Search results

  1. M

    The Muppet Mindset

    I don't know if "frogfan" is just a fan or somebody who works for Disney or what, but it's so cool he got access to the upcoming toys. No offense to Frogfan, but this would have been a cool way for Disney to have used Walter.
  2. M

    Henson-related video games

    With the new 3DS out, it would be cool to see some Muppet games in 3D. Maybe even a "Muppet Vision 3D" video game (or would a video game based on a theme park attraction be too "out there"?). And just recently, I thought it'd be cool for there to be some kind of Muppet video game level...
  3. M

    Muppet Vinylmation Series 2

    I don't think Robin is too obscure. He was present in most of the movies, starred in many storybooks, was used a lot on the show and in specials. He may not be the best-known character, but I think he's as well-known to casual fans as characters like Sam the Eagle and Bean Bunny. Also, the...
  4. M

    What went wrong with Muppets from Space?

    I've mentioned it before, but I still wonder why Brian Henson or anybody else with Muppet directing experience didn't direct this one. The two movies directed by Brian did well (I know one of them is the second highest-grossing Muppet movie, can't remember which one). Too bad Frank Oz was busy...
  5. M

    April Fools: Season 42 News Announced

    Now I wish Henson would build a Tommy Wiseau puppet just to do a joke with that line (have Tommy get literally torn apart).
  6. M

    What went wrong with Muppets from Space?

    Well, considering TMM is a lot older and did a lot better at the box office... (no, stop throwing your tomatos at me!....)
  7. M

    April Fools: Out to Lunch on YouTube

    I thought it was obvious this was an april fools joke, due to the "Happy April Fools Day" line at the very bottom and the fact that the links go to different videos (and in my second post here I said what the links were, in case any get taken down).
  8. M

    The Star Wars Holiday Special comming to DVD

    Yeah, I was expecting the prequels to take place closer to the start of the first one, since the original trilogy takes place close to each other (though I recall reading something that actually stated otherwise, can't remember what). I was expecting Anakin to become Darth Vader in episode I...
  9. M

    Why wasn't there a longer video deal in the 1980s?

    Now that I think about it, does anybody know if the Muppet Home Video releases were out of print by the time Playhouse started releasing compilations? Man, thinking about these 1980s video labels/deals makes me wish for Jim Henson's Red Book to have some sort of entry on them soon. There's...
  10. M

    The Star Wars Holiday Special comming to DVD

    While reading this thread, I've started coming to the conclusion that Episode II sort of sits there between episodes I and III. Episode I is rather infamous, being the most disliked of the prequels by many (and I'm sure many would say it's the worst of the series), while Episode III is the best...
  11. M

    Why wasn't there a longer video deal in the 1980s?

    I don't know how it would have complicated matters (though I think CBS/Fox already released the first two movies by the time the Playhouse Videos were released). I am a little surprised, though; I would have thought Henson bought the distribution rights by then. Maybe that's why the Muppet Video...
  12. M

    What went wrong with Muppets from Space?

    Concerning the use of three Frank Oz characters in the main group, is it more bothersome because of the small number of characters who go to save Gonzo? Would it have been that big a deal if more Muppets went out on the Gonzo rescue (say the whole Electric Mayhem, Clifford, Scooter, Rowlf, maybe...
  13. M

    Characters/Sketches Based on Contemporary Celebrities/Pop Culture

    I've started thinking this statement sounds ironic. About a year ago it began to occur to me that the show didn't really start to have speciffic parodies until the 1980s. During the 1970s, a few of Guy Smiley's game shows were parodies of speciffic game shows (mainly "What's My Line?" parodies)...
  14. M

    April Fools: Old School Vol. 3 DVD, CD and more coming!

    Maybe you should have also "announced" Hasbro doing a sub line of Sesame Street figures called "Sesame Street Old School". Hasbro is going to release almost all the current main characters soon (only Rosita and Baby Bear will be absent). An old school collection would be cool as well... The PVCs...
  15. M

    The Star Wars Holiday Special comming to DVD

    I'd like to see the special. I know it's (probably) on YouTube, but the only footage I've seen is what's in The Nostalgia Critic's review. I'm a fan of the franchise, but not too hardcore. I haven't seen the Droids or Ewoks cartoon series, I've hardly seen any of the more recent animated series...
  16. M

    Why wasn't there a longer video deal in the 1980s?

    Recently, I've noticed that, in the US, before Jim Henson's death in 1990 pretty much all video deals were short-lived and seemed to focus on a single type of video. In other countries, companies such as Virgin Video and Palace released more productions on video (including some specials that...
  17. M

    April Fools: Out to Lunch on YouTube

    Here's a listing of what video links I really posted, in case any of those get removed (or in case the links won't work for certain people). The first link posted was to Rick Astley's "Never Gonna Give You Up" (that's right, I rickrolled some of you). The second link was a clip of the flower...
  18. M

    April Fools: Out to Lunch on YouTube

    Somebody has finally found the rare Sesame Street/Electric Company crossover special "Out to Lunch" and has posted it all on YouTube! This user also claims to have a copy of the rare "Sesame Street at Night" special and the second test pilot and intends on uploading those two very soon as well...
  19. M

    April Fools: Season 42 News Announced

    I didn't realise Muppet Wiki actually had a page with information on the next season. Though it is a bit small. Just now realising that I should have made the claim that Forgetful Jones and Placido Flamingo would return, performed by David Rudman. It wasn't until yesterday that I...
  20. M

    The Star Wars Holiday Special comming to DVD

    I heard the news a month ago. I've heard he's actually releasing all six in 3D, one per year, starting with episode I (I wonder if those new to the franchise who see episode I first will stay away from the others because of how that one is).
Top