What made you think today?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Apparently, it's like a pimple or a cyst... INSIDE your eye socket.

Alls I know is I can feel a small lump inside the inner corner of my left eye, and it hurts to touch (like if I rub my eye or something)... and apparently, that's a stye.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Well I had something like that, but it was not in my eye. It was on the back of my head, and it hurt!

Teheheman

Reaction score
Professor Frink, he made me laugh and he made me think lol.

Daniel

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I was just thinking about all these, "Signs of the times" and everything, and it kind of gets me to wondering, as much as the times have changed, how are people even going to be able to survive in the future? Think about it: back in the day, you look at couples, you see their really nice homes, how well they live and everything, and all this was made possible by the husband working only one job. Fast-forward to today, both the husband AND the wife work, sometimes both of them working multiple jobs, sometimes in the same day, and they barely are able to get by in their ridiculously tiny apartments or condos. Everybody always talks about this so-called, "American Dream", but it's really saddened to think that the American Dream is now far more literal than it was before: just a dream.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I've been thinking of how many people have become so psychologically dependent on their phones/iPads/gizmos. A few years back a Rutgers professor asked his students to go without their phones for 8 hours. (Not a whole day, only eight measly hours). And within two hours, students were already going through withdrawal symptoms.

Which begs the question- are we the masters of technology, or is technology enslaving us? (And how long can YOU go without your plug-in gadget?)

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Phones I can do without, I don't really like talking on the phone anyway, and I rarely use my phone for anything else; I don't even know what most of the apps on my phone are for anyway.

TV, I don't watch a lot of actual TV anymore, almost everything on TV anymore is garbage, so I'll usually pop in a DVD of something, or maybe I'll have the channel on Music Choice (Solid Gold Oldies, 80s, The Pulse, whatever I feel like listening to), but it's usually just background noise, I don't pay much attention.

The internet... yes, I admit it, I'm an internet junkie, and I will go through withdrawals if I'm deprived of it for extended periods of time... but luckily, my current computer has WiFi capability, so that's a big help like if Comcast's service is temporarily down for maintenence, or like if the power goes out, or at hotels, and such.

But fuzzy, your post is reminding me of that ARTHUR episode, "Arthur's TV-Free Week", where Buster was immediately having withdrawals from no TV, like the scene where Arthur tells Buster to call him whenever he gets the urge to watch TV, and no sooner does Arthur leave, the payphone outside the Sugar Bowl rings, he turns around and see inside Buster calling him.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Y'know, it just now kind of donned on me, that when I first created Ella the Elf a couple of years ago, she was intended to strictly be a one-shot character, yet I noticed I've been using her for more than such purpose... granted, when she appeared in that "Jingle Jangle All the Way" episode last year, that was mostly an excuse just to use her since the original project she was intended to be used it got shelved and never produced, and I kinda wanted to put the puppet to SOME use since I took the time to build it. Now, here it is, it's Christmas again, and what keeps rattling around in my hollow noggin? "Do something with Ella", "Do something with Ella", "Do something with Ella". Why do I keep getting pulled back to one character who only had one purpose and pretty much already served it? Besides, what more can I possibly do with her anyway? Admittedly, earlier this year, I was offered the possibility to produce my own Christmas special, and I did think about using Ella, and introducing other elves as well, but every plot that came to mind was cliched and tired, so I passed on it.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I think if I win the Mega Millions (next drawing worth 550 million and change), I'm gonna buy a boat, name it "The Passing Wind" and see how many get the joke.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I got to thinking, if there really were puppet versions of Doug Walker, Lindsey Stirling, Adam the Woo, and Leif Garrett, I think I know exactly what kind of puppets would work best for each of them.

Doug Walker: a glove puppet. That way, he can easily grab such props as his traditional three-pound watermelon and gallon of sangria, or his pistol. Somehow, I think a glove puppet of Doug would be eerily reminisicent of Gary Gnu.

Lindsey Stirling: a marionette. It would work most wonderfully in capturing her talent, grace, and beauty, though it would require some REALLY talented and skilled marionettistes to make Lindsey's dancing and playing look real and believable.

Adam the Woo: full-bodied costume puppet. Not like Sid & Marty Krofft, but think like the villains from THE MUPPET MUSICIANS OF BREMEN, something that would look like an affectionate caricature, but would allow the puppeteer to walk around, move around, and explore in the real world like Adam himself does.

Leif Garrett: just being himself. I'm almost certain Leif is already a puppet anyway... just my thinking.