Search results

  1. M

    Remembering Richard Hunt

    Speaking of Richard Hunt characters, sesamestreet.org recently added two clips with his blind monster Aristotle, as well as several clips of his portrayal of Captain Vegetable. And I think I prefer Hunt's portrayal of the character. Seems Hunt gave him a bit more personality than Henson did (of...
  2. M

    What IS the point of Junior Novelizations?

    I don't see a problem with junior novelizations, though I figure the only point of them is to have another merchandise tie-in. But if parents want their kids to read more, then a junior novelization of a popular movie would be a good start. In addition to the upcomming Muppets, Muppets From...
  3. M

    Warner Home Video now distributing Sesame Workshop DVDs

    Well, after reading Muppet Wiki I recently learned of a few other upcoming releases (though they aren't really "new releases"). In July there'll be Sesame Street TV Favorites, which I've seen in stores at Wal-Mart and are single-disc releases of full-hour episodes (the DVDs are titled "Big...
  4. M

    What new merchandise do you think could or would be released?

    There was a thread about our dream merchandise tie-ins in the Headlines folder. I think it was a sticky thread, but it appears to no longer be sticky. That said, I (and I'm sure all of us) want The Muppet Show: Season Four. Something I recently thought would be cool would be some kind...
  5. M

    Warner Home Video now distributing Sesame Workshop DVDs

    The next DVD after The Best of Sesame Street Spoofs will be Learning Letters with Elmo, which will include at least two street stories. Hmm, I've noticed that when DVDs contain only two street stories (and we don't exactly know yet whether it'll be just two) they usually have linking footage...
  6. M

    TMNT Season 9 coming to DVD

    One of the Triceritons was featured on the cover of TMNT III: The Manhattan Project, even though they don't appear in the game.
  7. M

    "The Muppets: Fuzzy Pack" Teaser Trailer On-line

    I wonder if there'll be any more teaser trailers. I'd like to see a horror-style teaser, featuring Uncle Deadly and other monsters.
  8. M

    Sesame Street Spoofs coming to DVD July 5

    Well, Muppet Wiki added a new cover image, which is slightly different: The release is no longer referred to as Vols. 1 and 2 (thank goodness!). Can anybody identify what segment the still image below the Alistar Cookie images comes from? I keep trying to figure it out, and I've watched...
  9. M

    Warner Home Video now distributing Sesame Workshop DVDs

    Well, Muppet Wiki has posted a slightly different cover for "Best of Sesame Street Spoofs" (and apparently took out the old one). It no longer has that banner at the bottom listing some of the included segments (though it still has that jagged outline mentioning the "Smells Like a Monster" viral...
  10. M

    New Muppet books to tie in with the movie on the way!

    I didn't realise before that the number of pages per book are listed. I had been wondering how The Muppets: Reader 1 and The Muppets: Reader 2 will be different, thinking Reader 2 will be longer and feature more characters. But it looks like both books will be 32 pages. I thought maybe...
  11. M

    New Muppet books to tie in with the movie on the way!

    I am mixed on how excited I am. Most of these sound awesome, but at the same time I don't know how much of a need I have for them (I'll probably get the movie adaptation to see how it ends before the movie comes out). Those first two Muppet books I might get depending on how comprhensive...
  12. M

    TMNT Season 9 coming to DVD

    I recently read at wikipedia (which of course could be wrong) that there was speculation that some of the master tapes were in poor condition or lost, suggesting that was the explanation for the delay of season 9 as well as the lack of Once Upon a Time Machine and Planet of the Turtleoids. But...
  13. M

    Aristotle finally in action at sesamestreet.org!

    In the clip where Aristotle helps make lunch, he mentioned having a food collection, before deciding to start a baloney sandwich collection. I wonder if having weird collections was a regular thing for the character (I wonder what he'd think of Bert's paperclip and bottlecap collections). I...
  14. M

    "The Muppets: Fuzzy Pack" Teaser Trailer On-line

    I know it's a teaser trailer so the beginning footage is meant to fool us, but it's interesting how the closed studio didn't have any Muppet references I could notice. As a teaser, I think this one is a bit more obvious as to what it's advertising, due to some of the magazine names ("Being...
Top