Search results

  1. M

    Your thoughts of The Muppets at Macy's Thankgiving Parade '07

    I saw Big Bird, Elmo, Hoots, Zoe, Ernie, Bert, Abby, Murray, Count, Cookie Monster, Prairie, Grundgetta, Telly, Baby Bear, Grover, Barkley, and Alice there. Snuffy has been outside of the studio more than just in Follow That Bird. He was out of the studio in the hawiai episodes, Don't Eat...
  2. M

    Nice Idea

    There are two ideas that I have thought of recently. ONe would be a game where Bunsen invents an alternate demension, and as soon as he unleases it, a creature form that demension kidnaps Beaker, and as a cool twist, players cna choose to play as either Bunsen, who must rescue Beaker, or...
  3. M

    Old School DVD set ideas

    Another great idea would be for sets featuring the "personal favorites" of the cast, crew, and performers. Maybe a disc of Frank Oz's favorite Sesame Street moments, and Caroll Spinney's favorites, and Jerry Nelson's favorites, and so on. I don't know if Frank Oz has ever commented on what his...
  4. M

    Play With Me Sesame moves to Sprout

    I have read that new epsidoes have been produced (or contracted to be produced), though I don't know if they have aired yet. But I read in another thread that when the show was shown in other countries, segments where Prairie Dawn hosts an art show were cut and repalced with more classic Muppet...
  5. M

    Put Down the Duckie celebrities

    I was thinking about soemthing regarding Put Down the Duckie the other day. Some of the celebrities only appear once, and some appear multiple times. Does anybody ever wonder how it was decided which ones would only appear once, and which would appear more times? Ladsmith Black Mambazo only...
  6. M

    2008 Muppet Daily Calendar

    I figured it was from before The Muppets Take Manhattan, since Dr. Teeth seemed to be wearing his fuzzy vest instead of his black leather vest (though I couldn't really tell if that was his vest or a lei, and it looked like the things he wears on his wrists were the version from the late 1980s...
  7. M

    Your 2008 Merchandise Predictions

    Here are my predictions: 1. How many Henson-related DVDs will be released next year (multi-disc sets count as one; DVD releases of programs that don't neccessarily star any Henson creations but include guest appearances by at least one Henson creation do count, as long as it's the real...
  8. M

    Your 2008 Merchandise Predictions

    For fun, let's see what we can predict for 2008, Muppet merchandise-wise. I will ask a few questions about what we think will happen next year, and at the end of next year, we can come back to this thread and see who was right, though tis is not a contest. Here are some questions: 1. How...
  9. M

    Gonzo's Wardrobe

    I like Gonzo's white shirt and grey sweater vest the best. But there are two significant outfits that you forgot to mention. One was his black vest and blue shirt, which he wore in The Muppet Movie and occassionally during the later seasons of The Muppet Show (such as in the "Act Naturally"...
  10. M

    2008 Muppet Daily Calendar

    Well, while looking through the calendar, I found a picture of Lips there. On the page for September 21/ 22. This page shows a picture of Kermit and Piggy dancing, with the whole Electric Mayhem behind them. I guess this image was originally used for either The Muppet Show Annual or Muppet...
  11. M

    What If...

    If I'm told that variety is dead (and I hope it isn't), then I would stick with my idea for the Muppets doing a series where eahc episode focuses more on the plot. The Mupets would still be working on a show, but there would be more focus on the pre-and post-show process. Focus on auditoons...
  12. M

    Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Old School Volume 2

    If it's true that the master tapes get updated, then let's hope that the original versions don't get lost forever. On Old School Volume 1, the Sesame Street News segment had the original title card, and the Old School Volume 2 release of the Humpty Dumpty sketch includes the 1970s black and...
  13. M

    Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Old School Volume 2

    Since this set seems to have included newer openings for Sesame Street News, The Adventures of Super Grover, and Here is Your Life in the bonus features, I wonder if the next set will include one of the later Monsterpeice Theater openings instead of the original, if any Monsterpeice Theater...
  14. M

    Sesame Street Questions

    Sesame Street still repeats sketches from other episodes, but rarely anything from before the late 1980s. And usually anything from the 1980s that are shown feature Ernie. Sprout is currently showing episodes of Play with me Sesame, which has newly-created footage along with classic...
  15. M

    Louise Gold's credit in TMS Season Two

    In the second season set, the only epsidoes featuring the UK version of the credits are the Elton John and Rudolph Nureyev episodes. Louise Gold isn't credited in the UK version of the Rudolph Nureyev epsiode. I wonder if that means she didn't perform, as opposed to just not being credited (she...
  16. M

    Paul Simon and Ladysmith Black Mambazo

    Oh, so Ladysmith Black Mambazo sang the song twice, once with Paul Simon (portraying themselves), and once with Kermit (providing the voices of anything muppets)?
  17. M

    Your thoughts of The Muppets at Macy's Thankgiving Parade '07

    I thought the camers people could have been better. During the Sesame Street performance, there were times when certain characters sang, but weren't on camera.
  18. M

    Paul Simon and Ladysmith Black Mambazo

    I recall there once being a Sesame Street segment where Paul Simon and Ladysmith Black Mambazo (is that the right spelling?) sang a song together. Does anybody know/ remember what the song was? It must have been made around the time of Put Down the Duckie, since Paul Simon and Ladysmith Black...
  19. M

    2008 Muppet Daily Calendar

    Well, I saw that the last page of the calendar has an e-mail address and a mailling address, to send comments (and I beleive suggestions). So I e-mailed the calendar company and pointed out all trivia mistakes, and also suggested that if that company makes a Muppet 2009 day-by-day calendar that...
  20. M

    The MuppetCast - Show #32 - The Happy Radish Dance

    I thought it was odd that the listener who e-mailed you about the benefits of buying the season sets when they have all of the time-life sets mentioned hsving 500 discs. That's not right, unless he had multiple copies of each. As there are only 120 episodes of TMS, 500 discs would be more than...
Top