Search results

  1. M

    2011 Muppet Movie plot officially announced

    There's a few things I've noticed that I'm wondering (and I'm okay with spoilers, for those of you h=who have seen a draft of the script). Many articles mention that the movie shows what Kermit, Piggy, Fozzie, Gonzo, and Animal have been up to, and they are the only ones on the poster. I hope we...
  2. M

    Muppet Movies Actual Box Office!

    Are you talking about in today's ticket prices? Because I was looking at the profits you mentioned and The Muppet Movie is the only one that made more than 50 million dollars at the box office.
  3. M

    Dreams about Muppets

    Last night I dreamt that I saw the new movie (though felt afterwards that I missed the ending). While the recent Time article confirms that Elmo won't make a cameo, in my dream the movie included cameos by Ernie and Bert (with Bunsen and Beaker), Cookie Monster, and a scene at Hooper's Store...
  4. M

    TV shows with long gaps between season sets

    I think there was a wait of a few years between seasons 1 and 2 of Growing Pains.
  5. M

    Your Muppet mistakes

    I used to think Oscar's trash can had no bottom (or had a hole in the bottom) and that Caroll Spinney performed Oscar from underneath the trash can. I was surprised when I saw the A&E special and saw that the hole is actually in the back of the trash can (I figured that was how it's done when...
  6. M

    Little things we've noticed

    I've noticed something about this clip: http://www.sesamestreet.org/video_player/-/pgpv/videoplayer/0/cc358c60-a2fa-4d58-bbb4-7283261c2194/everybody_knocks Oscar sets up many trash cans on Sesame Street so nobody would know which one he's in, and not only that, but he's put piles of trash by...
  7. M

    Any chance of a Sesame Street cameo in the new Muppet movie?

    There was an article about the new movie that confirms Elmo won't make a cameo http://www.time.com/time/arts/article/0,8599,2076566,00.html?xid=fblike What I notice is that they said Elmo is too expensive and won't be in the movie, but they don't say the same regarding other Sesame Street...
  8. M

    Warner Home Video now distributing Sesame Workshop DVDs

    Well, I read at Muppet Wiki that the DVD includes the Ben Stiller version. I wonder why Bob McGrath and Sonia Manzano were listed at the WB studio store.
  9. M

    Muppet Show Season 4 coming in 2013

    I don't think there was ever an official announcement for the set coming out in 2011. There was an official announcement for the 2010 release, and this thread originally had 2010 in the title, changed to 2011 just because it didn't come out last year.
  10. M

    If "The Muppets" is a success: What's next?

    I wonder if they could do a movie like the made-for-video Tiny Toon Adventures movie How I Spent My Vacation, which had several different plotlines focusing on different characters. There'd have to be some connecting reason for the Muppets to be seperate and have their own subplots. Could a...
  11. M

    Threadless Muppet T-Shirt Design Challenge

    I saw one t-shirt design which is a parody of Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band. I think that one is my favorite (and not just because it's the only oen I've seen where Lips is included). But there is one character right next to Sam the Eagle who I can't quite tell who it is... I think it...
  12. M

    Threadless Muppet T-Shirt Design Challenge

    I'd like to enter, but not sure if I will (or if I have to resources to do so). But if I did one, I'd like to include as many Disney-owned Muppet characters as possible (I saw that one entry includes Big Bird and Elmo, but unless this is really an unauthorised contest I don't see that one being...
  13. M

    Warner Home Video now distributing Sesame Workshop DVDs

    Well, the Elmo's World "People in Your Neighborhood" DVD was released. Did anybody get it and see if it indeed has any bonus "People in Your Neighborhood" segments? IF the upcoming "Learning Letters with Elmo" has ANY bonus clips, I'd like it to have The Letter of the Day Pageant if it can only...
  14. M

    Muppet Show Season 4 coming in 2013

    Sigh, I wanted to stop posting in this thread until an official release date was announced, but I'd like to point out that the 40th anniversary DVD does include a small still from the C3PO and R2D2 appearance. I don't know if extra permission was needed to put that on the cover, but I doubt...
  15. M

    Follow That Bird - Quotes

    That's one of my favorite scenes. I like the way Sam says "Shut up, Sid, shut up!" Always thought it was funny (and figured if it could be said in a Sesame Street production then it was okay to say... I used to think "Shut up" was a cuss word). Speaking of that, I remember when I first saw the...
  16. M

    TV shows with long gaps between season sets

    I thought I was being speciffic.
  17. M

    TV shows with long gaps between season sets

    I wasn't talking about shows that had seperate season sets released within a year of each other, or during the same year, and I especially wasn't talking about shows that started but haven't completed their seasons on DVD.
  18. M

    Will there be a big Muppet gathering this year?

    You know, recently I was wondering if Henson would even do a fan convention without the Muppets. Maybe call it Hensonfest and focus on what Henson owns. Of course I'd rather go to a convention that includes the Muppets. I wonder if a Sesame Street Fest would be realistic.
  19. M

    TV shows with long gaps between season sets

    Considering the current long wait between The Muppet Show's third and fourth season DVD releases (when we still don't know when season 4 will come out), I thought it'd be fun to start a thread about TV shows that had season sets on DVD, then the releases stopped for many years before the next...
Top