Your Thoughts: Piggy, Jessica and Pizza Hut

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Alright, I've got it working now, so I can sleep tonight. Lol. I enjoyed that. Eric's performance as Piggy was really good. Much better than the last one with Piggy and the bullhorn.

sugarbritchez

Reaction score
I loved them both!!!!!! I was excited that they used It's not easy being green song and Piggy was So cute!!!! I loved her hair!!!!

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I missed it. I was so mad! But I find it intersting how on every pizza hut comercial, animal seems to always be on it. But then again, Frank Oz is still alive...I think

beaker

Reaction score
While I agree about some things cheapen the Muppets(like Muppet Wizard of Oz) I found the 'sexuality' Miss Piggy displayed to be quite innocent and in character of herself since the Muppet Show days. Remember, the first Mupept show was called "Sex and Violence", and compared to most the Muppe tLand of Gorch sketches on Saturday Night Live anything is tame.

the Super Bowl is all about adult themes. I mean th ehwole thing is one big beer commercial practically.

While it was great to see the Muppet represented in two different brand commericals(Kermit sure gets his exercise!) I miss the ore creative and better commercials of yore: Denny's, Mastercard, Long John Silvers. Now those were some great commercials! And who can forget, Croonchy Stars!

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
OverUnderAround said:
You can see all the commercials at the link below. Piggy and Kermit and all the others.

http://www.ifilm.com/superbowl?htv=12

(This site was running slow last time I checked.)
Thank you OverUnderAround, I didn't see the Miss Piggy version, but I just caught the one with Kermit and Piggy where Kermit goes "Hay Jessica, well have what what there hevin! and Piggy kicks Him form under the table and he yells Yahhh! LoL.

Robin

Reaction score
I'm very unhappy with the direction the Muppets seem to be going in...
I want great writing!!!! Humor... Life lessons... Family entertainment!!! You know... "The Muppets" :mad:

Erine81981

Reaction score
Ok just tonight I taped a show that I wanted to watch and saw the Jessica Simpson one but it didn't have the same ending as the one on the Super Bowl. It had Kermit and Miss Piggy at the end of it. Kermit says "I'll have the same thing Jessica." (something like that) Then Miss Piggy kicks him from under the table. It was funny. So that means there are Three commericals with Muppet appearances. So look out for that one.

SJohnson

Reaction score
Pizza hut

Well, this was not as good as the Ford commercial, but how many celebrities appeared in two adds for two different companies...

Barry Lee

Reaction score
Snark Blarmsten said:
Well this is my first post here, after waiting weeks to be able to get on this forum :smile: Let me just say I'm really disappointed that a muppet would be part of something that uses overt sexuality. I am not surprised, especially nowadays, but it's a real shame. My kids missed it because as soon as Jessica came on shaking her thing, the channel got changed. It's doubly disappointing, because Disney used to be a family oriented company. They have long since departed from that role (regardless of what they claim) so I should not be surprised. Disney becomes further and further from what they once were, and you just hope they don't drag the muppet legacy down with them. I'm not fully opposed to having muppets in more adult oriented situations, but it should be done tastefully. Tough first post, but hey that's the way it goes!

So I say :boo:

OTOH, I loved Kermit's deal with Ford - it's the type of thing you like to see the muppets engaged in!

Snark
The muppets have always been sexual. The muppets we're never made for children, but for adults. There are many interesting adult moments, including the "Land of the Gorch" skits from SNL. Back in the 70's Miss Piggy was always called a sex symbol. And in one episode of The Muppet Show Mac Davis and Link Hogthrob sang "Lord It's Hard To Be Humble" with the "H" word not once, but several times! So the Muppets were never for kids, never will be. :smirk:

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Barry Lee said:
The muppets have always been sexual. The muppets we're never made for children, but for adults. There are many interesting adult moments, including the "Land of the Gorch" skits from SNL. Back in the 70's Miss Piggy was always called a sex symbol. And in one episode of The Muppet Show Mac Davis and Link Hogthrob sang "Lord It's Hard To Be Humble" with the "H" word not once, but several times! So the Muppets were never for kids, never will be. :smirk:
not to mention "That's Entertainment". I never saw that one, but ot says they did it on the guide. If its the song I'm thinking of, that is a pretty sexual song too. My :crazy: dance instructor had 6 year olds doing it as a finnally! (i'm a girl incase anyone thinks otherwise)