Search results

  1. M

    More Looney Tunes DVDs coming to DVD in April

    Well, I've heard that Warner has a policy of not allowing years to be listed on DVD packaging or original features on it's animation DVDs, though there are exceptions (the Popeye sets, though I hear that's because the character copyright holders demanded it, and the Peanuts specials sets).
  2. M

    Things That Disappointed You

    When I learned that the Muppets are really puppets, I wasn't disapointed, but I was disapointed to learn that Big Bird, Snuffy, and other full-body characters are costumes as opposed to really big puppets. Just kidding. Though somebody insisted to me that the Gorgs were just really big...
  3. M

    Overused Plots in Movies and TV

    I think that is already the title of a Muppet Babies episode (I know, "who besides us would know?"). Interestingly, in all my years of aspiring to be a script/screenwriter and having many different ideas for television shows, episodes, and movies... Very few of the ideas mentioned in this...
  4. M

    Transparent Animal

    Somebody brought this up back when the first season DVD was released, and Was Once Ernie said somehting about it being a "burn" effect, or something like that, meaning that certain lighting could make things remain on-camera.
  5. M

    The Charlie Brown and Snoopy Thread!

    It's interesting... Whenever Patty appeared in color, her hair looked brown, yet it wasn't made dark/ shaded in the black and white strips. Then again, Peppermint Patty's hair wasn't dark in black and white.
  6. M

    The Charlie Brown and Snoopy Thread!

    I know that Pig-Pen became more popular than Charles Schultz wanted him to be, so he lasted throughout the run, even though he wasn't used much. It seems like Franklin wasn't used much, either, evne though he was also in the strip up until 1999.
  7. M

    Segments that were possibly taped on the same day

    Maybe it's me but it seems like Luis wore the same orange shirt in both episodes 406 and 536.
  8. M

    Some observations on Episode 2096

    I haven't actually seen the full episode 2096. The full street scene where the adults meet Snuffy is on youtube (featuring more than what the 40th anniversary DVD included), and looked a tthe Muppet Wiki page, and there are a few things I noticed, that sort of struck me odd... First, in the...
  9. M

    The Charlie Brown and Snoopy Thread!

    It's possible that that's what the parents were called. It is odd that 5 is apparantly the oldest, and his younger sisters were 3 and 4.
  10. M

    The Charlie Brown and Snoopy Thread!

    I thought Violet and Frieda were both major for quite a few years... Frieda might have been just a few years, thoug. Those twins were 3 and 4, sisters to 5, who appeared for quite a long time in the strips and specials (You're in Love, Charlie Brown was the only other special with the twins)...
  11. M

    The Charlie Brown and Snoopy Thread!

    That's a shame. One character I'd like to talk about is Roy, who was around in the late 1960s. He was introduced in a storyline where Charlie Brown met Roy at camp, and then the enxt year Roy met Linus at camp, and then he was responsible for introducing Peppermint Patty to the gang, and was...
  12. M

    More Looney Tunes DVDs coming to DVD in April

    It was announced at the golden age cartoons forum that there'll be two new Looney Tunes DVds released in april, I think on the 27th but I could be wrong about the date. Both include only cartoons not available on past "Golden Collection" sets, and are themed around Bugs and Daffy (I forget the...
  13. M

    Hal Miller, the middle Gordon

    Although it's not a great example of him as a character, here is a clip with Hal Miller that can be seen at sesamestreet.org: http://www.sesamestreet.org/video_player/-/pgpv/videoplayer/0/9eea9795-14c5-11dd-908c-b1ad799cf6d2/model_airplane It seems liek Gordon was sort of the host in early...
  14. M

    Sesamestreet.org relaunches for Season 39

    Now it's "Fix the Problem Day" with Abby Cadabby. I guess there must have been a glitch or mistake or something.
  15. M

    The Muppet Mindset

    There's one thing stated quite a bit in that article on Nicky Holiday that I never quite noticed, and I watched "The Great Muppet Caper" again after reading it, looking for this character trait, and still couldn't find what the article writer was talkign about. I am referrignt o the mention of...
  16. M

    Classic Clips on SST Workshop's Site

    Here's an interesting clip that was just added: http://www.sesamestreet.org/video_player/-/pgpv/videoplayer/0/4d34d0c1-d782-4bcf-af27-f2da334c151e/snow_dance It's obviously a special episode-specific closing credit sequence, yet there are no credits. The theme music is included, and Elmo...
  17. M

    Sesamestreet.org relaunches for Season 39

    It's Weather Day with Zoe yet again, so soon after it ended.
  18. M

    Song of the Cloud Forrest coming to DVD:

    This is exciting news! I saw this special on youtube two years ago, and thought it was great. It'll be great to own a copy.
  19. M

    Cloud Forest and Animal Show Coming to DVD!

    Of course, unless they can get permission to include Sam the Eagle in the bald eagle episode, then there would probably never be "complete" sets.
  20. M

    Hal Miller, the middle Gordon

    In the 40th anniversary book, it says that he preferred behind-camera roles.
Top