Search results

  1. M

    Sesame Street: 40th anniversary Ideas

    Now that I think about it, maybe it would be great if Murray were to host an anniversary special. Maybe make "Sesame" or "Anniversary" be the word on the street. One thing that would be great for season 40, though I have a feelign they'll either continue the word on the street or have soem...
  2. M

    Your Thoughts: Howard Tubman

    I think you do have a bit of a point. After reading this, I though *** might be nice if the Muppets did maybe a summer series in which the Muppets work at a summer camp. Have Kermit be in charge of the camp, have Fozzie, Piggy, Gonzo, and a few other established characetrs be counsilors, have...
  3. M

    Behind the Music: Solid Foam

    Enjoy this fan fic, involving Solid Foam, the band from The Jim Henson Hour. I had considered titling this "Behind the Music: Solid Foam - A True Hollywood Story". Announcer: In 1989, the Muppets main band, The Electric Mayhem, was temporarily replaced with a band called Solid Foam...
  4. M

    Dr. Teeth Puppet on eBay

    That looks cool, though also a bit weird. It makes me wonder if they made the rest of the band as well.
  5. M

    Sesame Street: 40th anniversary Ideas

    One thought I'd had, in addition to the announced 40th anniversary DVD, would be a DVD focusing on sketches with supporting characters who are no longer on the show, to appeal to the adult colectors (and us) and possibly reintroduce them to kids. I also thought of one focusing on the most...
  6. M

    Your Thoughts: The Muppet Show Season 3

    There are a few things I noticed about this season when watching the set. One, it seems that many of the introductions for the opening numbers this year are a bit long, often with interruptions Think about it - Miss Piggy comes out from behind the curtain to tell Kermit what her number with...
  7. M

    Classic Clips on SST Workshop's Site

    The Sesame Street News segment in which Kermit itnerviews Cinderella and Prince Charming at the ball is now up at sesamestreet.org. It's listed a sKermit News: Cinderella.
  8. M

    Jim Henson's season 2 films

    A few episodes of The MuppetCast ago, Steve Swanson covered a recent Henson event in Florida, where they screened Henson's number films. He mentioned that Henson made two series of number films, one for season one, and another for season two. However, I wouldn't call his second season number...
  9. M

    What if VH1 and Sesame Workshop produced a countdown of SS songs...

    This does sound like a good diea. It'd be great if fans could nominate their favorite songs for it as well. But theoretically, if it were a "Top 20" countdown, I'd choose these songs: Rubber Duckie A Song From Kermit One Thing Leads to Another Because We're Friends Things That I...
  10. M

    Rare Muppet Pbs Promo

    That was funny. I doubt it was from the 1980s, as the Kermit puppet has very noticible felt texture, and a new material was used for the puppet starting with The Muppet Movie.
  11. M

    The Brand New Ask Jim Lewis Thread

    I'm just reposting that first question, so that Dwayne doesn't forget to send it next time.
  12. M

    Your Thoughts: Howard Tubman

    Man, I watched those clips, and they were great. It's a shame that they were hardly ever shown in the american portions (though Carter did make a cameo in Martin Short's closing number). it seems, however, like they were playing roles. I wonder if Howard would really be rich if he appeared...
  13. M

    Muppet/Cartoon Sketches with Eyes in the Dark

    In those scenes where it's so dark that you can only see the eyes of teh characters in the scene, does anybody know how it's done? Are there just black puppets matching the black background who are given eyes that match the characters? Is black cloth put over the character (excluding the eyes)?
  14. M

    Flash and Boomhauer

    Has anybody noticed similarities between Flash and King of the Hill's Boomhauer? Both characters talk in ways that are hard for the viewer to understand, yet the other on-screen characters cna understand them (though in the case of Flash, it seem slike only Clifford can understand him). Both...
  15. M

    Your Thoughts: Muppets Letters to Santa

    I liked the special. It would have been great if it had more adult humor (and more characters), but it's okay. It's interesting how the Muppets were usually just hanging out in the apartment building hallway. Claire's apartment was the only one that we really saw the inside of. And it feels...
  16. M

    Speculation: The Muppets' 55th Anniversary Celebrations

    I agree, with next year being the 55th anniversary (and hopefully celebrated officially by Disney) and assuming the new movie comes out as planned, I hope that there's a lot of cool Muppet merchandise, available at a wide variety of retailers (and not just the Disney parks or primarily available...
  17. M

    Your Thoughts: The Muppet Show Season 3

    So I guess you'd like The Kermit and Miss Piggy Story, since that video has scenes from their appearances on the show.
  18. M

    Muppet Event in Orlando, Florida

    For those who were there, I have heard on an epsiode of The MuppetCast that they screened Jim Henson's number films from Sesame Street. Was the rare Henson #1 screened?
  19. M

    Disney greenlights "The Muppet Show" comics

    Roger Landgridge has said in interviews that he wants the comic to be like a lost episode of The Mupet Show, but that'd be hard without a guets star (and I've seen an interview where he says the first four issues won't have guest stars). It also would be hard without music numbers, and I doubt...
  20. M

    The Solid Foam Band

    I didn't know Clash voiced Animal. I think Muppet Wiki says it was Rob Mills. But Animal's dialogue isn't that clear. It would make sense for somebody else to perform Zoot sicne Goezl was performing Digit, but Clash was performing Clifford as well as Zoot. And the song audio is recorded...
Top