Search results

  1. M

    Inner Tube

    This Jim Henson Hour pilot was recently uploaded on You Tube, and I thought I'd post a thread here to see what others think about it. It is rather interesting. The characters are cool, though I'm glad that better new characters were chosen for The Jim Henson Hour. It seems hard to tell if...
  2. M

    Celebrity Song speculation

    I forgot about another celebrity song: Sing. And now that I think about it, I don't think that was made for any specific specials. I think it premiered in the season 31 premiere (it's in that episode, and features guests from the 30th season).
  3. M

    credit sequences for early specials

    I've noticed that many of the early Sesame Street specials seem to have similar opening sequences. Okay, maybe they are not the earliest (I haven't seen Julie on Sesame Street, Out to Lunch, The Grover Monster/ Jean Marsh Cartoon Special, or A Special Sesame Street Christmas), but I would say...
  4. M

    Thoughts on Deep Dish Nine?

    I didn't think it was very good. The only character in that sketch that I liked was Craniac, the one non-pig character. Then again, I don't care too much for Muppet pigs. But they should have tried to work Dr. Strangepork into the sketch (he did appear in one Bay of Pigswatch segment). There...
  5. M

    The Wishing Song

    The song was caled The Wishing Song, and the guest was Madeline Kahn. This episode appears in the second season, and is currently available on DVD as part of the second season box set.
  6. M

    Potential Idea for a 40th Anniversary Special DVD Release

    When I first thought this up, I only thought of having each disc dedicated to different decades and have several segments shown in random order, and then thought of the better idea to have segments grouped by characters and themes (I think it would be easier for kids to sit through themed...
  7. M

    I don't like Clifford, do you?

    I think they were starting to become more major before Jim Henson died. During the 1970s and 1980s, it seems like whenever a new Muppet project came along, The Electric Mayhem would be more likely to have a featured part than Bunsen and Beaker. For example, four members of the band appeared...
  8. M

    I don't like Clifford, do you?

    I think I used to think of him as being similar to Bunsen, but he is also different from them. Bunsen and Beaker are scientists, and Digit was a robot, and a technician. If Dave Goelz didn't perfirn Digit then maybe he could have teamed up with Bunsen and Beaker on occassion, without it seeming...
  9. M

    I don't like Clifford, do you?

    Jerry Nelson was there, and hardly had any recurring characters. Statler was his only regular classic character on the show. More of Jerry Nelson's characters could have been given regular spots on the show. Robin could have hung out with (or been annoyed by) Andy and Randy. Lew Zealand could...
  10. M

    SST Season 18 Outline: Counting People to Count With

    Enjoy this Sesame Street season 18 outline. Scene 1 The Count tells the viewer that today, he's going to count. Telly appears and says that he'd like to count with The Count, and the Count counts Telly as one perons to count with. Big Bird then shows up and Telly invites Big Bird to count...
  11. M

    Celebrity Song speculation

    I've been thinking about the various Sesame Street songs that have had celebrity edits specifically Put Down the Duckie and Monster in the Mirror. Those segments were included in Sesame Street's only pledge-drive specials, Sesame Street, Special and Big Bird's Birthday or Let Me Eat Cake. Sesame...
  12. M

    Potential Idea for a 40th Anniversary Special DVD Release

    And finally, my idea disc four line-up. Ernie and Bert Monkey's Under my Bed Bert Chooses a Hat In My Book Journey to Ernie: Journey to Big Bird Ernie Pretends to be Berniece Sleep! Grover A's Anatomy Global Grover: Mexico Spanish Word of the Day: Nina and Nino A Streetcar...
  13. M

    Sesame Podcasts

    The current episode is "Healthy Snacks". Segments include: Traction Jackson sings about fruits Jane Tuesday wants a sweet and crunchy snack A Cookie is a Sometimes Food
  14. M

    TV show DVD featurette observation

    I think that the puppet segments should have been included as part of the show, just like they originaly were (though I don't know if any were shot and unaired).
  15. M

    Potential Idea for a 40th Anniversary Special DVD Release

    My idea for disc 3 contents: Ernie and Bert Ernie and Bert go fishing What's the Name of That Song? Bert's Fairy Tales: Sleeping Beauty I've Gotta Be Clean Ernie's Show and Tell: Rubber Duckies Adding, Adding, Adding Stick Out Your Hand and Say Hello Things That I Remember Grover...
  16. M

    Why didn't Jim Henson have any writing credits in the first three Muppet movies?

    It's odd that Henson didn't write any of the movies. When he started out he did almost everything, and as time went by and more people were hired he did less. But I'm sure that he trusted Jerry Juhl. I am sure that many elements of the movie were hs ideas (shooting outdoors, Kermit riding a...
  17. M

    Favorite Musician Muppet

    I really like Zoot, Lips, Rowlf, and Digit the best.
  18. M

    Potential Idea for a 40th Anniversary Special DVD Release

    Oh, rats. I forgot to include sketches with Wally and Ralph, George the Farmer, Julius and Jasper, and Christopher Clumsy on that first disc. And the original Sing and Somebody Come and Play. And James Earl Jones reciting the alphabet. Anyway, this is what I'd do for disc 2. Ernie and...
  19. M

    Potential Idea for a 40th Anniversary Special DVD Release

    I have thought up a few differnet ideas of what sketches to include and how to include them. This is one of my ideas for disc 1, which would be the 1969-1979 disc. Ernie and Bert Ice Cube Collection Bert's Bottlecaps Ernie Locks Bert Out Ernie Imagines Him and Bert with Different...
  20. M

    TV show DVD featurette observation

    Having those compilations on the season sets is useless. The "Boris Badenov: Master of Disguise" feature is the only one of those that makes sense.
Top