Your Thoughts: Piggy, Jessica and Pizza Hut

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Thanks for posting that. I saw the midas ad with Kermit, but I didn't see the Pizza Hut commercial. I'll take a look.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Rats

I checked the superbowl site and I found was the pizza hut ad with just Jessica. What do I click on to get it on the "Pizza Hut" site? That might help.

OverUnderAround

Reaction score
Daffyfan2003 said:
I checked the superbowl site and I found was the pizza hut ad with just Jessica. What do I click on to get it on the "Pizza Hut" site? That might help.
You can see all the commercials at the link below. Piggy and Kermit and all the others.

http://www.ifilm.com/superbowl?htv=12

(This site was running slow last time I checked.)

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Thanks so much OverUnderAround. I didn't really care for the Super Bowl itself, and I must've seen every commercial except the muppet ones. XD So thanks for the link!

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
Snark Blarmsten said:
Well this is my first post here, after waiting weeks to be able to get on this forum :smile: Let me just say I'm really disappointed that a muppet would be part of something that uses overt sexuality. I am not surprised, especially nowadays, but it's a real shame. My kids missed it because as soon as Jessica came on shaking her thing, the channel got changed. It's doubly disappointing, because Disney used to be a family oriented company. They have long since departed from that role (regardless of what they claim) so I should not be surprised. Disney becomes further and further from what they once were, and you just hope they don't drag the muppet legacy down with them. I'm not fully opposed to having muppets in more adult oriented situations, but it should be done tastefully. Tough first post, but hey that's the way it goes!

So I say :boo:

OTOH, I loved Kermit's deal with Ford - it's the type of thing you like to see the muppets engaged in!

Snark
Just out of curiousity Blark, how old are your children? I find it interesting that a frequent criticism on the MC forums is that the Muppets are becoming too juvenile. Yet you seem to object to the fact they are maybe too adult.

OverUnderAround

Reaction score
Snark Blarmsten said:
Well this is my first post here, after waiting weeks to be able to get on this forum :smile: Let me just say I'm really disappointed that a muppet would be part of something that uses overt sexuality. I am not surprised, especially nowadays, but it's a real shame. My kids missed it because as soon as Jessica came on shaking her thing, the channel got changed. It's doubly disappointing, because Disney used to be a family oriented company. They have long since departed from that role (regardless of what they claim) so I should not be surprised. Disney becomes further and further from what they once were, and you just hope they don't drag the muppet legacy down with them. I'm not fully opposed to having muppets in more adult oriented situations, but it should be done tastefully. Tough first post, but hey that's the way it goes!

So I say :boo:

OTOH, I loved Kermit's deal with Ford - it's the type of thing you like to see the muppets engaged in!

Snark
With all due respect to your opinion, Miss Piggy has always been an over-the-top personality with a sexy diva appeal. So I didn't see her being out of her traditional character personality. Yes there was some mix of CGI/puppetry in making her walk and pose more sensual, but at least to me it seemed to be within the established personality that we have come to expect from Piggy.

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
*points to above post* I agree wholeheartedly. She is one sexy pig. Or she acts that way all the time. Personally I liked the Piggy commercial to Simpson's. And they were acted out the same way. She came across as trying to oneup Ms. Simpson, and she did great!!! I mean...she missed the kids heads twice, and then she ate the last one herself. I mean...that's Piggy in a nutshell I see. So same commerical, but two really different ways to do it. Plus, although Piggy can't actually "walk" it looked quite natural to me.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
OverUnderAround said:
You can see all the commercials at the link below. Piggy and Kermit and all the others.

http://www.ifilm.com/superbowl?htv=12

(This site was running slow last time I checked.)
Yeah, I'm looking at it right now and it isn't loading. I thought it was just my computer, but maybe it's the site. Anyway, thanks for posting that. If it doesn't come up on the Internet, I'll watch for it on TV.