What are your obsessions?

electricmayhem

Reaction score
Originally posted by camilla
Yes i ove Harry Potter too and am dying to read the next book. i'm not quite obsessed with it

Camilla
you will be.....you will be

:big_grin:

Manda:-D

Reaction score
Hmmmm.....Are hats, necklaces and funny socks an addiction, a fetish, or an obsession?
Great questions of the universe.

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
ok, i'm late...as always..and well some of mine are kinda weird.

The Muppets " Mostly muppets and Fraggles, with some room for Sesame street)

The movie All Dogs Go To Heaven
Dom Deliuse (don't ask)

who framed Roger Rabbit

Pac Man all shapes and forms from the cartoon, video games classic and new, and the old pac'y records

Animals, i love all animals mainly
Ducks, Zeabra's, turtles, frogs, and kangaroos

plus my pets, Barney the dog, and Bootsy (Boots) the cat..she's female.

i love my God, my family and my friends

bike rides

ponds and parks, all things nature

candy, yes, candy....all kinds also food.

drawing

videogames

keeping up aperances

and then a bunch( like and end-less list of cartoon shows and cartoon charcters.

such as...(oh i'll name a few!)

DuckTales, TaleSpin, Chip n'dale RR, Sonic the Heghog (the 2nd cartoon show) The super mairo bros show,Tiny Toons, Heathcliff, Garfeild, Binky Bill the koala, Darkwing Duck,TMNT, all hanna Barrba cartoons mostly top cat, yogi bear, snagglepuss and,quicksdraw,and hucklebearry hound, i love all duck cartoons, daffy, donald, plucky, everyone! Timon and pummba,the Raccoons, a bunch of Disney movies and other movies like short curcit, gremlines, Little shop, and chicken run plus walice an gromit.

okay, there is a bunch of other stuff too...

Zack)Rowlf the, yeah...i know what your thinking,Dog.

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
OK, I've got a few...

*Winnie-the-Pooh
*Lord of the Rings
*Narnia
*Muppets
*Art Garfunkel
*John Denver
*Star Trek
*M*A*S*H
*Harry Potter
*Veggie Tales
*Disney in general (and certain movies/characters in particular at certain times - right now it's "Pete's Dragon")
*American Idol
*Care Bears
*trolls
*a variety of different songs/movies/tv shows/characters/etc. that I'm obsessed with at certain times
*nature
*animals
*Ireland
*my family
*music
*pizza
*Dr. Pepper
*Hershey almond and raisin nuggets
*Froggy (our Oldies station)
*Prairie Home Companion
*anything kid-ish
*I'll stop now but -- lots of other stuff!

P.S. These new muppet icons are very cool! :smile:

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
I think "Candle On The Water" is one of the most beautiful songs in the entire Disney canon.

*sigh*

:smile:

Really!

I do!

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
  • The Muppets, especially Scooter...
  • ...leading to a slight obsession with Richard Hunt
  • Roddy McDowall (one of the best actors to grace the world for a long time)
  • Digimon
  • 80s/early '90s cartoons (Care Bears, Gummi Bears, Rescue Rangers, DuckTales, Gargoyles, Animaniacs, Tiny Toons, Rugrats)
  • One-shot and background characters. As a fanfiction writer I find these types of characters much more fun to flesh out and write for rather than original, Mary Sue/Gary Stu (or Marty Sam) characters. This seems to be a reoccuring trend where 80s cartoons and certain anime are concerned.
  • "The Good, the Bad and the Huckleberry Hound". A movie put together by Hanna-Barbara that pretty much spoofs the genre of the spaghetti Western.
  • Other anime (Sailor Moon, Cowboy Bebop, Inu-Yasha and most recently Spirited Away)
  • Crossovers. Again, this has become especially prevelant in various 80s fandoms, especially Tiny Toons. I've added to the student body of Acme Looniversity from Hanna-Barbara, Underdog, Animaniacs; I've even been tempted to add an appropriately-aged Skeeter to the whole thing.
  • Lord of the Rings
  • Rankin/Bass animated movies (Yes, I liked their version of 'The Hobbit.' And my favorite R-B movie is The Last Unicorn)
  • "Talking animal" movies and books, like Secret of NIMH, the American Tail series, Redwall, Disney's version of Robin Hood, The Rescuers, The Great Mouse Detective...the list does go on.

-Kim

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Originally posted by Janice & Mokey's Man
I think "Candle On The Water" is one of the most beautiful songs in the entire Disney canon.

*sigh*

:smile:

Really!

I do!
Me too! :smile:

It's also one of my favorite songs to play on the piano. The Grammy nomination was well-deserved!

punkNpuppets

Reaction score
my obsessions:

HOT GIRLS
MUPPETS
PUPPETS
PUNK
THE INTERNET
TV
MAKING STUFF
BURNING STUFF
TALKING

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
[*]Rankin/Bass animated movies (Yes, I liked their version of 'The Hobbit.'
I did too! I really like "The Greatest Adventure." And speaking of Roddy McDowall, I thought he was the perfect Sam in their version of Return of the King.

[*]"Talking animal" movies and books, like Secret of NIMH, the American Tail series, Redwall, Disney's version of Robin Hood, The Rescuers, The Great Mouse Detective...the list does go on.[/QUOTE]

I read in some writer's magazine once that one of the biggest no-nos in children's literature is talking animals. Was she nuts? :confused: Where would children's literature - or movies or tv - be without talking animals? I love 'em! :big_grin: