from King Minus, and King Minus chases it and estroys it. It ran away, perhaps deciding to be good from now on, and Minus goes out to kill it (I guess he didn't want to risk it ever comming back).
  14. M

    Sesame Street Spectacular Show

    Okay, here's a slight change to sow 16, featuring all the vowels.
  15. M

    Sesame Street Spectacular Show

    Ooops. I'll have to check and see what U skits I didn't include. Back when I planned this, I planned on 20 segments, and knew that all 26 letters wouldn't fit onto 20 episodes, so I decided to pick three letters for each episode... and after making a few, when it was too late, realised that...
  16. M

    2008 Muppet Daily Calendar

    Well, Pepe did debut on Muppets Tonight. Clifford didn't. Is The Jim Henson Hour even acknowledged in the calendar?
  17. M

    Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Old School Volume 2

    There are a lot of sketches on this set that I expected to be included. They may not have all been on my wishlist, but I actually expected a lot of stuff to be on the set that was (in addiiton to some that wasn't). Stuff like City-Country Song, Me and Julio Down by the Schoolyard, Sing After Me...
  18. M

    New George of the Jungle show?

    I would like for there to be a new Bullwinkle series. There were plans for a new show back in the early 1980s, which never got on the air. In addition to familar segments from the show, it was to include George of the Jungle, Super Chicken, and some new segments that Jay Ward produced unsold...
  19. M

    The Muppets Give Thanks

    By the way, in my mind, the order of the Mupets speaking were clockwise. Though maybe it would be better if it were the opposite, since I had Statler sitting on the right of Waldorf, and it's usually the other way around. And I enjoyed putting in jokes about the current writers guid strike...
Top