Search results

  1. M

    Season 3 DVD - What should be on it?

    I thought that Jim Henson's appearance on The Mickey Mouse Club didn't air because he died before he could sign a contract allowing permission to air it (of course, if I was in charge, I would have had him sign before shooting began).
  2. M

    The Hawaii Episodes, Probable 2008 Release?

    I just reread the Tough Pigs post where I read about this, and noticed that it said that Buffy St. Marie signed the release papers for a DVD release last year, which most likely means 2006, and that Buffy hopes that it gets released in 2008. If the release form was signed before the release of...
  3. M

    The Hawaii Episodes, Probable 2008 Release?

    I recently saw a thread at the Tough Pigs forum, which reprinted a recent article about the 1970s hawiai episodes. There were some quotes by Buffy St. Marie-Wolfchild, who mentioned that she recently signed a release form for those episodes to be released on DVD. I'll have to reread the article...
  4. M

    Sesame Podcasts

    The latest episode is on the word "family". Content: The Word on the Street: Family Film: a girl awaits for her mother to give birth to a new baby (I think this film appears in A~New Baby in my House) Rosita and her family demonstrate the spanish word "Familia" (with Murray voice-over)...
  5. M

    Rizzo on Jim Henson Hour

    Ironically, it's been said in interviews that at Steve Whitmire's last meeting with Jim Henson, Jim was frusterated over Steve not having any main characters besides Rizzo and Bean. What about Steve's other Jim Henson Hour characters? If Rizzo was so main, then why wasn't he on the show, where...
  6. M

    Rizzo on Jim Henson Hour

    On The Jim Henson Hour, Steve Whitmire was given quite a few new-ish characters, yet Rizzo wasn't developed on the series. It seems like the writers/ producers wanted Rizzo to be a star since he was introduced in the fourth season of The Muppet Show, and Rizzo seemed to appear in the background...
  7. M

    Your 2008 Merchandise Predictions

    Hmm, I never thought about asking if any Henson-related material will be released on HD or Blue-Ray discs next year.
  8. M

    Put Down the Duckie celebrities

    Well, their residuals should be covered for broadcasts, and that version of the song has been released on video, twice, so video residuals shouldn't be a problem either.
  9. M

    Abby Caddaby vs. Zoe

    Abby is better.
  10. M

    Kermit SST Material Pro's and Con's

    Actually, Sesame Workshop never had the rights to Kermit. Sesame Workshop has always owned the rights to the series, and The Jim Henson Company owned the rights to all of the Sesame Street Muppets until 2000. I am not really sure if Sesame Workshop co-owned the character rights or not (copyright...
  11. M

    Put Down the Duckie celebrities

    I could be wrong, but I thought that Andrea Martin appeared in one cut before John Candy's third apearance in the song.
  12. M

    Put Down the Duckie celebrities

    Put Down the Duckie hasn't been seen on Sesame Street in years. I wonder if the celebrities are keeping it from being shown. They might make it dated, but then again, quite a few of the celebrities seem to still be popular or semi-popular (Paul Simon, Danny DeVito, maybe even John Candy, even...
  13. M

    Official Henson Podcast

    Wait.. so are you the guy who hosts the podcasts? It's too late that I didn't see this until now. Drats!
  14. M

    Sesame Podcasts

    The newest episode invovles the word "prepared". Segments include: a song about getting up (this song sounds a bit like a recent song that I've hear don the radio a lot, but I don't know the name of that song, either) a pirate shows his captain how he has prepared (I think this is from the...
  15. M

    has Bruno ever been in the parade?

    I don't know if performing Bruno and Oscar for three stright hours would be as painful as performing Snuffleupagus for three straight hours. Bruno may have worn out long ago, but I think he was still around when the Sesame Street Muppets started appearing in the parade every year.
  16. M

    Put Down the Duckie celebrities

    Actually, I believe that John Candy made three appearances there.
  17. M

    Put Down the Duckie celebrities

    Yeah, but considering how popular he was at the time, I'm surprised that he only appeared twice in the song, and didn't even appear in the closing credits for the Sesame Street Special.
  18. M

    Official Henson Podcast

    The recent one, which mentions recent Henson releases that could be bought as christmas presents, is great. It even acknowledges the release of The Muppet Show: Season Two. It is sad that Sesame Street: Old School Volume 2 wasn't announced as a potential holiday gift.
  19. M

    Sesame Workshop Staffer!

    No questions have been answere dyet, but I am just trying to keep this thread alive. Anyway, can you tell me what terms and agreements have been made involving the use of Kermit the Frog segments in new episodes and on DVD releases? I guess that Kermit can't appea ron the packaging of any new...
  20. M

    has Bruno ever been in the parade?

    I just started wondering something. Has Bruno the Trashman ever appeared with the Sesame Street cast in any of the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade appearances?
Top