Your Thoughts: The Muppet Show Comic Book

Drtooth

Reaction score
The titles look so much better than that plain typeface. Much more medieval than the plain Celtic font. Man, this stuff's getting good... not that it wasn't before.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I just found preview images with the new 'authentic' title on it (which I did, yaaaay).
Annnnnd apparently I'm doing B covers for Muppet Snow White.

I love it when they tell me these things :/
I think Muppet Snow White is going to be fun!

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Well I found a copy of the first "On the Road" issue. It's very good, and the Fozzie comic a tthe end is funny. I noticed that the Mutations are miscolored. Also interesting that Boppity and Gloat are drawn approximately the same height as Sweetums in the opening (and I wish they'd put in more monsters from the show, as opposed to including originally-designed monsters... Maybe Timmy and Doglion).

Drtooth

Reaction score
A lot of stuff in these comics, I've noticed, are miscolored. One panel in the on the road issue has Sam with an orange beak. The problem is clearly that the colorists are unfamiliar with more obscure characters. That explains the green Thog in Pigs in Space issue 0.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I've been thinking, wouldn't it be cool if one of the comics featured a performance by Beaker, The Swedish Chef, and Animal? I'm not too big on the idea of that team-up being used so much in the virmup videos (Steve Whitmire himself said he thought it was overkill in his MuppetCast interview), but I'm thinking it could be funny in the comics. Heck, it'd be funny to push the joke too far by making a story arc based around it.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm really loving these comics at the end of the issues with Fozzie... they're so avantgarde and really stand apart from the rest of the comic. Indeed, this is Langridge's style of humor, and what could have been had Disney Adventures didn't fold (but then we wouldn't have gotten those comic books in the first place). Last issue it was the A-Z of Comedy, now a rebus style bit about garbage. Not that the rest of the issue wasn't great itself... a whole town of Statler and Waldorf clones (or relatives) that LOVE the even worse than Fozzie comedy stylings of Clint Wacky. And his gag writers that lift jokes from expensive Christmas Crackers (complaining later about someone else's routine, shouting that his Christmas Crackers must be extremely cheap).

ooh! And a nice twist on the Talking Houses too. I said it before, this dude has a solid handle on classic TMS sketches.

Aaron Sparrow

Reaction score
Just to chime in-- I've never found Amy's art to be "wishy-washy". I think she does a fantastic job, particularly in the face of the nigh-impossible deadlines I occasionally give her.

Looking over her linework on the "FAMILY REUNION" arc, I can pretty much say you guys haven't seen nothin' yet!

-A

King Prawn

Reaction score
This has got me really excited for the upcoming The Muppet Show: Family Reunion series :smile::super:

http://www.amazon.com/Muppet-Show-C...r_1_24?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1267649758&sr=1-24

Product Discription:

The Muppet Theatre has been repaired, and it's time to once again start the Muppet Show! The search for a new performer leads to an unexpected guest, prompting a family reunion that fans have been asking for, but never expected! This is the one Muppets fans have been demanding, and will be talking about for months to come!

When i first read about the Family Reunion series I thought we'd have all the Disney Characters coming to watch the show but now i'm starting to believe it might be their real family... Sesame Street and if the Fraggles are there too then... AWSOME!

Aaron Sparrow

Reaction score
This has got me really excited for the upcoming The Muppet Show: Family Reunion series :smile::super:

http://www.amazon.com/Muppet-Show-C...r_1_24?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1267649758&sr=1-24

Product Discription:

The Muppet Theatre has been repaired, and it's time to once again start the Muppet Show! The search for a new performer leads to an unexpected guest, prompting a family reunion that fans have been asking for, but never expected! This is the one Muppets fans have been demanding, and will be talking about for months to come!

When i first read about the Family Reunion series I thought we'd have all the Disney Characters coming to watch the show but now i'm starting to believe it might be their real family... Sesame Street and if the Fraggles are there too then... AWSOME!
I wouldn't get my hopes up for any lincensing crossovers. If I had THAT power we'd be doing MUPPET DIE HARD. :smile:

Still, I think what we have in store for this arc will make everyone pretty happy.

-A

King Prawn

Reaction score
I'm sure i'll be more than happy with the end result :smile: These comics are amazing, I don't post much but i'm always here looking to see if any new covers have been posted.

Keep up the great work guys:smile: