Search results

  1. M

    Sesame Street: Dinosaurs DVD Coming May 13, 2008

    I didn't expect this to be a movie. I thought it would be a direct-to-video special, maybe a compilation. Now that it's going to be released in some theaters, I don't expect it to have segments from the show (aside from the bonus Journey to Ernie segment).
  2. M

    the scarcity of green grover

    It seems like footage of the original green Grover is scarce, as if Sesame Workshop wants to avoid having us see him as much as possible. While the fact that Grover was originally a different color was mentioned in Sesame Street Unpaved, no pictures were shown. Noggin only aired one episode with...
  3. M

    310 Muppets

    Did you draw this as a book? It seems like some two pages are meant to be spreads. And the first page being a "cover" gives the book element away. I see that you listed what characters appear in the first page (after the cover). However, I couldn't tell where Timmy is (unless he's that...
  4. M

    The Trading Game or The Anything-in-the-Whole-Wide-World Prize Game

    If you could own a copy of one of the two game show sketches with Oscar as a contestant, which would you choose: The Trading Game or the Anything in the Whole Wide World Prize Game? It seems like both are very rare. Muppet Wiki doesn't have images for either, and Muppet Wiki doesn't list the...
  5. M

    Neglecting first season segments

    Yeah, a lot of first season Muppet bits look a bit low-budget compared to stuff from the second and third seasons. And there were less characters in the first season. Sketches witht he original Ernie, Bert, Cookie Monster (whose design didn't change until the third season, making him one of the...
  6. M

    Questions for Fran Brill?

    I have another question, that I've been wondering for a long time, and if you ask her this then I don't care if you don't ask any of the other questions that I've asked. On The Jim Henson Hour, Fran Brill performed the female drumer for the Solid Foam band. I want to know if she had an...
  7. M

    Questions for Fran Brill?

    Okay, here are some: Jim Henson had performed Little Bird in a few skits from the first season, before Fran Brill did. Was there any reason (known to Fran) why Fran Brill took over, and why didn't the character last very long on the show? Watching the credit crawls on the Sesame Street: Old...
  8. M

    Meet Leela, Sesame Street’s newest cast member

    Did I read right? Did it say that Leela is the shows first indian character? What about Buffy?
  9. M

    310 Muppets

    I didn't notice three Kermit-like characters. One page features two characters who look like Trumpet Girl, as she looked in the fifth season of The Muppet Show. I don't know if either was supposed to be her (one looks like she has a small round nose, which Trumpet Girl never had). In...
  10. M

    The Best of Roosevelt Franklin

    I wonder, if a "best of" or "complete character sketch" release were to happen with any old school-era characters, I wonder who'd be the most likely. I'd guess either Guy Smiley, Sherlock Hemlock, or Forgetful Jones. A complete Guy Smiley set might not happen, since Dialing for Prizes was cut...
  11. M

    The Original Telly

    Even if Old School Vol. 3 doesn't have any footage of original Telly, maybe the booklet, packaging, or menus will include an image.
  12. M

    310 Muppets

    That was good. I didn't recognize soem characters. Did you make up some? It also seems like some characters (Gonzo, Grover, Oscar) appear twice. No offense, but your style looks like Spumco style.
  13. M

    Neglecting first season segments

    That comment made me cry for nine straight hours. :batty: Eh, just kidding. I had written down most of my reasons for suspecting this. Sure, I could be wrong. It's possible that many of the early season premieres focused more on newer segments. And I guess with as long as the show has run...
  14. M

    The Original Telly

    It seems to me that pictures and images are hard to come by. Hopefuly Old School Volume 3 will include something with theoriginal Telly.
  15. M

    Upcoming Sesame Street DVDs

    I have a feeling that if the enviromental DVD has any old segments that somethign that was in Sing-Along Earth Songs will be included (I'm thinking On My Pond). Hopefully if any Willie Wimple segments are included then it will be one that wasn't in Sing-Along Erath Songs (that video featured the...
  16. M

    The Best of Roosevelt Franklin

    If there were to be a "Best of Roosevelt Franklin" video, what segments do you think would be included? Are any speciffic Roosevelt Franklin moments thought of as "classic"? I'm sure that many adult fans (who don't visit this message baord or Muppet Wiki) would remember him, but if asked, would...
  17. M

    Neglecting first season segments

    Does anybody else feel like Sesame Workshop often neglected showing first season segments after the first season? It seems like after the first season, while season one segmen ts were often shown, they weren't shown as much as segments from other seasons. When I first got Old School: Volume...
  18. M

    early animation

    It seems like while many different companies have contributed to different animation segments over the years, during the early years a lot of animation was done by the same company, or at the very least in the same style. In the first season most animated bits had the style of only...
  19. M

    Crossover Letter Segments

    One of those sketches you mention appears in Old School Volume 2, though I forget which episode. But that one obviously isn't from the first season. Then again, who's to say that the crossover segments were only from the first season?
  20. M

    Upcoming Sesame Street DVDs

    It's been reported at The Muppet Newsflash that a number of new Sesame Street DVDs wil be coming soon. We already know about Dinosaurs and Elmo's World: Summer Vacation, and it had already been reported that Elmo's Christmas Countdown will be coming this fall/ winter. But the report mentions...
Top