Search results

  1. M

    Your Thoughts: Fraggle Rock The Animated Series DVD

    I bought the set today, and one thing that I didn't know... Maybe I read it and forgot/missed it... But it's like the early single-disc Fraggle Rock sets... The opening and closing only appear once on the discs? Complete sets should have their openings and closings pone very episode.
  2. M

    Warner Home Video now distributing Sesame Workshop DVDs

    I wouldn't overreact just yet. I think this is only the second announced DVD from Warner Home Video, and it doesn't seem too different from what Sony and Genius have been doing. I mean, aside from the Old School and 40th anniversary DVDs, classic material on new DVDs has been semi-scarce (we...
  3. M

    Steve Whitmire on The MuppetCast

    Good interview, though I wish there would have been a bit of discussion on his days on The Muppet Show (and especially his character Lips), Fraggle Rock, The Jim Henson Hour, and other productions. I enjoyed hearing him talk about the more recent productions and the recasting of characters, but...
  4. M

    The Muppet Mindset

    All-in-all, that was a great interview. As I read it I was wodnering if you'd ask about Seymour (I guess you need to find a way to interview Brian Henson and ask him why he was dropped) and what it was like for Bill to take over as some of Jim's characters.
  5. M

    Sesamestreet.org relaunches for Season 39

    Today is "Make a Shape Day" with Grover.
  6. M

    Sesame Street Oatmeal FAIL

    Not including Bert on Sesame Street oatmeal is unacceptable! The only thing that'd be worse would be if they marketed official "Invisible Ice Cream Cones" and put Murray on the packaging, or if they marketed "Sesame Street Pepperoni and Sardine Milkshakes" but included Elmo on the packaging...
  7. M

    The Muppet Mindset

    Nitpick Time! The Johnny Fiama article says that he was in all post-Muppets Tonight movies except Letters to Santa... Letters to Santa is a special, not a movie (and Johnny wasn't in Kermit's Swamp Years).
  8. M

    Muppet Peter Pan

    I haven't seen the comics, but I agree. It's puzzling that there were only a few lost boys, and there should have been more monsters as the pirates.
  9. M

    Should the show go 3-d just for one time only on TV ?

    When I first read the title, I thought it was asking about 3D as in Muppet Vision 3D or the Sesame Street 3D film, and I started thinking... The opening sequence from the Baker films would look cool in 3D.
  10. M

    Your Thoughts: Sesame Street 40 Years DVD Box Set

    I don't know how to say this, but when my first viewing of this DVD was also the first time I felt a bit choked up during the explanation of Mr. Hooper's death. For thge longest time my only exposure to the scene was the 20th anniversary special (which didn't include any Mr. Hooper clips), and...
  11. M

    Richard Hunt's First SST Sketch

    Considering he started out for the most part doing background characters, right hands, and the back end of Mr. Snuffleupagus, we may never know.
  12. M

    The RHLC!

    I just checked out The Works from the library, and noticed that while it says he "joined the company" in 1972 in the timeline section, the section that talks about him joining says that he joined Sesame Street in 1970.
  13. M

    The Muppet Mindset

    Based on your two hints about the interview - that the performer was in the "Bohemian Rhapsody" video and in that shot in Muppets From Space, I'll deduct that it's either Steve Whitmire, Bill Baretta, or Dave Goelz. I don't think there's a full official list of performers from the video...
  14. M

    Has anyone ever written to Sesame Workshop?

    Then again, they still haven't given Murray much interraction with the other familiar characters...
  15. M

    Muppet Snow White

    Either of those characters would work great as the woodsman. Or Sweetums could make a good woodsman. Or Beauregard. Hmm... At least in the Disney version, the woodmsan substitutes Snow White's heart with the heart of a pig... I wonder if any jokes regarding this will be put in the...
  16. M

    Muppet Snow White

    Unless, of course, he end sup appearing in Muppet King Arthur or any of the Muppet Show Comic Book issues that come before Snow White. Last summer I had started wondering how the casting would be doen for something like Snow White, which features both a female lead and a female villian. Miss...
  17. M

    Your Thoughts: Sesame Street 40 Years Hardcover Book

    I find it interesting that the section on Brian Meehl includes a picture of him performing the right hand of Deena Monster, considering he performed her partner Pearl. Then again, I guess it's possible that Frank Oz might have performed Ernie's right arm, or Richard Hunt could have performed...
  18. M

    The RHLC!

    After talking earlier about what I've read about Richard being more of a background performer for quite some time, it seems like many other performers became major sooner than Richard apparantly did. I know that Michael Earl and Brian Meehl both joined halfway through season 10, and both had...
  19. M

    Bring Your Own Can Night

    I thought I'd start a thread about this sketch, listed as "Bring Your Own Can Night" on the 40th anniversary DVD, but otherwise doesn't appear to have anything to do with the title. The plot involves Oscar and Bruno going to a place called the "Cha Cha Palace". At the beginning the voices...
  20. M

    Sesame Street classic clips on YouTube

    Sesame Workshop has added quite a few clips that I haven't found at sesamestreet.org, including: This Frog Bayou Alphabet (I think it's listed as "Alphabet at the Swamp" or something like that) James Earl Jones recites the alphabet
Top