Search results

  1. M

    Some observations on Episode 2096

    Just thought I'd point out that the street stories have been uploaded at sesamestreet.org - http://www.sesamestreet.org/video_player/-/pgpv/videoplayer/0/5787c18d-3aa3-4fd9-918e-83a32dac3b5e/snuffy_becomes_real I've noticed quite a few similarities between Phil Donahue's scene here and his...
  2. M

    Classic Clips on SST Workshop's Site

    The episode where the adults see Snuffy for the first time is now at sesamestreet.org, though there's no title or description there yet. I searched "snuffleupagus" and didn't see it in search results. Which means I don't know how to link to it. Right now the only way I know to see it is to click...
  3. M

    Your Thoughts: Sesame Street 20 and Still Counting DVD

    I wonder how many people purchasing this will be confused by the bit of music that starts just after "What a Bird!" ends. In the original broadcast after the montage it fades to black and the title is shown right before the commercial, with the music playing. I sort of wish they'd left that...
  4. M

    Your Thoughts: The Muppet Show Comic Book

    I got my copy of issue #7 yesterday, and it is good. I've read some things about how it ends, but even then I really wasn't expecting what did happen. I was expecting it to end with a scene with the celestial Statler and Waldorf ending their game (and all we get of the game's ending is a view of...
  5. M

    The Darkwing Duck Thread

    Here's a page featuring some character design sketches for Darkwing, Gosylin, and Launchpad. http://tobyshelton.blogspot.com/2010/07/more-model-sheets-from-darkwing-duck.html
  6. M

    Is Rowlf public domain?

    Another thing: The packaging for Dog City probably should have had a copyright credit for Rowlf. The Muppets are probably as assiciated with Henson as Kermit is associated with Sesame Street. I'm sure there are still many fans who don't know that Henson no longer owns the Muppets.
  7. M

    Your Thoughts: Sesame Street 20 and Still Counting DVD

    I just noticed that Zoe appears on the back of the box, even though she wasn't around yet. The back also includes an image of Super Grover, even thoguh Super Grover does not appear at all in this.
  8. M

    Your Thoughts: Sesame Street 20 and Still Counting DVD

    One thing that's interestign about the end: In one of the front rows of characters in that final shot, we see, clockwise, Ruby, Prairie Dawn, Ernie, Kermit, Bert, and Grover. I would think Frank Oz performed both Bert and Grover in that shot, and Jim Henson performed Ernie and Kermit. But...
  9. M

    Your Thoughts: Dog City DVD

    Even though I downloaded it on iTunes, I finally found and bought a copy of the DVD today. I always expected Ace You to have the same voice as Elliot Shag, since they were both performed by Kevin Clash. Was surprised to hear him sound like Clifford.
  10. M

    The Muppet Mindset

    You know, last december I wrote an article about my 2010 Muppet Christmas List, and one of the things I asked for was for Disney to allow scenes with Kermit to be allowed for DVD releases of Henson-owned productions. And it looks like I have gotten my wish: Sesame Street: 20 and Still Counting...
  11. M

    Your Thoughts: Sesame Street 20 and Still Counting DVD

    It's intersting, this special was removed from YouTube, and I've read that the "Goodbye, Mr. Hooper" clip was removed, but it seems other clips that appear in this special are on YouTube. Thankfully none of the clips uploaded by Sesame Workshop have been removed (Rubber Duckie, King of 8, Spring...
  12. M

    Your Thoughts: Sesame Street 20 and Still Counting DVD

    I got the DVD and I'm watching it right now. It's strange that they apparently had to edit out commercial breaks (I would have thought the master tapes wouldn't have them... Then again, if all they had was broadcast copies, maybe that's why the credits were ommitted, to avoid the announcer who...
  13. M

    Classic Clips on SST Workshop's Site

    I've noticed that the "Goodbye, Mr. Hooper" episode seems to be remasted for the site. The picture looks a bit bright... Big Bird and Forgetful Jones' nose look like they are glowing (the "Just Because" clip as shown on the 40th anniversary DVD isn't as bright). While it's great that we...
  14. M

    Sesamestreet.org relaunches for Season 39

    It's "Letter H Day" with Cookie Monster.
  15. M

    Your Thoughts: Sesame Street 20 and Still Counting DVD

    Me, too! My copy is missing the ending. Hardly any of it is on YouTube (just one clip montage and a few bloopers). Anybody know whether this is owned by Sesame Workshop or some other company (the best way tod etermien would be by watching the credits)?
  16. M

    The usage of Link Hogthrob in the 1980's

    I don't quite understand what you mean by that "adult situations" line. And the performer who played Lindbergh was named Gordon Robertson. And I thought Lindbergh was the dumb character. I don't remember seeing Droop in the special. Where was he? But there is one character you left out: A...
  17. M

    Alphabet Chat Thread

    I thought I'd start a thread about the recurring segment Alphabet Chat, hosted by Mr. Chatterly. It seems like only a handful of segments were made; known segments involve the letters O, R, L, B, and H. Like Alistair Cookie, Mr. Chatterly is one of the few Sesame Street Muppets to smoke a pipe...
  18. M

    Happy Birthday Jerry Nelson!

    I've celebrated by watching many of his characters clips on sesamestreet.org. I've tried to watch at least one clip with each of his recurring characters (and I just realised that I haven't watched the one Sam the Robot clip that's on the site yet). But I've watched clips with The Count...
  19. M

    Rumor: Big Bird only in four Season 41 episodes

    If the problem with including a lot of Big Bird is writing for him, then I wonder if Caroll Spinney could get promoted to writer. He's had experience, as he had written his Rascal Rabbit series (though he ran out of ideas after a few episodes) and wrote the story for Big Bird in China (though he...
  20. M

    Snuffy and Joey say the alphabet

    I've been thinking about the segment where Snuffy says the alphabet with Joey http://www.sesamestreet.org/video_player/-/pgpv/videoplayer/0/a61e008e-154a-11dd-8ea8-a3d2ac25b65b/snuffy_and_joey_alphabet Anyway, this segment is a bit interesting, if you compare it to the more well-known...
Top