Search results

  1. M

    What if the New Muppet Movie's Villain had a Muppet Sidekick?

    I wonder if Clifford's presence in the movie would reference his hosting job on Muppets Tonight. Somehow that would seem appropriate, and almost similar to Michael Jordan's cameo in Looney Tunes: Back in Action (the director wanted that movie to be "the anti-Space Jam").
  2. M

    Showing the humans before introducing them

    I wonder if Jason Segal and Nick Stoller have picked up on this. I expect Gary and Mary to be introduced at the start of The Muppets, but Chris Cooper's character very well could get a brief cameo before getting a proper introduction. And for some reason I can't quite remember if it's...
  3. M

    Hasbro's Sesame line to be unveiled at Toy Fare

    I'm thinking they should start with everybody who was a major character this past season: Big Bird, Elmo, Abby, Zoe, Rosita, Telly, Baby Bear, Ernie, Bert, Murray, Cookie Monster, Grover (perhaps in his Super Grover 2.0 form), Mr. Johnson, Two-Headed Monster, Mr. Snuffleupagus, The Count, and...
  4. M

    Showing the humans before introducing them

    I've noticed something about the first three Muppet movies and Follow That Bird: For the most part when the main humans first appear on-screen, it's briefly, and we aren't really introduced to them until their next scene. Think about it: In TMM, we first see Max giving orders as Kermit rides...
  5. M

    Hasbro's Sesame line to be unveiled at Toy Fare

    Sounds interesting. Not sure if I'll buy them, but it's good to know we'll probably get the whole current Muppet cast at least. It'd be great if Herry Monster were included as well. I wonder if they'll all be sold at the same time or if some will be added over time.
  6. M

    Past the Radar Muppet Moments

    I'm not a casual fan, but I've never noticed that before. Anyway, when it comes to scenes that might have flown past the radar, in the Carol Burnett episode there's a scene where Miss Piggy suggests inviting Kermit to her dressing room during the next rest period, and Kermit just ordered...
  7. M

    Your Thoughts: "Pioneers of Television" with Jim Henson

    Well I had to miss it. So what clips were included (or what productions were represented? I suppose Sam and Friends and Sesame Street, but what else?). I didn't know Bob Clampett was included. Did it only focus on Beany and Cecil, or were there clips from his Warner Bros. shorts?
  8. M

    Your Thoughts: The Muppet Show Comic Book

    Fans have been desiring a third sub series of Muppet comics, and I just now remember something that I saw one fan wish for on the forums back when MC was a delphi forum. I remember somebody desiring a series of comic books that focused on backstories and things mentioned but not seen much in...
  9. M

    What if the New Muppet Movie's Villain had a Muppet Sidekick?

    I always saw the comics as taking place in the present day, after Muppets Tonight. Pepe made a brief cameo in the second issue, after all. I didn't think it was weird that the Muppets didn't seem to know Andy and Randy... After all, with the exceptions of Piggy and Sam, hardly any of the classic...
  10. M

    Why isn't Kevin Clash given other roles?

    Has there been any news of a DVD release of "When Muppets Dream of Peace"? I read a review of it at Tough pigs today, and I'm glad to know that it has some clips of Richard Hunt as Elmo (presumably his Elmo is is heard more clearly than it was in Follow That Bird... and hopefully they didn't...
  11. M

    Your Muppet mistakes

    For some reason before I got the soundtrack album I thought it was called "The Rainbow Punishment". A few more misconceptions that I had... I used to think that Jim Henson was the creator and person in charge of Sesame Street, including ALL of the non-Muppet inserts. Ironically, I think...
  12. M

    The Darkwing Duck Thread

    I've seen this forum post that listed the production order for the Darkwing Duck episodes: http://www.toonzone.net/forums/showpost.php?p=3698380&postcount=6 According to that, "Water Way to Go" is the first episode production-wise. And in my opinion that's an odd choice for a first produced...
  13. M

    Sesamestreet.org relaunches for Season 39

    It's "Letter V Day" with Elmo.
  14. M

    The Darkwing Duck Thread

    The trade paperback includes an essay by Tad Stone, who said that Darkwing had at least four origin stories told on the show. The ones I know of are: Paraducks - Darkwing and Gosylyn travel back in time, and Darkwing gets his past self (when he was a child) to become Darkwing Duck. Clash...
  15. M

    What if the New Muppet Movie's Villain had a Muppet Sidekick?

    While we're wondering what kind of role Pepe might play in the movie, I'd like to point out that it was confirmed that Clifford will appear in the movie somehow. Mentioned in this article http://themuppetmindset.blogspot.com/2011/02/chat-with-muppet-fan-chase-beechera.html
  16. M

    The Muppet Mindset

    Very great article. Good to know that Clifford will make an appearance in the new movie (would he have been aware of Clifford's appearance if he didn't perform Clifford in the film...?). Too bad it wasn't mentioned whether this film has clips from other productions besides Sesame Street.
  17. M

    Muppet Babies - 20+ years later

    I was born the year Muppet Babies began and grew up with the show, but I feel I always preferred the adult Muppets. And until 1992 my exposure to the "real" Muppets was the movies, TMS compilation videos, play-along videos, and A Muppet Family Christmas (I did see The Muppets at Walt Disney...
  18. M

    The Muppet Mindset

    Good interview. I was shocked to learn what Frank Oz said regarding a letter he'd sent him. Also interesting to see that Richard Hunt envied Brian Meehl for leaving. Didn't see that coming... I wonder what kind of seperate career he would have wanted, and what he meant by Meehl being "brave"...
  19. M

    Your dream 2011 Muppet Promotions

    Back in 1999 Pepsi (or was it coke?) had a Star Wars Episode I promotion, with Star Wars characters on the cans along with some info. I think soda companies have also done similar things with other big releases. But I'd like to see Muppet soft drink cans. Cans including images of Kermit, Miss...
  20. M

    What if the New Muppet Movie's Villain had a Muppet Sidekick?

    I just started thinking... With Uncle Deadley being the villians sidekick, I wonder if there'll be a lot of mainstream Uncle Deadley merchandise.
Top