Search results

  1. M

    *If* Figures for "The Muppets" were made, what would you want?

    I think that there should be a new line of good quality figures, even if it's less than Palisades perfection. I'd say they should be 3 inches, with articulation in the necks, shoulders, and hips. Maybe make them character two-packs, with one major character and one minor character. A good...
  2. M

    Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Silly Storytime DVD with Special Guest Reporter Kermit

    While I prefer the other one (Sleeping Beauty looks hot as a frog, and I find the idea of her turning into a frog funnier than putting the prince to sleep), I honestly do feel like the one we've got is more popular. Actually, I feel like the segments chosen for this release are some of the more...
  3. M

    Your Muppet mistakes

    I used to think that Barkley and Alice were regular puppets as opposed to full-body characters, since they weren't big. And even after learning they were indeed full-body Muppets, I thought they were both played by midgets. I was surprised when I first learned that Barkley's performers had to...
  4. M

    Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Silly Storytime DVD with Special Guest Reporter Kermit

    Danny Horn provided a transcript of it at Tough Pigs long ago... http://toughpigs.com//anthkermit15.htm I feel like the copy used at sesamestreet.org is a much better quality copy. And that version has the original logo (which is superimposed over footage, so the DVD kinda cuts off more...
  5. M

    Miss Piggy less aggressive with Kermit in season 5

    I've seen a few threads/posts over the years where people noticed that Miss Piggy was less mean to Kermit during the last season. It seems like in the movies their relationship isn't as one-sided, and it seems like most of the major Muppet productions from the late-1980s (the 30th anniversary...
  6. M

    Old School DVD set ideas

    Breaking my new years resolution to only post wishlists for confirmed Sesame Street DVDs, here is an idea that I had: "Sesame Street At the Movies!" (or "A Day at the Movies") I would have it be hosted by Murray Monster and Ovejita (why hasn't Murray hosted a video yet?), at a movie theater...
  7. M

    Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Silly Storytime DVD with Special Guest Reporter Kermit

    This is a great release, though two of the Newsflash segments have already been released on DVD (one of them twice). I figured it would include the "Jack and the Beanstalk" segment (it's hinted on the cover). Each street story is followed by a News segment about the subject of the previous...
  8. M

    Warner Home Video now distributing Sesame Workshop DVDs

    Well, it's out in stores now. The newsflash segments included are "Rupunzel" (1980s edit), Sleeping Beauty (Prince falls asleep), Jack and the Beanstalk, and Little Red Riding Hood (with Cookie Monster).
  9. M

    Your Muppet mistakes

    Until I watched the movie with closed captioning turned on I couldn't understand what he was saying there; I was thinking "Jack not (something), Jack JUMP!" It seems like it wasn't a very common misconception among fans, or at least not a widely-reported one. I remember once reading a...
  10. M

    Silly Storytime DVD?

    Well, I got the DVD today. Two out of four new-to-DVD Newsflash segments are included. And they are featured as part of the main program, as opposed to being bonus features as Muppet Wiki reported. All four are from the 1970s, but they all include the late-1980s title card. The segments...
  11. M

    Your Muppet mistakes

    I used to think that Sweetums was a bad guy, mainly due to his scenes in The Muppet Movie and The Great Muppet Caper, where he's seen running, yelling, and suddenly bursting through things. Even though he obviously wasn't bad before he started chasing the car. I also thought that the other...
  12. M

    Whatever happened to the Muppetzine articles?

    I remember seeing the Tough Pigs people talking badly about Muppet Central on the forums years ago, during the era of Palisades Toys and other companies providing insider info here (which Danny seemed to disaprove of). I frequently read the forums there but am not a member (I signed up long ago...
  13. M

    Lighthouse Island from The Jim Henson Hour

    That's interesting information. Where did you find all that info? I guess it must have been the kind of anthology series with the same setting but different characters per show. It's hard to beleive that a Henson-produced production would employ another effects company to make animatronic...
  14. M

    Your dream 2011 Muppet Promotions

    If only the anniversary plush collection had included Murray Monster (and Herry... and Bruno... okay I'll stop now). I'd like to see an official Muppet collectibles guide.
  15. M

    Sesamestreet.org relaunches for Season 39

    This week is "Magical Magic Day" with Abby Cadabby.
  16. M

    The Muppet Mindset

    Impressive. Over the last few weeks we've gotten two fan testimonials from children. Interesting.
  17. M

    Whatever happened to the Muppetzine articles?

    Around the time that Muppet Central got started, there was a section that reprinted articles from Muppetzine. But over the years this section seems to have vanished. What happened to the Muppetzine articles? It seems to me like they were removed around the time Tough Pigs started... Did Danny...
  18. M

    Possible future Lionsgate Henson DVD releases

    I hope the deal hasn't ended already. I don't know how well the releases sold, though I'd suspect Sesame Street: 20 and Still Counting probably sold as well as the average Sesame Street release. Is there any way of knowing DVD sales? Some of the releases have been hard to find. I've only...
  19. M

    Muppet Mindset Interview with Kevin Clash

    Good interview. The only things I would have added would be discussion on Leon (such as why he was dropped after The Jim Henson Hour) and Baby Sinclair. I had never really noticed Clifford's personality change on Muppets Tonight (when it began my main exposure to the character was The Secrets of...
  20. M

    The Muppet Mindset

    You forgot to list Charles Grodin in the debunked cameos list.
Top