Sesame Workshop unveils plans for Season 37

D

Dil

Say, I have a SS Episode Idea:

Remember Little Big Bird? Here's Big Little Bird:

This special episode features a come-back of Little Bird. Big Bird is happy to see Little, again, and he introduces him to all his friends that first lived here after Little's left of SS. Big Bird says that Elmo, at this moment, couldn't do Elmo's World, because he is in Hawaii with his mommy & daddy. Little Bird says that it's OK; at least, he's seen Elmo at the pond. Big Bird makes a surprise; big pile of birdseeds. Little Bird has some... and he grows bigger, almost as big as Big Bird! Big is so amazed. And Little Bird is happy to be big; he even sings about being big. But Big & others are having trouble about a place for Big Little Bird to sleep.

Some of these SS Sketches would be featured in this episode:
Baker Film #4 (replacing the Jack-in-The-Box Film)
Monsterpiece Theater: Chariots of Fur
Letter of The Day Gameshow: F
Adventures of Trash Gordon: The 4th Planet of Filf (30 minutes after the credits)
Journey to Ernie: Planet Mars
Ernie & Bert: Ernie should think before he blows the horn & play the drums
Song: Hip To Be A Square

Replacing 'Elmo's World' is another Street Segment: Big Bird & others are still finding a way to help Little Bird, until Sam the Robot shows up. They're having problems until they figure out what to do: they need to fix Sam. And poof: came out little piles of birdseeds. Little Bird eats the pile and turns little again. Little Bird quotes that he can be a bird, no matter the size he is. At the end, Sam blows up again, and a bunch of Honkers pop out of the machine, wandering around the street. A Honky, Goofy, & Bouncy version of the theme is playing, while Alan (off-screen) announcing what SS is brought to you by: F & 4. ("F for Four, F F F"). The Honkers replace all of the kids while taking over the closing credits (the entire closing credits). It would even include the mention of SS made sponsor of the CTW. A Honker mentions that in a honky way, of course.

What do you think?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
A good enough and well thought-out script... Sadly, it wouldn't air given current SS format and characters.
BTW: You do know Little Bird is a "she", right? Thought you should know.

D

Dil

In one of the SS Albums features a song called "Mr. Big Bird, Mr. Little Bird".

BEAR

Reaction score
Dil said:
In one of the SS Albums features a song called "Mr. Big Bird, Mr. Little Bird".
Yes, but Little Bird has always been a girl.

D

Dil

BEAR said:
Yes, but Little Bird has always been a girl.
Little Bird not ALWAYS has been a girl, in fact, in a gameshow called 'Pick Your Pet' & in the Kenner Baker Oven Commercials, Little had been performed 'man-ly'.

According to Wikipedia, I think Guy Smiley would appear in a new SS Insert in the upcoming 37th Season. Perhaps Joey Mazzarino would perform Smiley here.

JoeyMuppet

Reaction score
Good News

On August 14th's episode of Sesame Street,they will be having the parady of Law & Order.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Where'd you find that info Joey? As for Guy Smiley's perported appearance, I'd say wait and see. And I don't think Joey Mazzarino would voice him... Rather, I think Matt Vogel would do a better job given his off-screen announcer voice in the Letter of the Day Game Show segments from last season.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Again it really through me back to see Guy Smiley on a recent commercial for PBS kids! I saw it again just last week. Be on the look out for it if you can.