Your Thoughts: Piggy, Jessica and Pizza Hut

mikebennidict

Reaction score
Barry Lee said:
The muppets have always been sexual. The muppets we're never made for children, but for adults. There are many interesting adult moments, including the "Land of the Gorch" skits from SNL. Back in the 70's Miss Piggy was always called a sex symbol. And in one episode of The Muppet Show Mac Davis and Link Hogthrob sang "Lord It's Hard To Be Humble" with the "H" word not once, but several times! So the Muppets were never for kids, never will be. :smirk:
I don't know about that I think Jim intended them for everyone.

Kevin the Frog

Reaction score
Erine81981 said:
Ok just tonight I taped a show that I wanted to watch and saw the Jessica Simpson one but it didn't have the same ending as the one on the Super Bowl. It had Kermit and Miss Piggy at the end of it. Kermit says "I'll have the same thing Jessica." (something like that) Then Miss Piggy kicks him from under the table. It was funny. So that means there are Three commericals with Muppet appearances. So look out for that one.
I just saw this commercial. I came on here to post about this, but ended up stuck in other threads. Muppets everywhere!
I think this was the worst commercial of the bunch. Kermit's voice was 10% compared to 90% for the Ford commercial, and his mouth didn't match up with any of the "I'll have the same thing Jessica". Did they use the worst take?

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
well my thoughts on this I am not offended easily...but my partner had the displeasure of doing jessica simpsons life cast for work (movie stuff) and he says everything is true about her she's not acting that way she really is this way in real life and when they took off the cast from her face it was orange because all of her bronzer was in it...also she was wearing a weave which he said was the most heavy thing in the entire world lol....but anyways the comercial..the voices are not that great jessica ugh kermit and piggys part great at the end I laughed very hard....piggy and jessica I will just say I hate how they over do it these days with piggy she is a ham not a snotty brat...I know they are trying to make her more modern thats fine with her looks but her attitude never needed changing in the first place...

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
Barry Lee said:
The muppets have always been sexual. The muppets we're never made for children, but for adults. There are many interesting adult moments, including the "Land of the Gorch" skits from SNL. Back in the 70's Miss Piggy was always called a sex symbol. And in one episode of The Muppet Show Mac Davis and Link Hogthrob sang "Lord It's Hard To Be Humble" with the "H" word not once, but several times! So the Muppets were never for kids, never will be. :smirk:
wow finally it's nice to see some one else say this....I grew up with the muppets never really realizing how much they are not for kids....but for the entire family....but one things for sure jim was not afraid to say subtle curse words in the show.
I can think of several examples of the muppets being sexual or racey...
In the muppet movie rowlf sings about wimen and this aint a kids song lol...
the muppets sing temptation in the first season piggy nearly molests kermit..
Gonzo in the great muppet caper hitting on wimen and telling that tall black model how sexy she is and hubba hubba etc.
also in the great muppet caper cat walk scene statler and waldorf make sexual jokes about the girls and themselves....in a male like fashion :wink:
same scene kermit jokes with fozzie about the fashion a joke only and adult would get and I didnt untill recently watching the movie
Kermit constantly hitting on all the female guests on the muppet show....
I could think of allot more but it's almost 5am in los angeles I will say though one last thing I love when miss piggy used to snort when she would kiss some one hahah!:crazy:

jonashbrooklyn

Reaction score
Am I the Only One Who Hates These Commercials?!

Aside from how annoying that "Bites Were Made for Poppin'" song is, it depresses me to see these beloved childhood characters exploited for a stupid Pizza Hut commercial, or any commercial that is so totally devoid of taste, imagination and educational value. Not to presume, but I think Jim Henson would agree with me. And if you stop and think about it, you might just agree with me too.

wes

Reaction score
I do think the Commerical was annoying, and the best part was Piggy and Kermit...but I have to respectfully disagree with you on your statement about Jim Henson you see he started in advertising with comericals. (remember Willkins Coffee, Rowlf with Alpo, and The La Coy Dragon) I don't think the Muppets were exploited, but of corse if Jim was still around It would be better Quality!

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
jonashbrooklyn said:
Aside from how annoying that "Bites Were Made for Poppin'" song is, it depresses me to see these beloved childhood characters exploited for a stupid Pizza Hut commercial, or any commercial that is so totally devoid of taste, imagination and educational value. Not to presume, but I think Jim Henson would agree with me. And if you stop and think about it, you might just agree with me too.
when Jim was still alive the muppets promoted allot of things...the muppets have always promoted things....the only ones he did not want promoting things where the Sesame Street Characters..

pepestarr

Reaction score
I can't find the Muppet commercial with Piggy and Kermit in. Could someone help. I've watched all Pizza Hut videos on Superbowl website and it's not one of them.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Are there 2? Yesturday I saw one with miss piggy and kermit at the end and kermit sayd he'll have the same a jessica or something and miss piggy kicks him. I thought there was only the one with animal, miss piggy, and kermit

I is confuzzled now:confused:

EDIT: Nevermind I saw the above post I didnt read

Beauregard

Reaction score
I havn't seen the one with Kermit saying that either...

Only the "proper" one, and the one with Miss Piggy doing the Poppin' song, which is fab, btw, though her legs were rather revolting in this trailer! Usually she is so attractive! (Piggy that is, not Simpson, her's were fine...I mean, ahem...)

Side Note: Kermit's ford commercial is Amazing! Wow!

Beau