Search results

  1. M

    SST News: Red Riding Hood vs. MT: Red Riding Cookie

    Which of the two "Cookie Monster as Little Red Riding Hood" segments do you like better: The Sesame Street News segment or the Monsterpiece Theater segment? Here's the Sesame Street News segment...
  2. M

    The Muppet Mindset

    That Super Grover video isn't exactly new. I thought it was up at youtube long ago, but I'm sure it's been at sesamestreet.org.
  3. M

    Did Wontkins have legs or arms?

    Can't tell if you're jokin gor not, but Wontkins was half the duo of Wilkins and Wontkins, stars of Jim Henson's commercials for Wilkin's Coffe, Kraml Milk, and other commercials in the 1950s and early 1960s. He's the one who generally disliked the product being advertised.
  4. M

    The Muppet Mindset

    Considering you were able to get Joe Mathiew to give an answer regardign Oscar's trash can lid hat (and judging by the image provided it doesn't exactly look like the one on his trash can... And I think that lid was in the shot), I'd have liked to see a question mark segment on why Herry Monster...
  5. M

    SST Blue Print

    Very cool. Though it's odd that the Fix-it Shop was listed in the blueprint, despite it being from 1970. The Fix-It Shop wasn't in that location until season 3, and at first it was a library (and I think a pet shop before that).
  6. M

    Sesamestreet.org relaunches for Season 39

    It's "Where Animals Live Day" with Elmo.
  7. M

    Warner Home Video now distributing Sesame Workshop DVDs

    Well, Muppet Wiki says that Elmo's World: The People in Your Neighborhood will have the helping, doctors, and firefighters episodes. As far as I can tell from the guides Maria and Bob weren't in those, though there's still no word on any bonus segments. Still, I find it odd that the online...
  8. M

    The Muppet Mindset

    Are the vinylmation figures blind boxed or do people know what figures they're getting when they purchase them? If they come in blind boxes then they should include an obscure character.
  9. M

    Is It Normal For A Diz Film To Have No Hype?

    Really? I had no idea of this. Though I do remember a number of 1995 video releases containing trailers and/or announcements in those mini-video catelogue things that came with VHS releases (is there a right term for them) for the VHS releases of The Aristocats and Aladdin and the King of...
  10. M

    Jim Henson's Red Book

    Tough Pigs posted a great article on the website: http://www.toughpigs.com/wizard-of-id-red-book/
  11. M

    The Wizard of Id on YouTube

    I for one am surprised that Disney didn't get the rights to that (unless perhaps it's public domain). I'd read that Disney got the rigths to Tale of the Tinkerdee, so it would make sense for Disney to get Land of Tinkerdee. The only Muppets in that special are Rufus and King Goshposh, who were...
  12. M

    Lance Cardinal's handmade Muppet Theatre Playset

    That was very cool. You should have worked for Palisades when it was in buisness. Though I do feel there is something missing quality-wise (and not just Statler and Waldorf's box), it is perfect.
  13. M

    Warner Home Video now distributing Sesame Workshop DVDs

    I've checked and there are only three Elmo's World segments left that haven't been released on DVD (helping, building things, and transportation). Could this be the content of the release? Of course with a title like that I'd expect it to have the doctors and firefighters episodes. Did Bob...
  14. M

    The Wizard of Id on YouTube

    They have already put up a clip from that pilot: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GK7NvL_2l3A I'm not too familiar with the individual Wizard of Id strips, so does anybody know whether the various gags in this are based on speciffic strips? It wouldn't surprise me, since various individual...
  15. M

    Muppet/Henson Elimination Polls

    2: Connie Stevens 3: Joel Grey 4: Ruth Buzzi 5: Rita Moreno 6: Jim Nabors 7: Florence Henderson 8: Paul Williams 9: Charles Aznavour 10: Harvey Korman 11: Lena Horne 12: Peter Ustinov 13: Bruce Forsyth 14: Sandy Duncan 16: Avery Schreiber 18: Phyllis Diller 19: Vincent Price 20...
  16. M

    Cookie Disco Song vs. Me Lost Me Cookie at the Disco

    What I meant was, I think it's the only disco song not on either of the disco albums (Sesame Street Fever, Sesame Disco) that did make it on Sesame Street albums (I know it was also in Tenth Anniversary Album, Cookie Monster and Grover: True Blue, and The Best of Cookie Monster).
  17. M

    Cookie Disco Song vs. Me Lost Me Cookie at the Disco

    Really? I would have thought those two are good examples of why disco should have stayed (though I feel Cookie Disco sounds more like a typical rock song). If anything country music should have died. :halo: Slightly off-topic, but I wonder if Me Lost Me Cookie at the Disco (and Disco Frog)...
  18. M

    Cookie Disco Song vs. Me Lost Me Cookie at the Disco

    I was actually thinking about doing this as my next "vs." thread. Good job! I like Me Lost Me Cookie at the Disco better. It feels more like a disco song, with a disco setting. I wonder if I would have known "Cookie Disco" was a disco song if it werne't for the title. Though it seems that...
  19. M

    The Wizard of Id on YouTube

    I must say, I had previously read that the puppets in The Wizard of Id didn't have a Muppety look (though The Spook puppet does look like he could fit in with the Muppets), so I didn't know what to expect. And just recently I was trying to imagine how the puppets might have looked. They sort of...
  20. M

    The Wizard of Id on YouTube

    Jim Henson's unsold "Wizard of Id" pilot is now available on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDeAuq44XKQ I'll post my thoughts on it later.
Top