Sesame Workshop unveils plans for Season 37

D'Snowth

Reaction score
So, ugh, what about changing the Mail-It-Shop back to the Fix-It-Shop?

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
In a national survey of kindergarten teachers on the preparedness of our nation’s youngest students, conducted by Mason-Dixon Polling and Research
Mason-Dixon Polling and Research? Wonder where they draw the "line?"

WOCKA WOCKA!!

mikebennidict

Reaction score
minor muppetz said:
Since this season will focus on starting school, then now would be a good time to release Getting Ready for School on DVD (and maybe also release the unrelated album of the same title on CD). Of course, I wouldn't be surprised if a new DVD about school were released.

Hmmm... I wonder if this season will feature the Sesame Street News skits about The First Day of Kindergarden or The First Day of School in History..... I hope they get shown, but then again, there are a lot of health-related segments with Kermit that I was hoping would be shown last season, and none of them were shown. This season would also be a good one to feature The Count's song The First Day of School. Maybe if the Number of the Day is One (since One is the first number). Of course, knowing the show, this song probably has a better chance at getting remade than reaired.
I thought it's been discussed before they no longer use Kermit on SS for whatever the issue is with Disiney?

Also where did it say the Fix It Shop was returing.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
The forum member known as Rowlf84, who was allowed access to the set when they were filming Season 37 reported it back in February of 2006.

RyGuy

Reaction score
f

How about a segment about a school fire drill . Elmo could be scared to go to school after hearing about a fire drill a Storybook school the next t day. He could be afraid of a the fire alarmamd he could tell Gina about it. Gina could say : "Elmo, fire drills can be spooky but they help keeps boys, girls and monster safe just like shots keep us healthy I'm sure the teacher will make sure your okay. "Elmo could ask if the fire drill would hurt , like a shot Gina could say "Well, it will be a loud buzz and it will hurt your ears for a second , but the important thing is calm down and remember it's just a drill . Drill means practice . "

This would be the first-ever fire drill segement on SS . This is way overdue

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Well, Elmo doesn't go to school because he's three and a half.

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
Ilikemuppets said:
Well, Elmo doesn't go to school because he's three and a half.
lol is he really!!!??? wow he sure seems to know allot and talk allot for a 3 year old.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
That's how they are, man. Nobody knows where they get this stuff from.

Drtooth

Reaction score
>>As always, the new episodes will include segments featuring well-known celebrity guests including Academy Award winner, Jamie Foxx; Grammy Award winner, John Legend; Today host Matt Lauer; comedienne Amy Sedaris; and Grey’s Anatomy star T.R. Knight. In addition, Sesame Street will continue to explore the world of pop culture through original parodies such as: “Law & Order: Special Letters Unit M;” “Scramalot;” “The Breakfast Club;” “Survivor: Musical Chairs,” featuring a Jeff Probst look-alike Muppet; and “Outrageous Makeover: Home Edition,” in which Grover takes on the role of Ty Pennington and finds, after adding a few doors and then subtracting some, he and his crew have no way of getting out of their newly renovated room.

Sesame Street will take on some of the best known films and musicals in a new parody segment designed to model and reinforce the importance of family meal time called “Dinner Theatre.” This season’s parodies include Man of La Muncha, Veg Side Story, and Guess What We’re Having for Dinner.<<

Parodies, boy! It's all about the parodies. I'd Kill to see an episode where the count watches his favorite show, One Piece, about pirates unearthing a treasure... a golden Number One.

I just hope Scramalot is a parody of Camelot and not Spamalot, since the one thing that hurts my brain is a parody of a parody.

I especially like seeing "The Breakfast Club" in there. While most of the satires are pretty current, it's fun to see one from the 80's.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes... And he'd be watching 1 Piece on the special Saturday (Bat-urday) night block known as 2-Nami.
But wasn't this joke done with a human character named Pirate Edna? My memory's a bit fuzzy, but she and some of the kids and BB were searching for pieces of eight, which is synonomous for pirate treasure... But they ended up finding pieces of a golden 8, which they assembled on the cobblestoned ground of the arbor area in front of the carriage house.