What made you think today?

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
If there's one thing that everybody tells me all the time is that I'm the most negative and pessimistic person they've ever known... so since everybody says that, I guess it must be true then, because otherwise, everybody wouldn't keep telling me so.
Having been through similar conversations, I'd say it's a mixture. You probably do come across a bit too pessimistic and if that's something you want to try and change, that's cool. At the same time, the people you are talking to are likely a bit too optimistic (yes there is such a thing). :stick_out_tongue::frown:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Do you ever feel like that your life will never play out as you would like it to? Like that the things you set out to accomplish will never happen? Do you ever have situations where people expect things from you, put you feel like you'll never be able to live up to their expectations, yet at the same time, you'd hate to let them down and think they can't depend on you or that you're not what they thought you were or would be?

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Everything I had planned for my life had never played out like I wanted to its like it was already decided and I didn't have any say or something got in the way of accomplishing a certain goal.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I love THE HUNCHBACK OF NOTRE DAME, I think (in spite of all of its surrounding controversy) that it's one of Disney's best: it was probably the first movie I saw more than once while in theaters (six times, I think) not to mention I think I watched it almost everyday for a year after it came out on video.

However, when I really stop and think about how apparently some people out there theorize that we're supposed to believe that the Gargoyles are merely figments of Quasimodo's imagination, and the fact there's actually a fanmade cut of the movie that removes all of the Gargoyles' scenes (I haven't actually seen it, but I'm aware of it) actually makes the movie take on a much more disturbing aspect.

I guess in a way it makes sense, however I prefer to chalk the Gargoyles up to just good ol' Disney magic.

AlittleMayhem

Reaction score
However, when I really stop and think about how apparently some people out there theorize that we're supposed to believe that the Gargoyles are merely figments of Quasimodo's imagination, and the fact there's actually a fanmade cut of the movie that removes all of the Gargoyles' scenes (I haven't actually seen it, but I'm aware of it) actually makes the movie take on a much more disturbing aspect.

I guess in a way it makes sense, however I prefer to chalk the Gargoyles up to just good ol' Disney magic.
There was a German musical production adapted from the movie with most of the same songs and story except it was much darker and gothic, probably closer to the book. The many darker changes was in fact making the Gargoyles a definate figment of Quasimodo's imagination. Dunno if it's still running or not in Germany but I'd totally see it if it ever came to West End.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Yeah, I know Disney's version is considerably different from the original book, of which I've actually never read... like Esmeralda being a teenager rather than a grown-woman, Phoebus being an alcoholic and womanizing *******, and Quasimodo being mentally slow, Clopin being a lot more maniacal...

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I just learned that the girl I had a crush on in "high school" (the one whom Bethany is named after) is now married. Recently, my best friend from "high school" accepted my friend request on Facebook and I see he too has been married for a year now. And now that I think of it, almost everybody I know and have known for much of my life is either married or engaged to be married... it feels kind of surreal... I almost kind of feel left out too, lol. :stick_out_tongue:

scooterfan360

Reaction score
the guys that i liked in high school that wouldn't give me the time of day that thought i was ugly ended up marrying the most hidious looking women lol :wink:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Seeing that Frank Caliendo is on Letterman tonight gets me to wondering why FRANKTV never took off... KEY & PEELE is obviously a hit right now... I dunno, I thought FRANKTV was pretty good.

Eyeball

Reaction score
Passing a roadside memorial for a kid not much younger than myself actually got me thinking maybe I'm not as invincible as I'd like to think I am...