Search results

  1. M

    When multiple writers write the same script...

    Now I'm wondering... In cases where the writing is a group effort... I'm thinking like how the characters on The Dick Van Dyke Show were portrayed, if they are all writing together, and while writing a movie or episode, if one writer suggests a line or gag or scene but somebody else writes it...
  2. M

    Kermit talks about Sesame Street's 20th anniversary

    I think Kermit meant that the clip was going to be in the special, not that the kid was going to make an appearance. The clip was in the special, after all.
  3. M

    The Darkwing Duck Thread

    Looking a bit more at that Disney Afternoon Vinyl series, it seems each DA series is represented with two characters per series. I guess the inclusion of Launchpad is because of DuckTales more than Darkwing Duck (though judging by how stylized they are I don't think that Launchpad looks...
  4. M

    Muppet Vinylmation Series 2

    When I first saw that, I thought it was a naked Tinkerbelle. :concern:
  5. M

    The Darkwing Duck Thread

    Recent news of the Muppet Vinymation Series 2 got me searching for information on other Vinylmation series, and I learned that a Vinylmation series on The Disney Afternoon was just released last month, which includes Darkwign Duck, Launchpad, and Gosylin...
  6. M

    Muppet Vinylmation Series 2

    Now I wonder if they should release a series 3 in time for the movie, and have the majority of figures be characters created for Muppet movies (Walter, Bill, Gil, Jill, Polly Lobster, Mad Monty, Clueless Morgan). Or maybe a "Muppet Christmas Carol" series, possibly with 9' figures based on the...
  7. M

    The Muppet Mindset

    It looks like today's Muppet Mindset article was accidently announced in the YouTube thread. But here's what was posted there:
  8. M

    The Muppets and YouTube.com

    Do you realise this is the "Muppets and YouTube" thread and not the "Muppet Mindset" thread?
  9. M

    Little things we've noticed

    While watching some Geri and the Atrics clips recently, I've noticed that the guitar player played guitar with her left hand, yet she was performed by the left-handed Louise Gold. This gets me wondering if Louise Gold just did the voice while somebody else did the puppetry. Of course there are...
  10. M

    Behind-the-scenes secrets Jim Henson did keep

    There's a number of behind-the-scenes info out there that explains how Frank Oz did Miss Piggy's underwater ballet in The Great Muppet Caper. Jim Henson's Red Book once did an article on it. The Muppet Wiki page for The Great Muppet Caper gives a bit of info as well. It seems the people at...
  11. M

    Behind-the-scenes secrets Jim Henson did keep

    It's often been noted that when it comes to behind-the-scenes information, Jim Henson didn't keep many secrets, and was usually willing to explain how things were done. But on occasion there have been instances where he remarked that the viewers would have to figure them out for themselves...
  12. M

    Jim Henson's Red Book

    Yesterday there was a post noting a taping date for "Mad Mad World" pilot. Anybody know what this is? There's no historical information provided, and Muppet Wiki doesn't have a page for it. I wonder if maybe it was a series based on It's a Mad Mad Mad Mad World (though it was noted that The...
  13. M

    Your Muppet mistakes

    I don't know if they should be counted as mistakes as much as messed-up memories, but there's a few episodes of The Muppet Show that I only saw on Nickelodeon once, and not again until they were released on DVD, and had things that I remembered differently. For example, the John Denver...
  14. M

    Season 4: a lack of change

    Something just occurred to me recently: It seems like season four of The Muppet Show didn't really have very many changes. It's pretty much the only season with no new regular Muppet performers (depending on whether you'd count Karen Prell, Brian Meehl and Betsy Baytos as regular in season...
  15. M

    The Muppets and YouTube.com

    Pretty much all of The Muppet Revue has been put up on YouTube. Mostly one sketch each, but with the proper intros from the video, and with foreign subtitles. Unfortunately, most of what's been released on albums have been removed. Here is the first part that can be found on YouTube (since...
  16. M

    What went wrong with Muppets from Space?

    Ironically, the VHS cover included a review quote that said "The magic is back!"
  17. M

    Muppet Vinylmation Series 2

    I wonder if anybody will be cutting the clear plastic off the Waldo and have it fit in with the Palisades figures (though it's face is painted and would be flattened, but that wouldn't be too odd for Waldo).
  18. M

    The Electric Mayhem Meets Dr. Teeth's Brother

    Chapter 5 Chris and Paul were starting up their gadget to attack Rockin' Teeth. "Say your prayers!", said Chris, mananically. "Okay", said Rockin' Teeth, who got on his knees, put his hands together and started praying: "Good bless the Electric Mayhem band..." Animal interrupted by...
  19. M

    Little things we've noticed

    One exception would be the recent song "I Wonder", where we can see (through the magic of computer animation) a sillohutte of the buildings outside the window.
  20. M

    Warner Home Video now distributing Sesame Workshop DVDs

    Well I checked out Counting with Elmo from the library, and although it's not mentioned on the packaging, it does contain a bonus clip: Herry and John-John counting to 20. That inclusion isn't too special, as it had also been released on the 40th anniversary DVD (and both releases cut Herry's...
Top