Search results

  1. M

    Warner Home Video now distributing Sesame Workshop DVDs

    You know, I wouldn't be surprised if it included the recent hit "I Like My Hair" (maybe before or after "What I Am", since both are about pride... I could very well see "What I Am" saved for the end of the video). I'm hoping that the one street story listed is the only one included (I could be...
  2. M

    Warner Home Video now distributing Sesame Workshop DVDs

    Well, the DVD release after Learning Letters with Elmo will be "Elmo's Music Magic", which will contain the street story from episode 4220 as well as musical segments, including the first-ever DVD release of "What I Am", the third release of "1234", and the second release of "Outdoors" (now when...
  3. M

    "The Muppets: Being Green" Teaser Trailer Online

    I've looked real closely, and don't see any green hands (I see what looks like a bush or parts of a tree). In the clip where Miss Piggy says "Kermie, we need you", I thought maybe that was part of a flashback showing what lead to the Muppets splitting up, but then I noticed Walter is there...
  4. M

    Segal Might Love The Classic Muppets...

    Well, the third treaser trailer has been shown, and it includes an appearance by Bobo (and it looks like he'll still be assisting the villian, along with Uncle Deadley, not to mention Statler and Waldorf). And some of the scenes in that trailer show Miss Piggy with her 1980s hair style (which I...
  5. M

    "The Muppets: Being Green" Teaser Trailer Online

    Above Link's head... Is that Bubba or Jerry from the second jugband? I noticed in some scenes Miss Piggy has her 1980s hairstyle. This is the best of the teaser trailers so far.
  6. M

    Any chance of a Sesame Street cameo in the new Muppet movie?

    I'd have thought that we would care more about what obscure characters appear, or at least have sizable roles. I care about what Muppets have significant parts than what celebrities make appearances.
  7. M

    Segal Might Love The Classic Muppets...

    dwmckim has said that in the script he saw Bobo was originally the villians sidekick.
  8. M

    Segal Might Love The Classic Muppets...

    Unless perhaps one of us were actually able to write/direct a Muppet movie with no interferring from Disney.
  9. M

    Little things we've noticed

    I haven't seen that video in a long time, but it was a great compilation. Too bad most of them aren't on YouTube. The ones I have found on YouTube (The Muppet Revue, Children's Songs and Stories) are actually hard to find if you search the titles (the person who uploaded Children's Songs and...
  10. M

    Segal Might Love The Classic Muppets...

    Well, Gonzo is shown wearin g his 1980s sweater vest as opposed to his original purple tux, so I guess the filmakers aren't completely stuck in 1979.
  11. M

    Uncle Deadly WILL be in the New Muppet movie!

    I think I read somewhere that Jason Segal didn't know who Uncle Deadley was until he was shown... Considering his reported fandom, I am surprised. But maybe he didn't know the character by name, because I'm sure many casual fans would have at least recognized him from old group photos. Sure, he...
  12. M

    Segal Might Love The Classic Muppets...

    I was just wondering if whatever Pepe's pressence in the movie will be treated like one of the Sesame Street cameos in the first three films, perhaps even questioning his absence. I think somebody here wondered if Bill Barretta asked to have Pepe in the film... And I wonder if it works that way...
  13. M

    Sesame Street Season 42 News

    Wait, when's the last time he performed Bert (or Cookie Monster, for that matter)? I've seen a quote from the Jim Henson era where Frank said he wouldn't want to perform Bert to anyone else's Ernie... Considering that I'd expect Bert to be performed by Eric more these days. I wonder if anybody...
  14. M

    Sesame Street Season 42 News

    I didn't see it mentioned in this thread, but in the last two weeks the people at Tough Pigs visited the set and did some interviews. It was reported that there will be an episode focusing on Ernie and Bert, which'll also feature Susan, Gordon, Maria, Luis, and Oscar (and no sign of Elmo as far...
  15. M

    Sesame Street Season 42 News

    I can't wait to see the whole thing! Though I wonder if Mr. Johnson recognises Grover as Spider Monster.
  16. M

    Warner Home Video now distributing Sesame Workshop DVDs

    Well I finally saw a copy in person and read the back. I didn't pick it up, but it said on the packaging that it contains "two bonus classic versions of The People in Your Neighborhood" in addition to the Ben Stiller version. I think I'll wait until I know which classic versions are on there...
  17. M

    Sesamestreet.org relaunches for Season 39

    Today is Daddy Day with Elmo.
  18. M

    The Nostalgia Critic Thread Lives Again!

    There has been a preview online for the upcoming third anniversary special, which will be titled "Suburban Knights". I can't wait!
  19. M

    Write it Down

    I thought I'd talk a bit about the Sesame Street song "Write it Down". Sesamestreet.org recently added the rap version with Maria, Luis, David, and Forgetful Jones: http://www.sesamestreet.org/video_player/-/pgpv/videoplayer/0/48c26e7b-233d-4db6-a090-30fbcb81db30/write_it_down It is a good...
  20. M

    Little things we've noticed

    That was a very good blog post. Though I never noticed Scooter showing any resentment towards Robin. Robin may have been in most of the songs requested, but he wasn't in "I Know an Old Lady Who Swallowed a Fly" (requested by The Swedish Chef) or "Inchworm" (requested by Waldorf). And it is...
Top