Pigs singing the Happy Wanderer

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
If people are like me they'll feel sorry enough for the silly piggies and laugh at the sketch at the same time.
Skye said:
But I know I'm like you then. I would feel sorry for them...but I couldn't help but laugh too.
I'm sure you must be able to fully understand what I mean about feeling sorry for our piggies in a humour appreciating sort of way Caroline. Especially since from what you said earlier in the thread it looks like I slowly came to influence you into that way of thinking yourself. :big_grin:

Skye

Reaction score
Lol, I have to say that this thread, and you Marty, have done some very weird and interesting things in influencing the way I see this sketch! :wink: Hehe, and I love it! :big_grin: But yeah, I definitely do understand what you mean about feeling sorry for our piggies in that certain way. Not necessarily feeling sorry enough to not giggle at the sketch, but feeling sorry enough for them to think about what they may have been going through (and sorry enough for them to dedicate a whole thread to 'em and bring up feeling sorry for 'em, too)! :big_grin:

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
This Thread Dedicated To The Memory Of The Three Happy Wandering Piggies Who Were Tragically Killed During A Musical Sketch Number During The Muppet Show Season 4's First Episode.

Piggies We Will Remember You With The Bittersweet Tears Of Joyful Mirth You Left Us With As You Were Leaving Us One By One.

Rest In Peace Dear Piggies. You Need To In Order To Recover For All Your Other Roles In Future Muppet Show Episodes. Let's Hope You Don't Die Again. And The Goat Gives You His Deepest Condolences Also. Please Understand He Was Only Doing His Part To Play In Your Ill-fated Sketch.

Skye

Reaction score
Awww, the sweet dear piggies. :cry: :wink:

That was very cute, Marty! I love it and I love that you added the "Let's hope you don't die again" and the part about the goat... that cracked me up! And can you just imagine how much the piggies would appreciate that? They'd have so much fun in this thread. :wink:

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I'm really glad... I love doing things that mean a lot to you, honey!
I'm so glad you do, sweetheart! That really means a lot to me!:flirt:

And incidentally I was just wondering which of the three piggies people like the best?
I think my personal favourite is the middle one with the pick. I really like his voice provided by Richard. What do others think?
I like that last remaining Piggier! I can't tell who the performer it but it's sounds like Jim to me? He's just a shoe off and so out going.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
I like that last remaining Piggier! I can't tell who the performer it but it's sounds like Jim to me? He's just a shoe off and so out going.
I take it you're obviously referring to the leader piggy who gets squashed by the boulders at the very end of the sketch William.
Well according to official sources his voice was supplied by Jerry Nelson. Just a shoe off must be a figure of speech I'm not familiar with. :confused: But he is definitely out going. Mr.Nelson did a wonderful job with the inflections from nervous worry to triumphant joy, didn't he?

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
He sure did! And thank you for letting me know that it was Jerry! But I meant to say Show off and I'm pretty sure you know that that is?

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Oh yes I definitely do know what that means William. You're most welcome.

muppet baby

Reaction score
This Thread Dedicated To The Memory Of The Three Happy Wandering Piggies Who Were Tragically Killed During A Musical Sketch Number During The Muppet Show Season 4's First Episode.

Piggies We Will Remember You With The Bittersweet Tears Of Joyful Mirth You Left Us With As You Were Leaving Us One By One.

Rest In Peace Dear Piggies. You Need To In Order To Recover For All Your Other Roles In Future Muppet Show Episodes. Let's Hope You Don't Die Again. And The Goat Gives You His Deepest Condolences Also. Please Understand He Was Only Doing His Part To Play In Your Ill-fated Sketch.
I know i have not been here in a while but i hope that does not mean that we are not going to do anything anymore with these great little piggies or at least some more .

if we do then next time i will be here a lot life is slowing down to a normal pace now lol really .

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Hi Michelle.
And here is post number 1660.

We have had quite a ball in this thread, haven't we?