Search results

  1. M

    Pre-Order Sesame Street 40 Years DVD Boxset

    Something just hit me: Some of the Bert and Ernie segments that are on the cover in still form were included in the clip montage from Things That I Remember. I wonder how possible it is that that's gonna be included, and the others not. Or maybe those can be included as well as Things That I...
  2. M

    Pre-Order Sesame Street 40 Years DVD Boxset

    There have been videos and DVDs that had still images on the back of material not on the releases. And that one online trailer for Being Green had several clips not on the video. But I trust that they will all be included (unless somethign gets removed at last minute). One thing that's...
  3. M

    Pre-Order Sesame Street 40 Years DVD Boxset

    Actually, I noticed twelve instances of double-dipping in the photo. Well, double-dipping from American releases. Rubber Duckie - it's been in Sing-Along, Sesame Street's 25th Birthday, and many other releases. Bein' Green - it's been released in Sesame Street's 25th Birthday and Old...
  4. M

    Pre-Order Sesame Street 40 Years DVD Boxset

    That Alistar Cookie image looks like it might be either Me, Claudias or Upstairs, Downstairs. YES! Finally! Actually, I think both images are from the 1 sketch. That bakwer image shows him holding one wedding cake. That's what the fanmemories say he held, and that's what a 1970 Sesame...
  5. M

    the scarcity of green grover

    Well, Sesame Workshop has just recently chosen to include a green Grover clip on sesamestreet.org, the first and last sketch. I hope this becomes a trend for the site (it'd be nice if we got a new green Grover sketch every friday until they ran out). The Grover scene from Baker Number 5 was cut...
  6. M

    Little things we've noticed

    I've been thinking about small but interesting things that we may have noticed in certain Sesame Street inserts or episodes. Anybody notice anything like this? I'll list some: I just watched "I Gotta Be Clean" today and noticed that Bert appears to have a Rubber Pigeon in the bathtub. I...
  7. M

    Muppet Peter Pan

    I never thought Peter Pan would be released until after Muppet Robin Hood. But then again, I also thought that Muppet Robin Hood was supposed to come after the first four issues of The Muppet Show Comic Book.
  8. M

    Jim Henson's season 2 films

    I just saw that Bumble Ardy is available for viewing at sesamestreet.org. I didn't think it was. It is interesting, though; If you search for "henson" at sesamestreet.org, most of Henson's non-Muppet contributions are there, but Bumble Ardy isn't.
  9. M

    Proud to be a Cow

    I just saw Proud to be a Cow on youtube, and I noticed that in the introduction, Fred the Wonder Horse sounded different than usual. Was that Michael Earl? It sort of sounded like Earl's Forgetful Jones voice.
  10. M

    Disney Goes Anime

    I saw this movie today. It was good. The animation style reminded me of 1960s and 1970s animation, especially late-1970s Sesame Street animation.
  11. M

    The Brand New Ask Jim Lewis Thread

    In season 5 of The Muppet Show, a new addition to The Electric Mayhem was added, a trumpet player named Lips. Though he didn't really develop a personality, he did appear alongside the band for years, most notably in The Great Muppet Caper and A Muppet Family Christmas, but he hasn't been seen...
  12. M

    Pre-Order Sesame Street 40 Years DVD Boxset

    I feel like I know what you mean, and yet at the same time, I also don't.
  13. M

    Pre-Order Sesame Street 40 Years DVD Boxset

    Of course, it was announced that the upcoming 40th anniversary book will include a bonus DVD. That could be like a third disc. So far only the first episode has been confirmed as being included, so it wouldn't be much extra incentive for those with the first Old School set (I'd be surprised if...
  14. M

    Pre-Order Sesame Street 40 Years DVD Boxset

    That's more than I wished for. Long before it was announced I wished for (and started a thread about) a four-disc set focusing on ten years per disc. I didn't think about a fifth bonus disc (I think I thought of putting bonus material on disc 4 or something like that). But at least we're getting...
  15. M

    The Darkwing Duck Thread

    I just recently watched Just Us Justice Ducks, and I'm wondering, was Neptuna in any other episodes? Wikipedia's list of Darkwing Duck characters doesn't say much about her. SHe seems like an interesting character, yet she appeared to be the least developed membe rof the Justice Ducks (I...
  16. M

    A list of Sesame Street toys for the 40th anniversary...

    Muppet Wiki now has pages for these. I thought the figures were coming out late,r but they are out now. They do look cool.
  17. M

    Pre-Order Sesame Street 40 Years DVD Boxset

    Or... Can't there be multiple reviews of the set before it comes out? Is it really six hours of classic Sesame Street? The Muppet Newsflash and tvshowsondvd.com both announced that the set would be five hours of footage, each disc represents different 20-year periods, and I don't think 6...
  18. M

    TBS broadcasts of Family Guy

    It's almost as annoying as how when Comedy Central airs a movie it seems like it airs commercial breaks every five minutes.
  19. M

    TBS broadcasts of Family Guy

    Is anybody else annoyed by how TBS handles it's reruns of Family Guy (of course, I don't know whether FG reruns are still shown on that channel)? Mainly, the commercial breaks are shown in different spots than in the original broadcasts and in syndication and Adult Swim reruns. TBS often puts a...
  20. M

    Taz-Mania

    The theme song was fast-paced, and it featured appearances and name mentions of almost every character from the first season. The show starred the Tasmanian Devil and had a large cast of characters. There were three basic kinds of / settings -- Taz and his family, Taz at work, and Taz in the...
Top