Search results

  1. M

    The Muppets and YouTube.com

    Jim Henson's "Wizard of Id" pilot. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDeAuq44XKQ
  2. M

    Your dream 2011 Muppet Promotions

    For Sesame Street's 40th anniversary, there was a book called "Sesame Street Treasures", which included many Sesame Street books published throughout the show's 40-year history. Wouldn't it be cool if Disney released a similar book for the Muppets, reprinting various Muppet storybooks released...
  3. M

    Warner Home Video now distributing Sesame Workshop DVDs

    Part of me wonders if they just want to keep all DVD menus in print. Though I don't know how important menu screens are. But regardless it does keep all bonus features in print (though with the exception of bonus clips Sesame DVDs rarely have any good bonus features).
  4. M

    The Muppet Mindset

    I've been thinking lately... How would you feel about me posting a review of the Jim Henson's Red Book website? I don't think it's been reviewed at the mindset, but feel it is worthy of a review. Pretty much every time there is an entry with historical information provided I learn something that...
  5. M

    Warner Home Video now distributing Sesame Workshop DVDs

    I didn't know about this until I was at Best Buy today, but there was a new release today called "Sesame Street Essentials", including "Ready for School", "Elmo Visits the Doctor", and "Bedtime with Elmo". I haven't seen any of those but didn't pick it up (with the exception of maybe "Bedtime...
  6. M

    Jim Henson's Red Book

    Today the redbook includes info on the Wizard of Id pilot: http://www.henson.com/jimsredbook/2011/03/22/3221969/ The pilot was also uploaded on youtube (it says it's a "sample", but looks like the whole thing to me, unless it has credits and a title sequence).
  7. M

    Did Wontkins have legs or arms?

    Looking at the design of Wontkins, I must wonder, did he have arms or legs? He appears to be sitting on the wall alot, which would imply legs... But then there's no visable arms. Arms would make sense, yet I don't think he's ever held anything with them (and they don't move via rods).
  8. M

    Sesamestreet.org relaunches for Season 39

    Yesterday was "Letter S Day" with Big Bird. Today is "Dancing Day" with Cookie Monster.
  9. M

    Best Sesame Street Albums

    It seems that and "What's the Name of That Song?", both released around the same time to celebrate the 35th anniversary, were full of new-to-CD/DVD appearances by celebrities, but for the most part had previously-released non-celebrity appearances. Though Songs From The Street had a bigger...
  10. M

    Sesamestreet.org relaunches for Season 39

    It's "Cool Machines Day" with Telly Monster.
  11. M

    Times a black background was used but not to hide performers

    Usually, if a scene includes a plain black background, the main purpose for the black background is to hide performers dressed in black so that the characters can do something that would be hard to do without hiding the performers. But there have been times when a black background was used but...
  12. M

    Minor Muppetz' TMS outline: Danny Devito & Oscar

    I'm sorry, but though I have scripted other parts, I don't know if I'm up to it. The sketch with Piggy and Telly seems a bit complicated to script, and the others seem a bit redundant to script.
  13. M

    Best Sesame Street Albums

    Some of my favorites: Jim Henson: A Sesame Street Celebration A tribute album to Jim Henson, featuring many tracks with either Ernie or Kermit, but every track includes a Jim Henson character. Considering it's a tribute to Henson, my biggest surprise is that it doesn't contain Do De Rubber...
  14. M

    Top Ten Favorite Pokemon

    While I'm not a hardcore fan of Pokemon, I have played some of the early games, watched the original series quite a bit, and saw the first two and a half movies (I didn't watch all of Pokemon 3). My younger brother is a bigger fan of Pokemon than I am (I'm sure he's as knowledgable about Pokemon...
  15. M

    Warner Home Video now distributing Sesame Workshop DVDs

    According to Muppet Wiki "Wild Words and Outdoor Fun" will have four street stories: Big Bird being convinced to move to a rainforest, the four bears considering hibernation, Wild Nature Survivor Guy, and the Camoflauge (hope spelling's right there)Kelly episode. YouTube has a trailer for...
  16. M

    St. Patrick's Day on Sesame Street

    Yeah, I did think about that (and Henson #5 and Pinball #5) after I decided not to make it a compilation.
  17. M

    Minor Muppets you'd like to see in the new movie?

    He was also at the wedding in MTM.
  18. M

    St. Patrick's Day on Sesame Street

    When I started thinking about this, I thought about making it like a video compilation. I'd thought about including the original "Bein' Green" after Oscar's frusteration over not finding anybody not wearing green (with Oscar saying "It's not easy finding people not wearing green" before the...
  19. M

    Sesamestreet.org relaunches for Season 39

    I think there was something like that last year, with the green Elmo from "Being Green". But this thread seems to have kept up with every new day when it becomes that day (though most days last a week; these past two weeks have had a new day each day). Too bad they probably won't ever arrange...
  20. M

    St. Patrick's Day on Sesame Street

    Enjoy this outline for a Sesame Street special. I thought this up today, which is the main reason it's written in outline form. Street Scene The camera pans through Sesame Street, from the laundromat to Oscar's trash can, as various characters are shown wearing green and decorating the...
Top