Search results

  1. M

    Is there an overrated/underrated Muppet production?

    Speaking of that, could that be the case for most Henson movies? As far as box office performance goes, The Dark Crystal has the second highest-grossing box office success of any Henson movie, after The Muppet Movie. Since TDC was consdiered a flop, does that mean that all Muppet movies besides...
  2. M

    Your Thoughts: ABCs with Elmo

    Yes there are. The linking plot has Elmo helping Professor Grover teach kids the alphabet at a pre-school, where they look for objects that start each letter of the alphabet (and at one point Grover thinks that a long word is a letter... I think the word is something like "wozacamunga"... I wish...
  3. M

    Classic Clips on SST Workshop's Site

    Quite a few clips concerning Mr. Hooper have been added to sesamestreet.org, including the one where the adults explain his death http://www.sesamestreet.org/video_player/-/pgpv/videoplayer/0/1b8d7e6b-fa89-4831-8eee-c4069a71d229/goodbye_mr_hooper It's interesting, just recently I wondered if...
  4. M

    writing for television

    Sometimes I wonder if for variety shows if the writers have some kidn of udnerstanding not to take too much credit for each individual segment they write. The credits just list all writers without saying who wrote what sketch (I wonder if that would complicate the credits? Especially considering...
  5. M

    Muppet Show Season 4 coming in 2013

    Just about every time I see that this thread has a new post I wonder if it's an announcement for the release (I'm sure others do as well... This post might have gotten people expecting an announcement). Considering this, I think that when an official release date is announced that somebody...
  6. M

    Rumor: Big Bird only in four Season 41 episodes

    Joey Mazzarino may be the current head writer, but I doubt he's the only writer. Couldn't a different writer write some Big Bird scripts instead? It's probably too late for next season, but I think that they should give either Big Bird or Oscar their own recurring segment in season 42.
  7. M

    Your Thoughts: ABCs with Elmo

    I have a feeling that if a counting equivilient is made (and I'll be surprised if one isn't) it'll be mostly generic counting and math segments. I would expect such a release to have the recent "Counting Booth" street story, Joe Hundred Guy, Counting Vacation, Ernie and Bert counting to 100 by...
  8. M

    Your Thoughts: Sesame Street 20 and Still Counting DVD

    It's understandable that this release doesn't include any extras (it's probably enough that Lionsgate cleared the rights for the clips that appear in the special, though some bonus segments from the first 20 years would have been welcome), but a photo gallery would have been nice. Muppet Wiki...
  9. M

    Pre-Order "Sesame Street: 20 and Still Counting" on DVD

    I'm not surprised about the introduction being included. And it is great to know that The Count counting commercial breaks was still there. But I wonder... Does the DVD release have it end with the "Jim Henson Productions" or "Jim Henson Television" logo?
  10. M

    My New Caroll Spinney Fansite!

    That's a cool site. And it's cool that you know Caroll Spinney, or at least are in contact with him. Hmmm, if you are in contact, there are some things I've been wondering, about Bruno. Wonder if you could ask Spinney. But I've been wondering how he was able to see what he was doing while in...
  11. M

    Rumor: Big Bird only in four Season 41 episodes

    Maybe they should allow Caroll Spinney to perform some Anything Muppet characters when Big Bird and Oscar don't appear. Heck they should have done that for season 40, the first in many years where Frank Oz performed a new anything muppet character.
  12. M

    A Guide to Errors in Sesame Street: A Celebration - 40 Years of Life on the Street

    While technically not an error, in the "Comings and Goings" section of the cast chapter, it says "Jamie Sanchez was the first latino cast member", without mentioning the name of his character (Miguel).
  13. M

    The Muppet Mindset

    I've realised, compared to most of my other "Weekly Muppet Wednesday" contributions, this one seems to have a more valid reason for the character being needed than usual.
  14. M

    Is there an overrated/underrated Muppet production?

    While I was talking about Muppet Show-related productions, I can't help but feel like Follow That Bird is underrated. Most of us here seem to like it, but it's rarely brought up in interviews with the cast or performers, and it's rarely acknowledged much in biographies and documentaries relating...
  15. M

    Your Thoughts: ABCs with Elmo

    The title sequence is a little funny. Elmo reads the title, "ABCs with Elmo", and then Grover adds "...and Professor Grover!" And until then, I didn't realise that it makes more sense to call it "ABCs with Professor Grover", since he is the teacher. Sigh, and they changed Professor...
  16. M

    Your Thoughts: ABCs with Elmo

    Well, I'm done watching, and Muppet Wiki now has a full sketch listing thanks to me. I'll give it three out of five stars (or five out of ten stars). With the exception of A's Anatomy, all of the segments are about the whole alphabet (most of which I haven't heard of). It includes two street...
  17. M

    Out of ALL the thing Nickelodeon can make a movie out of, they're making THAT?

    Repairmanmanman is now starting to sound familiar in my brain, though I think if they are going to make a movie based on an All That sketch, it should have been something more well-known, like Earboy or Ishboo (is that the right selling?), or those two old men played by Keenan and Kel (or a Good...
  18. M

    Your Thoughts: ABCs with Elmo

    Well the new DVD Preschool is Cool: ABCs with Elmo has come out today. I am watching it right now, and so far it's a bit mediocre. So far all of the segments shown involve the whole alphabet, instead of individual segments, but a picture from "A's Anatomy" is on the back of the package. Also on...
  19. M

    More Looney Tunes DVDs coming to DVD in April

    While not too exciting for those who have all of the Golden Collections, there will also be a collection called The Essential Bugs Bunny, a two-disc collection featuring cartoons that belong on a Bugs Bunny set. Disc 1 has 12 classic cartoons, and disc 2 has a number of additional shorts and the...
  20. M

    Out of ALL the thing Nickelodeon can make a movie out of, they're making THAT?

    So is that an existing franchise or what....?
Top