Little things we've noticed

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I've been thinking about small but interesting things that we may have noticed in certain Sesame Street inserts or episodes. Anybody notice anything like this?

I'll list some:
  • I just watched "I Gotta Be Clean" today and noticed that Bert appears to have a Rubber Pigeon in the bathtub. I noticed it at first and thought it looked like a silver rubber duckie, but I'm pretty sure that that's supposed to be a pigeon equivilient to the Rubber Duckie. It's face can be seen in the sketch, though I didn't think the view was very good.
  • In "Cookie Disco", there is still a cookie on the wall when Cookie Monster thinks he's run out of cookies. He apparantly was so worried about running out that he didn't notice. Shameful.
  • I've mentioned this before, but I've noticed that the background in "A Song From Kermit" is actually a cloudy background over a blue background as opposed to a background with clouds painted on it, as the clouds make small movements (which is a little hard to notice due to the camera moving as well).

Anybody else notice anything interesting?

Count von Count

Reaction score
I have noticed performer's head and arm can be seen while muppeteering,
if you look for them. That's allways interesting.

sesameguy

Reaction score
Ernie's tear

Thanks for the lists and links- here's one I noticed one day that has really stuck with me.

In the pageant skit where Bert sings "That's love" while disguised as Cupid, at the end of the song, as he begins to sing that he'll always "have a special place for Ernie in my heart," a very shiny "dot" can be seen on Ernie's nose. Ernie wipes it away quickly, leading me to conclude that it must have been a tear! I honestly hadn't seen that until years later when the skit was rerun in the "Unpaved" episodes. It's one of those little things that makes the skit quite memorable.

http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/That's_Love

Count von Count

Reaction score
Yes it is there at the time of 3:52. on you'r video link
It might be tear I'm not to sure. The way Jim takes it off makes me think that it is.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Recently I saw the "Waiter Grover" sketch where it is Charlie's birthday", and I'd always noticed that the sketch began with a shot of the outside of the restaurant, but hadn't really wondered why until recently (after all, that's the only sketch I know of where it's shown). But then it hit me why it was in this particular sketch: The neon "Charlie's" sign had the "CH" part flashing on and off, to put emphasis on the "CH" lesson of the sketch.

Also, today while watching the sketch where Danny Devito waits at the bus stop with Oscar and Bruno, I noticed that after Oscar says "This is a grouch bus stop. Right, Bruno?", Bruno actually makes a grunting sound in agreement. I've been watching this on youtube for the past five months, and I hadn't noticed it before (maybe I didn't have the volume turned up loud enough 'til now?). I think I also heard Bruno make a few other similar grunt sounds in the sketch, but I'm not sure.

Skekayuk

Reaction score
I remember watching the Frazzle-Goes-To-The-Dentist sketch, and there is something about Frazzle's Mom's hairstyle. - It looks to me as though it could have been based on the hairstyle of the Farmer's Mother in the film 'Withnail & I'.