Search results

  1. M

    Mr. Johnson in the 1980's

    While looking at Muppet Wiki, I noticed that the earliest-known appearance of the "O'Briens Fast Food Restaurant" sketch was a season 20 episode. That's one more 1980s appearance!
  2. M

    Anticipating the TP Jerry Nelson interview!

    You only had a few hours... But it feels like the whole interview lasts under 30 minutes. I don't really think of Featherstone as being that obscure... Granted, he's never been a big part of any Henson television series, and his two best-known appearances are in specials that haven't been...
  3. M

    Mr. Johnson's seating arrangement

    After watching one of them again and looking at the area around the door, I can see that it IS a different set, though a little similar. I also recently noticed that the "alphabet soup" sketch has a different colored door than in later sketches from the early years. It looks more reddish...
  4. M

    Anticipating the TP Jerry Nelson interview!

    Part 3 has been posted. I must say, I really liked parts 2 and 3 better. I believe that there's only a few recurring characters not discussed. I think the only really important characters not brought up are Featherstone and Simon Soundman. I also wish that he would have talked about Beard from...
  5. M

    The Adventures of Elmo in Grouchland: 10th Anniversary FanFic

    (the residents of both Sesame Street and Grouchland are both hanging out on Sesame Street. Party decorations are everywhere) Elmo: Oh, hi. Elmo is so glad you are here. Today, we are celebrating the tenth anniversary of The Adventures of Elmo in Grouchland, Elmo's one and only movie. The...
  6. M

    Muppets From Space: 10th Anniversary FanFic

    Kermit, Gonzo, Rizzo, Fozzie, Miss Piggy, Animal, Pepe, Scooter, Rowlf, Floyd, Bunsen, Beaker, Clifford, Janice, and Sweetums were all gathered in the living room of the boarding house. Kermit: Well, it's been ten years since our last theatrically-released film, Muppets From Space. Pepe...
  7. M

    Anticipating the TP Jerry Nelson interview!

    It was said that the next part will discuss Sesame Street and Saturday Night Live. I hope this one includes another round of character discussions (only from Sesame Street... I'd like for him to talk about more than The Count and maybe Herry Monster and Snuffy). That fact about Sweetums in...
  8. M

    Question about Disney and licensing characters.

    Those are good points, though I wonder how one would explain Disney allowing for Kermit to make a cameo in Mister Magoriums Wonder Emporium, a movie from FOX. I haven't seen the movie but I assume it's on DVD. It's also a bit odd when just a few years after buying the Muppets, Disney...
  9. M

    Anticipating the TP Jerry Nelson interview!

    Well, part two is now online, and while the first part looked a lot like the Muppet Central interview from around 10 years ago, this part focuses on many of his characters, though not Statler or any of his Sesame Street characters.
  10. M

    New Video: Ringing of the Bells

    It sure is good, though not as good as Bohemian Rhapsody. This may belong in a different thread, but MuppetsStudio also uploaded a video of Kermit and Whoopi Goldberg promoting a Kermit pin, sales of which go to a charity... I forget what it's called, but you can find it by looking through...
  11. M

    Anticipating the TP Jerry Nelson interview!

    Good so far, though it looks a lot like the Muppet Central interview. I noticed that many interviews with the performers ask about their beginnings with the Muppets. Even the kinds run by people whom I'd expect to be hardcore enough to know this kind of information (Muppet Central, The...
  12. M

    Question about The 12 Days of Christmas from A Christmas Together TV Special

    Also, when the Muppets sing, the audio is pre-recorded, so the only way it would be possible for a Muppet to make a mistake while singing is in the audio room.
  13. M

    Classic Clips on SST Workshop's Site

    Oh, here's the link: http://www.sesamestreet.org/video_player?p_p_lifecycle=0&p_p_id=videoPlayer_WAR_sesameportlets4369&p_p_uid=7274a0fc-a229-461d-8acb-f3e781fefa00
  14. M

    Classic Clips on SST Workshop's Site

    I found a funny clip called Elections Day, in which Big Bird and Snuffy learn about voting. And I think this is the first clip on the website where Snuffy's former "imaginary" status is directly mentioned.
  15. M

    Sesamestreet.org relaunches for Season 39

    It's Guessing Day with Abby Cadabby. Quite a few christmas clips have been added, including "Gift From the Heart", the sites title for the Bert and Ernie scenes from Christmas Eve on Sesame Street. Oddly enough all the scenes are shown together in one clip, unlike the various multi-part...
  16. M

    TV Alert: Letters to Santa reairs December 4 and 19

    Isn't it interesting that NBC is showing this special THREE TIMES this year? I mean, I wouldn't be so surprised if it was a cable channel, but NBC isn't cable. It's not often that a christmas special will be repeated during the same year on network television.
  17. M

    Any big Murray fans?

    Currently it seems like Elmo's World is the only recurring sketch to get it's own DVD releases. For a long time I've been thinking they should release more like that (especially complete Sesame Street News and Monsterpiece Theater sketches), but recently I've been thinking that they should...
  18. M

    Your Thoughts: Sesame Street 40 Years DVD Box Set

    One thing that I noticed is that while the set includes stuff that was released on the ld School sets a few years ago, it doesn't really have anything that was released on DVD this year (unless you count the Fairy Shoe Person, which was released on Elmo and Friends: The Magical Quest, which was...
  19. M

    Will there be an Old School Vol. 3 DVD?

    I was thinking a bit about this last night, and I wonder if a single-disc "Best of the First Week of Sesame Street" would be a good idea. The whole first week was sponsored by the same letters and numbers, and quite a few sketches were repeated throughout the week (some were in all five of the...
  20. M

    Your Thoughts: The Muppet Show Comic Book

    Here's a preview for Pigs in Space: http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=preview&id=4008&disp=table
Top