Search results

  1. M

    Potential Idea for a 40th Anniversary Special DVD Release

    Somehow I have a feeling that if a four-disc release was released with each disc focusing on a certain decade, then the majority of fans would watch the first two discs more than the other two. Or that the kids watching would only want to watch discs 3 and 4. I had some ideas for special...
  2. M

    I don't like Clifford, do you?

    I agree with that, but judging from what I know about the InnerTube pilot, it seems like Jim Henson initially wasn't too interested in making it a regular follow-up to The Muppet Show. From what I've read, Kermit and Miss Piggy were the only established characters to appear, and they both only...
  3. M

    Oscar's sidekicks by themselves

    It's kinda weird. Out of all Oscar's sidekicks, the one that's also performed by Caroll Spinney (Bruno) seems to be the one seen without Oscar the least. The song I mentionend is the only time I can remember Bruno being seen without Oscar, though there are a few instances where Bruno and...
  4. M

    The Boy, The Girl and the Jellybeans

    That "re-u-ni-ted" line sounds like a song to me. Was that sung in the sketch at that point, or did you just quote it (assuming I am right about it being a line from a song) for fun? If the sketch has any brief song lines then hopefuly Sesame Workshop can one day work out a deal to include it on...
  5. M

    Potential Idea for a 40th Anniversary Special DVD Release

    I have recently thought of an idea for a great four-disc 40th anniversary DVD set. I've actually thought of it a few days ago, and thought about waiting until next april fools day to post a gag thread, but decided that I can't wait until then (and we'll probably already know what's planned for...
  6. M

    Street Gang: The Complete History of Sesame Street

    Another book that would be great if this book will be like is The Moose That Roared, a biography for Jay Ward and Bill Scott. While that book doesn't have many pictures, it has plenty of detailed information about Jay Ward's various productions (mainly Rocky and Bullwinkle, but it includes...
  7. M

    SST Season 25 outline: a warm spring day

    Hmmm, that sounds a little challenging. I can write for Gordon, but don't know if I can write for somebody acting like Gordon.
  8. M

    Street Gang: The Complete History of Sesame Street

    If this book has scripts and scene descriptions presented like in Sesame Street Unpaved, I think that more fan favorites shoudl get their own sections. A two-page spread of Harvey Kneeslaper sketches would be nice, as would a big section on Forgetful Jones. Back when Unpaved was released I was...
  9. M

    scripts in Sesame Street Unpaved

    After reading this I started wondering if the writer watched the sketches for reference or if he looked at the scripts, or if he did a little of both. It's very difficult to transcribe a scene word-for-word, even after watching it many times. And I've read that the performers often improvise, so...
  10. M

    SST Season 25 outline: a warm spring day

    Why shouldn't they? It's my outline, and as far as I know they weren't puled from the show by season 25. I don't know of any episodes from that season or later that did include them, but I also don't know that they weren't ever shown around that time. If you think The Four Seasons shouldn't...
  11. M

    SST Outline: Forgetful Jones' three wishes

    No, I didn't. Gina announced the sponsors. Oops, I wrote "Gina announces the sponsor" instead of "sponsor". But I always intended on having Gina, not the genie, announcing the sponsors.
  12. M

    Oscar's sidekicks by themselves

    There was once a song where Bruno sang with a group of garbage men. People have told me it's called Put it in the Trash Can, but people at Muppet Wiki later questioned it, not being able to look up any songs with that title, and with none of us having any english copies of the song. But Bruno...
  13. M

    scripts in Sesame Street Unpaved

    I'm sure that anybody with the book has notice,d but in Sesame Street Unpaved, most of the sketch scripts have differences between the book scripts and what was said/ done in the scenes represented. Sometimes it's more subtle, while in other cases (like The Golden An script) they only include...
  14. M

    Street Gang: The Complete History of Sesame Street

    I can't believe that I haven't commented on this yet. I wodner if this will be more like Sesame Street Unpaved or Jim Henson: The Works. It would be grreat if scripts and song lyrics were included in this book, of course I'm hoping for scripts and scene descriptiosn for sketches not scripted or...
  15. M

    Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Old School Volume 2

    You know, I believe that official announcements for the first two sets were announced around this time last year (though I think they were announced in may). Could an official announcement for volume 3 be made in the next few weeks? Then again, I think both official announcements came from...
  16. M

    TV show DVD featurette observation

    I have noticed something about featurettes that are made for DVD season sets. Usually when a seasons et of a TV show on DVD has an all-new featurette, the featurettes only include footage from the epsidoes on that set (and often previous sets). They don't normaly include clips from epsiodes from...
  17. M

    The MuppetCast - Show #53 - Follow That Fran!

    I don't recall Fran Brill being asked about projects she didn't perform in. It turns out that she doesn't remember performing the drummer, and many sites in the past have listed her as the performer (the only time I can recall seeing anything that suggested she was performed by anybody else was...
  18. M

    SST Outline: Forgetful Jones' three wishes

    Enjoy this Sesame Street season 19 outline. Scene 1 Forgetful Jones shows Gina a crystal-colored bottle that he'd found. Gina likes the jewlery on the bottle, then leaves. Forgetful then rubs the bottle a bit, and a genie (performed by Martin Robinson) comes out. The genie is so greatful...
  19. M

    The MuppetCast - Show #53 - Follow That Fran!

    Wow. This was great. Jim Henson being inducted into the television hall of fame (it makes me want to see the actual video clip... I especially can't tell what's going on in the Muppet NY workshop sequence... Boy I hope that Disney can get permission to include that clip on a Muppet Show DVD)...
  20. M

    Sesame Podcasts

    I would like to point out that the Take a Breath clip is different from the one included in Old School Volume 1. I thought they were different but wasn't sure, so I watched them both at the same time and saw the difference. But they still have the same vocals, and both consist of animal footage.
Top