Search results

  1. M

    Minor Muppetz' TMS Outline: Conrad Twitty

    Enjoy this fifth season episode outline. Cold Open Conrad Twitty arrives, and Pops informs him that he has to be tarred and feathered. Introduction Kermit introduces the show. Kermit is about to introduce Conrad Twitty, but gets called backstage, since Conrad Twitty has ben tarred and...
  2. M

    Any News on More SST Old School?

    I have a feeling that this 40th anniversary set will contain some street stories. Here are some that I'd like to see included: Episode 2, in which Oscar moves away from Sesame Street. Big Bird wants to go to day care. the season two Sesame Street Pet Show episode. Luis and Rafael open the...
  3. M

    Who's going to see Disney's the Princess and the Frog

    No, no it isn't, and there haven't been any official announcements over such a release.
  4. M

    Your Thoughts: The Muppet Show Season 3

    Okay... Finally... Here are my opinions on the remainign episodes, and the special features. Roger Miller - five stars Roger Miller worked so well with the Muppets. It's a shame he didn't do more with them. His numbers just keep getting better in the epsidoe. The Cluck-Itis runnign gag is...
  5. M

    Your Thoughts: The Christmas Toy DVD

    I know that you checked on this back in 2005, but did you check again recently when The Christmas Toy was released? Because I wonder if Henson even bothered this time around to try to get permission to show Kermit's scenes. When you mention the gues tappearances stipulations, are you...
  6. M

    Who's going to see Disney's the Princess and the Frog

    I had this thought for awhile as well, though my thought was for it to be released on DVD as it's own main feature when the movie is released in theaters.
  7. M

    Your Thoughts: The Muppet Show Season 3

    And now, here are my thoughts on the disc 3 epsiodes, but first, I'd like to talk about something. I had previously thought that The Muppet Movie was made after this season was completed, but before the DVD release I had read on the Tough Pigs forum that it was made between the Helen Reddy and...
  8. M

    Muppets 101 & Disney Muppet passholder event

    Heh heh heh, a lot of people didn't see Muppets From Space. ;) But I did!
  9. M

    Regarding the Muppet Show's Orchestra...

    Somethign that I just recently started noticing is that the Muppet orchestra was often seen out of the pit. The orchestra musicians would be shown on-stage or backstage, and it got me wodnering, is it normal for orchestra musicians to leave the orchestra pit when they are not needed?
  10. M

    Any News on More SST Old School?

    I've had some thoughts about this 40th anniversary release for soem time now. Since it's a two-disc collection, my preference would be that it have two or three hours worth of material on each disc. But I've noticed that on teh Old School sets that there isn't a "play all" feature for multiple...
  11. M

    The Brand New Ask Jim Lewis Thread

    Well, I haven't been able to post in awhile, but now that I'm back, I have a few questions. If you can remember, was Nigel the onyl name for the Muppets Tonight Nigel, or did his name have any extentions, like "Nigel the Director" (which is what fans often call him to disambiguate him from...
  12. M

    Your Thoughts: The Muppet Show Season 3

    Here are my thoughts on the episodes on disc 2: Alice Cooper - five stars The best part of this episode is the closing number, School's Out, which is also one of the few numbers with a group of full-body monsters where Thog is included. Loretta Lynn - five stars This episode feels more like...
  13. M

    Any News on More SST Old School?

    While I expect double-dipping to be done, I hope that the release doens't double-dip anything from the Old School sets. Most of the best-known A-list songs have had many remakes over the years, some of which haven't been on DVD. I wouldn't mind it including Rubber Duckie, as long as it's the...
  14. M

    Disney greenlights "The Muppet Show" comics

    I am very excited about the comic book. I am surprised about the release schedule, though. I expected the release schedule to be similar to how the Palisades figures were released (expecting issue 1 in spring, issue 2 in summer, issue 3 in fall, and issue 4 in winter). I'm also surprised tha the...
  15. M

    What's the term for this?

    Actually, I don't think they have any specific title. Back when Muppet Wiki started, I added a page for these kidns of sketches, and mad eup the title Sesame Street Muppet & Kid Moments. The title was shortened to remove "Sesame Street", and eventually it was formed into a category, spliting...
  16. M

    Paul Henson (father of Jim Henson)

    I think it was mentioned in Street Gang.
  17. M

    Sesamestreet.org relaunches for Season 39

    It seems like the "days" usually last a week or more. Still, I am really liking the relaunched site. I would still like to have many of these sketches on a DVD someday, and there's a lot that I want to see added. I noticed in the Mupets section that there's a box linking to search resaults...
  18. M

    Your Thoughts: The Muppet Show Season 3

    Well, I'd like to share my thoughts on the set. It's really great. I'll review the epsidoes in orde,r one disc at a time. Disc 1 epsiodes: Kris Kristofferson & Rita Coolidge - five stars. This is the perfect season premiere, it's so jam-packed with backstage, canteen, and on-stage antics...
  19. M

    Two New Sesame DVDs in April

    I am a little excited. I'll be surprised if any of Kermit's versions of Bein' Green are included. Somehow, I have a feeling that Elmo will sing a cover of the song. Or maybe Oscar's version will be included. But I hope that some kind of Kermit segment will be included. On My Pond would be the...
  20. M

    Your Thoughts: Street Gang – The Complete History of Sesame Street

    I enjoyed reading it. It took me four days (I had to work and take breaks from reading, after all). It is good, but at the same time has occassional disapointments. There's a lot of interesting info that I didn't know, but still more than enough ommissions. My main complaint: Although it's...
Top