Your Thoughts: Piggy, Jessica and Pizza Hut

Marky

Reaction score
TheJimHensonHour said:
when Jim was still alive the muppets promoted allot of things...the muppets have always promoted things....the only ones he did not want promoting things where the Sesame Street Characters..
You are 100% Correctomundo.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I don't think the problem is that The Muppets are using sexual humor or promoting a product. Obviously they did both of those things for years. The question is whether it's done well. When The Muppets used to use sexual humor, it was usually with adult subtlety and sophistication. I'm not sure there was anything adult about the Pizza Hut ad.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
I finally saw the ad that somebody mentioned before with Piggy kicking Kermit from under the table. I saw the video online, but it just showed the part with Jessica. So today was the first time I saw that one with Kermit and Piggy. Unfortunately, I was at the Y when I saw it and didn't hear the dialogue, so I don't have much to comment about there.

MeepBorkMeep

Reaction score
I like how the Muppets are getting more publicity, except I'm a little confused as to why they didn't get a puppeteer who sounded like Miss Piggy. I mean it wasn't even remotely her at times. And also, I had a problem with them making Miss Piggy thin cause that could be sending bad messages. But other than that, I applaud the Muppets for their publicity.

Marky

Reaction score
MeepBorkMeep said:
I like how the Muppets are getting more publicity, except I'm a little confused as to why they didn't get a puppeteer who sounded like Miss Piggy. I mean it wasn't even remotely her at times. And also, I had a problem with them making Miss Piggy thin cause that could be sending bad messages. But other than that, I applaud the Muppets for their publicity.
I guess it's Pizza Hut you should be applauding for choosing the Muppets as their spokes people. It's money in the coffers for MHC. I also agree with Piggy's voice - but otherwise - what are you talking about? Thin? Bad Message?

Me confused.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Marky said:
I guess it's Pizza Hut you should be applauding for choosing the Muppets as their spokes people. It's money in the coffers for MHC. I also agree with Piggy's voice - but otherwise - what are you talking about? Thin? Bad Message?

Me confused.
Thin? Hmm...

I'd say her ankles were seriously inflated since the last time I saw them. In VMC she had very attractive ankles, in this...puckatious!

Bea:zany:{Did I just say the Pig has attractive ankles???}regard

MeepBorkMeep

Reaction score
I mean, Miss Piggy didn't used to be so thin, but now that she's starring in commercials with Jessica Simpson she has to be thin. I don't really know what message that's getting across, it just bothers me. *Shrugs*

Marky

Reaction score
Oh, the pressures these Muppets must endure.
Soon she'll just waste away to an inner foam shell.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Hmmm. I didn't notice Piggy being thinner. The biggest change in her appearance lately was her hair. About the voice, I didn't have too much of a problem. I thought Eric does fine with Piggy in the Pizza Hut ads. It's more or less talk show appearances where she doesn't sound quite right. Oh, well. I guess everybody's entitled to their opinion.

Marky

Reaction score
Daffyfan2003 said:
Hmmm. I didn't notice Piggy being thinner. The biggest change in her appearance lately was her hair. About the voice, I didn't have too much of a problem. I thought Eric does fine with Piggy in the Pizza Hut ads. It's more or less talk show appearances where she doesn't sound quite right. Oh, well. I guess everybody's entitled to their opinion.
I agree with Piggy's hair looking flat & lame. I think EJ does a pretty good job, but I've also heard bang-on jobs done by puppeteers I know who aren't worling for the Mouse.

(Off -topic comment #1)
It's almost like at the auditions we should have siad, "Do you want Frank's Piggy or Eric's Piggy? Jim's Kermit or Steve's Kermit?". It's that noticeable.

(Of-topic comment #2)

Where this is really, really obvious is in the new Pepe sketches tacked onto the 50th anniv. movie DVD's. Apart from the ovbious voice changes, ALL of the Muppets look different ranging from slight to fright!
for inst.

Kermit - Is he a lighter shade of green now?? Bordering on Lime?

Fozzie - Looks like him, (sounds like mellowed-out cousin.)

Piggy - Lose the hair. Too thin, too whispy.

Gonzo. Same (obviously), but age has mellllllllowed him, no?

Rizzo - check. There's one, at least!

Bunsen - what's happenned to his head??? He looks the same in clouor, but the old bunsen's facial feautures weren't as far distributed from the centre as now. There are now seams on the nose. the spacing of his 'eye's, nose and mouth are more anotomically correct - which takes away some of his character! Plus, his 'skin' used to be a lot more smooth-looking, (ie, new material they use now is obviously different from the old days).

Even worse - Statler & Waldorf - Who cut their hair then gave W. age spots? And S.s' lower jaw looks reeeeally unattached to the rest of his head now! I won't even start on there voices!

What I'd like to know finaly, is how did they let that Sam-the-Eagle-fan-eBay-knock-off puppet appear at the end? That alomst makes me run and hide the way they just have that on, with who-ever saying "You are all weirdos". Who is that? A Make-up person? A crazed-fan who's terrible at voices? That was completely surreal. The face, top feathers, non-moving eyes - and that voice...

HELP!