Search results

  1. M

    Kermit having different homes on SS

    Yeah, Kermit does seem to have bad luck with his homes... Grover accidently flooded the house while tryign to fix a faucet (though this shouldn't bother Kermit... He's a frog, after all, and frogs can live underwater), Grover's weather machine caused it to rain inside, the monster fix-it team...
  2. M

    Kermit having different homes on SS

    In those songs I don't think it's actually stated that he lived in those swamps. I never thought of those as his home. And I wonder if his usual homes were houses or apartments. His living room at least has changed a few times. In the 1980s it the wallpaper was solid green as opposed to...
  3. M

    Classic Clips on SST Workshop's Site

    I am glad that the Kermit and John-John skit was added. Info was posted at Muppet Wiki, compiled by CTW Archives documents, and since there were no pictures I had wondered whether the documents mistakenly listed Kermit instead of Herry (as Herry and John-John had also demonstrated loud and...
  4. M

    Any Closing Logos Fans?

    I really like closing logos. My favorites include the Warner Bros. "That's all, folks!", the MTM Enterprises logo (especially on Newhart, where Bob Newhart provided the cats meow), UBU Productions' "Sit, Ubu, sit", and the 1980's "Henson Associates/Jim Henson Company" logos with an animated...
  5. M

    Loretta Long Struck by a Car

    Though I already knew she was injured by a car, when I saw the thread title ("What is this about Loretta Long injured this a.m.?", just in case the title gets changed) I thought it was saying that Loretta Long injured an anything muppet.
  6. M

    Muppet King Arthur

    I read that in this comic Rowlf plays Merlin, a role he played a few times on the short-lived Jim Henson Hour. Do you happen to know whether the person who made that casting decision (I assume it was the writer) was aware of this or if the casting was just a coincidence?
  7. M

    Classic Clips on SST Workshop's Site

    Well, a lot of classic clips have been added today. Including this insert with Kermit and John-John: http://www.sesamestreet.org/video_player/-/pgpv/videoplayer/0/10897c8f-2b4e-4493-9f3a-7dee87e6db1e/kermit_and_john_john_sounds
  8. M

    Your Thoughts: The Muppet Show Comic Book

    I've been thinking, wouldn't it be cool if one of the comics featured a performance by Beaker, The Swedish Chef, and Animal? I'm not too big on the idea of that team-up being used so much in the virmup videos (Steve Whitmire himself said he thought it was overkill in his MuppetCast interview)...
  9. M

    Your Thoughts: The Muppet Show Comic Book

    Well I found a copy of the first "On the Road" issue. It's very good, and the Fozzie comic a tthe end is funny. I noticed that the Mutations are miscolored. Also interesting that Boppity and Gloat are drawn approximately the same height as Sweetums in the opening (and I wish they'd put in more...
  10. M

    Sesamestreet.org relaunches for Season 39

    It is now Letter V Day with Elmo.
  11. M

    Bring Your Own Can Night

    Probably because they had behind-the-scenes footage to go along with it.
  12. M

    Warner Home Video now distributing Sesame Workshop DVDs

    I wonder how much of the first season of Tiny Toons has been released on the two sets... I think Tiny Toons is one of the few animation properties that WB has released in a set of more than two discs. The majority of Warner Home Video releases I have on DVD are the Looney Tunes Golden...
  13. M

    Classic Clips on SST Workshop's Site

    Did we know that this clip was on the site: http://www.sesamestreet.org/video_player/-/pgpv/videoplayer/0/ad640a13-5516-4e13-b55d-f4be3d3d4445/luis_and_maria_love_each_other This clip shows Luis and Maria deciding to get married, after Big Bird prompts them to. It would be interesting to...
  14. M

    Muppet King Arthur

    Tough Pigs has a preview of the first few pages... As I was reading my opinions chanegd from "maybe I'll skip this one..." to "this is really funny!" There's quite a few sight gags (like Sam talking about stimulating the economy, with an accompanying note that says "Stimulate the economy by...
  15. M

    Your Thoughts: The Muppet Show Comic Book

    Tough Pigs now has previews for issue 2, as well as the first issue of Muppet King Arthur. Hmmm... Anybody know if the Peg-Leg Wilson trade paperback has been released in the US yet? I don't think comic book resources showed a preview, and I still haven't found it in stores (I found copies...
  16. M

    Your Thoughts: Fraggle Rock The Animated Series DVD

    I thought maybe they were trying to save disc time/space. I usually enjoy watching the opening and closing theme on TV shows.
  17. M

    Warner Home Video now distributing Sesame Workshop DVDs

    You know, while Warner does own the rights to the characters from those properties, Warner doesn't own the Sesame Street characters or program, only video distribution and the rights to make Sesame Street video games.
  18. M

    Warner Home Video now distributing Sesame Workshop DVDs

    After thinking about the recently-announced springtime video only having one classic clip, a thought occurred to me. There really aren't many sketches about spring. The Cookie Bunny is close enough, as the Cookie Bunny is an obvious parody of the easter bunny, and easter comes in spring. All...
  19. M

    What TV series seasons do you have on DVD?

    The Muppet Show 1-3 Fraggle Rock 1 (and animated series) Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 1 Three's Company 1-2 Greg the Bunny The Simpsons 1-12 SCTV 4 (I have the first three volumes, which total the whole fourth season in order) Rocky and Bullwinkle 1-3 Super Mario Bros. 3...
  20. M

    Your Thoughts: Fraggle Rock The Animated Series DVD

    I pushed the "play all" button only so far (I didn't watch all of disc 1 yet), and I've gone through two and a half half-hours so far. The first episode on the set is a full half-hour episode.
Top