Search results

  1. M

    DVD set idea: Sesame Street Golden Collection

    Wow. I decided to take a look at this, which I posted long ago, before Muppet Wiki was even launched. I counted my own wishlist contents for the discs of the theoretical first volume... And they are all smaller than the contents of disc 1 of the 40th anniversary set (interesting; I feel like a...
  2. M

    Classic Clips on SST Workshop's Site

    Sam the Robot's first appearance is on the site: http://www.sesamestreet.org/video_player?p_p_lifecycle=0&p_p_id=videoPlayer_WAR_sesameportlets4369&p_p_uid=3122dd08-704a-4848-9808-979cbd9cd233
  3. M

    Has Cookie Monster ever gotten angry?

    Does anybody happen to know whether Cookie Monster has ever gotten angry? I've seen him show other emotions (happy, sad, nervous, fear), but never anger. I'm a bit surprised that there hasn't been a sketch where he gets angry over not getting a cookie or something.
  4. M

    A Very Grouchy Holiday Pageant

    (Murray is on the street) Murray: Hi, I'm Murray from Sesame Street, and I'd like to know, what's the word on the street? Grouch Passer-By: Scram! Murray: What does "scram" mean? Grouch Passer-By: Get lost! Murray: Oh. Grouch Passer-By #2: Actually, the word on the street should be...
  5. M

    Your Thoughts: The Muppet Show Comic Book

    Tough Pigs now has a new interview with Roger Langridge, which includes some spoilers for "On the Road", information about the issues after that storyarc, and more.
  6. M

    Sesame Street signature songs

    Those profiles usually listed up to three "favorite songs" for each character, with the first one usually being a song they sang on the show (and usually the "signature" songs... It listed "Fuzzy and Blue" as one of Herry's favorites), and then a few non-Sesame songs that sort of have to do with...
  7. M

    Sesame Street signature songs

    I don't know about that one... His voice isn't heard very clearly. It's more of a chorus song. In the early Roosevelt Franklin Elementary School sketches we only heard the vocals over a shot of the school. In later sketches we saw a transparent view of Roosevelt and the other students singing...
  8. M

    Sesame Street signature songs

    I'm thinking that The Count's signature song was The Song of the Count, until The Batty Bat came around. I think Don Music's could have been his variation of Twinkle, Twinkle. Little Jerry and the Monotones signature song is probably Telephone Rock. Chrissy and the Alphabeats...
  9. M

    Does Zoe have a favorite song

    I wonder if "My Name is Zoe" should be considered Zoe's trademark song, just like how many other characters have a trademark/signature/best-known song (Ernie's is Rubber Duckie, Bert's is Doin' the PIgeon, Elmo's is Elmo's Song, I'm not quite sure if Grover's is Over, Under, Around, and Through...
  10. M

    Original Elmo Voices?

    The recent 40th anniversary DVD, Sesame Street: 40 Years of Sunny Days, has a season 11 Elmo sketch where he has a different voice. Some have said that it's Jerry Nelson performing him there, but while it's a Nelson-like voice, I don't think it sounds like him... Maybe it's Michael Earl (some of...
  11. M

    Top Annoying Misnaming People Do

    I didn't learn their names last. That honor goes to A. Ligator, the announcer from Muppets Tonight. :)
  12. M

    Top Annoying Misnaming People Do

    I have a t-shirt with Animal on it, and it annoys me when people who see it think that it's Elmo, or acknowledge that it's Animal but then say he was on Sesame Street. Heck, once somebody actually mistook him for Cookie Monster.
  13. M

    Sesame Street classic clips on YouTube

    Here is Harvey Kneeslapper trying to sell the phrase "AWAY FROM". http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmilY1ydUfk And man, it's gramaticaly incorrect. The mana t the end says "I'd like to get away from you"... shoudln't it be "I'd like to get 'Away from' from you?"
  14. M

    Sesamestreet.org relaunches for Season 39

    It's now "Make a Snow Grouch Day" with Oscar. Fluffy also makes an appearance.
  15. M

    What bonus features would you like on The Muppet Show Season 4?

    You know, I feel like The Muppets Valentine Show could work as a stand-alone DVD, as a valentines release. I'm surprised that it was never released commercially on home video. The cover could have a big heart-shaped image of Mia Farrow with some of the Muppets from the special, and maybe smaller...
  16. M

    Anticipating the TP Jerry Nelson interview!

    When Jerry Nelson said to buy his album at the end of the interview, does anybody know whether he was joking or if he's actually releasing an album? I haven't heard anything about an actual Jerry Nelson album. In fact, while many fans have mentioend that he has a seperate music career outside of...
  17. M

    Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 40

    Has this season shown anything where Ernie was performed by Jim Henson? I would hate for an entire season to lack a Jim Henson sketch... Were any Henson performances on the show last year?
  18. M

    What bonus features would you like on The Muppet Show Season 4?

    I don't think any episodes of Muppet Babies, Little Muppet Monsters, The Jim Henson Hour, Muppets Tonight, or Muppets TV belong on this set.
  19. M

    Mr. Johnson always complains about Grover's service...

    I didn't say it was impossible, I was just wondering if it's ever actually common. As I said, there were quite a few instances where the restaurants were all out of Mr. Johnson's orders. Examples include: the sketch listed as "All Out of Food" on Old School Vol. 2... Obviously the place is...
  20. M

    Mr. Johnson always complains about Grover's service...

    Mr. Johnson always complains about Grover's service, but I wonder if it's really more the restarant's fault than Grover's. Grover is just the waiter, not the cook. It's not Grover's fault that the alphabet soup didn't have every letter at first, and I don't think it was Grover's idea for the...
Top