The... -wait fer it-... "What made you laugh today?" Thread

bingboingcutie

Reaction score
The burger I got tonight was placed on two bottom buns.
I got a hamburger with two TOP buns! So YOU must be the one who got the two bottom buns!

What's making me laugh is this thread and a funny "obsessed muppet" joke about Billy Joel and Jerry Nelson...SOO funny!

I should post the ongoing joke my best friend wrote about Dr. Teeth and a peanut allergy...I'll see if I can get it on here.

Puckrox

Reaction score
Here's something that made me laugh last night.

I work at a motel front desk (basically all I do is check people in, answer phone calls, and watch a ton of TV on hulu), and last night a woman I checked in asked me, "Oh, do you own this motel?" I then laughed quite loudly and said, "God no. I'm only twenty." Strange. I look old enough to own my own business, but I still get carded when I go see rated R movies? I find so much humor in that.

Fraggline

Reaction score
Heh, once I went to Hungry Jacks and they have me half a burger. xP
Half a burger? Goodness, that conjures up images of Gladys handing Floyd a fried egg w/o a plate! But people do make mistakes.
Speaking of which, what makes me laugh is something I good friend of mine once told me: if you order a milkshake and a Big Mac at McDonald's, eat half the Big Mac, stick the remaining half in your shake, and complain to the person taking orders, "Hey, I got a half-eaten Big Mac in my milkshake!", then he or she will apologize and give you a new shake!

Really friendly service.

bingboingcutie

Reaction score
That was so funny, bingboing! Thanks for making me laugh!:smile:

It sounds like something Gonzo might say...
Aw, that's so nice of you, thanks so much for the compliment! :smile:

I had a conversation with a two-year old last night...
child: I want more!

me: I'm sorry; we can't have more.

child: I want more!

me: You just had "more."

<child spies another cupcake, half-eaten, with no frosting>

child: This one is mine! This one is mine. This one is mine.

me: You just had a cupcake; I saw you eating it.

child: This one is mine.

me: No; that's not yours. That's Duncan's.

child: This one is mine.

me: I think Duncan is going to want his cupcake. Did Duncan give it to you?

<short pause>

child: ...yyes.

me: Really? Well, let's go and ask Duncan if he did. Duncan, did you give your cupcake to her?

(Duncan says no.)

me: Looks like he didn't. Let's put it back here so Duncan can eat it later.

child: (takes a big piece off and starts to eat it) I'm gonna save a piece for Duncan.

me: That's nice of you! Thank you so much for giving Duncan his cupcake!

<little pause; I put the cupcake on a shelf>

child: Duncan wants his!

me: Does he really? Well, then, I'll go give it to him.

child: I wanna give it to him.

me: Okay, let's go give it to him TOGETHER.

<child starts to eat it>

me: Let's go give it to DUNCAN.

child: Here, Dunkee.

<Duncan says no; shakes his head>

child: Duncan doesn't want his.

me: I guess he doesn't.

child: (quite serious) I guess I'll have to eat it then.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I won't go into specific details since this is a family forum, but I'll cover the basics...

So, I was checking messages on deviantART, and as the messages were being deleted, the page lagged for a brief moment, which caused the ad to pause in it's loading: the ads was for "Gorgeous Shoes", with the words sliding into the ad one at a time... and... let's just say one of those words didn't quite make it all the way into the ad before it froze for a minute.

dwmckim

Reaction score
Seeing a sign twirler bonk himself in the head with his sign.

Gonzo's Hobbit

Reaction score
Now then... will that pret-ty lit-tle girl take to Billy Bones, that snivelling chowder head? Ugh! Watch where you're going you stoopid cat!
That made me laugh right there :big_grin:

We were all soooo tired at work today so we started making random jokes about random stuff and well, you know how funny things get when you're tired.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
This didn't make me laugh so much in a "ha-ha" kind of way, it was more like "Dear Lord, no..." thing...

There's going to be a biopic about Sarah Palin. :rolleyes:

I'm not surprised this is happening, but really... do we NEED a Palinpic? She's like Oprah: she's keeps coming out with all these autobiographies and memoirs, and she won't ever leave the spotlight... but at least people like Oprah...