What made you think today?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Muppet Morsels on TMS Season 1 DVD are pretty much annotations before annotations were invented.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I don't really know what thread to put this in, but I think this one might probably be the most appropriate.

Anyway, something odd has been happening to me in the last couple of years or so, and I really can't figure out what it is, but occasionally, people will come to me, and tell that I somehow made their lives better simply by being a part of it. I honestly don't understand how I've been able to do that, because it's not like I try to have an effect on people's lives, yet I guess I must somehow. Not too long ago, my little (cyber) sister told me that my being her friend helped her break out of her shell and make attempts to meet people and make friends, which has apparently been of big help to her in life; similar, here just very recently, someone else I know actually told me that I was one of her inspirations, because of my encouragement in her art, and she's now looking into taking art courses to further help her improve because of it.

It just feels a little bizarre to hear these kind of things from people, because it's not like I'm trying to change people's lives or anything, I'm just... being me... do I really have an impact on people?

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Don't be surprised, you really never know what your presence does for people.

Back in High School, I was shocked to find out another student had written an essay about me. Apparently a long time ago in grammar school she had done something nice for me and I was extremely thankful. And that ended up really inspiring her for years after. So yeah, you just never know. :smile:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I really need to make note to take the air duster to my laptop's fan more often... the whole computer runs so silently when the fan isn't clogged with dust.

Wonder why dust accumulates in my room so quickly... it's dusted and vacuumed on a weekly basis.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I've really been reviewing my life lately.

If there's one thing that everybody tells me all the time is that I'm the most negative and pessimistic person they've ever known... so since everybody says that, I guess it must be true then, because otherwise, everybody wouldn't keep telling me so.

Now, I will confess and admit, right here and right now, that I'm aware I have a tendancy to be a rather cynical person, but you know what? Life has kind of made me that way. I've always been an eccentric person, even growing up as a kid, not to mention, growing up, I've probably moved anywhere between 20 and 30 times (no exaggeration, I'm serious), and my parents were probably a combination of George Costanza's parents and Ray and Robert Barones' parents... and people expect me to be a normal person? Would I like to be a normal person? Absolutely! But I don't know how to do that. And it's not like I try to be negative or pessimistic... in all honesty, whenever I find myself in a situation, I try to examine the situation as a whole, from a realisitc standpoint, but I guess I don't even really know what realistic really is, because the only reactions I get from people are, "God, you're such a pessimist!" "Why are you always such a negative person?" "You make Eeyore look cheerful!" At the same time though, I feel like whenever someone tries to make feel more positive about something, the way the go about it, and the nature of the situation, makes me feel as if I'm being forced to look at something through cock-eyed, rose-colored glasses. Whatever I find myself in, I always approach the situation with my gut feeling... though I guess I should learn by now not to do that, because it's as if every gut feeling, premonition, foresight, etc. I have, the outcome results are always the exact opposite of what I felt would happen.

So, for everyone here whose ever been bothered by any negativity and pessimism I've displayed, I sincerely apologize, as again, it's never been my intentions at all to be that way.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
I admit D'Snowth when I first joined this forum I didn't really much like you I thought you were just down right rude. But then I realized that you probably didn't mean to come off that way since it is hard to convey emotions over the internet and maybe in real life it's hard for you to be positive as well. And so I tried to really get to learn who you are and well your not a bad guy after all and since there is a reason why you come off as negative sometimes it's understandable. I've come to really like you and admire that your not afraid to tell it like it is.

By the way hope you enjoyed the cold winter I thought of you right away when they said temps were gonna be in the teens. Lol

Bridget

Reaction score
Well I am in the ningth grade, and last year I was in advanced literacy, so this year I am taking a tenth grade course. They had us take a sample literacy end of the year exam to see where we are I suppose, and apparently, we are taking an 11th grade end of year exam!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
By the way hope you enjoyed the cold winter I thought of you right away when they said temps were gonna be in the teens. Lol
Oh yes, very much so. Well, winter started too late and ended too early down here, but when it was winter, it got unusually cold and snowy even for us... at one point, we had eight inches of snow (three is usually the most we ever get), meanwhile we had highs in the teens, and lows below 0 (usually, the coldest our temps get are 40s for highs and 20s for lows). It was swell.

I heartell it's suppose to be an unseasonably hot and stormy year this year for pretty much all of the world thanks to an El Nino brewing in the Pacific.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Oh yes, very much so. Well, winter started too late and ended too early down here, but when it was winter, it got unusually cold and snowy even for us... at one point, we had eight inches of snow (three is usually the most we ever get), meanwhile we had highs in the teens, and lows below 0 (usually, the coldest our temps get are 40s for highs and 20s for lows). It was swell.

I heartell it's suppose to be an unseasonably hot and stormy year this year for pretty much all of the world thanks to an El Nino brewing in the Pacific.
It's been in the 60's-70's all week and tomorrow it's gonna be only 30. Maryland weather is nuts!