Sesame Workshop unveils plans for Season 37

JEANYLASER

Reaction score
what about Gina adopt the baby in Guatemala in season 37 on sesame street.

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
mikebennidict said:
I thought it's been discussed before they no longer use Kermit on SS for whatever the issue is with Disiney?

Also where did it say the Fix It Shop was returing.

Disney has no isue with Sesame Workshop! :smirk:

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Actually, Kermit Can't be used on SS because is in fact property of The Wait Disney Co. which has been stated on this site many time before. But they can air him in old clips.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I wonder if Dinner Theater will be hosted by anybody. I think this would be a good segment for Bert to host. If not Bert, then I would want Herry Monster to host it. It would also be cool if it was hosted by Grover, who introduced while trying to serve a meal for Fat Blue.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
I could see Bert hosting that. Lately they just seemed to use Bert in old clips, but they made an improvement on that this season with "Journey to Bert" and Bert's healthy food rap. It would be a good idea to use him more often.

ILuVERNIE

Reaction score
Sesame Street... um... ... forgot what I was going to put on here!

mikebennidict

Reaction score
Daffyfan2003 said:
I could see Bert hosting that. Lately they just seemed to use Bert in old clips, but they made an improvement on that this season with "Journey to Bert" and Bert's healthy food rap. It would be a good idea to use him more often.
I think those JTE and JTB segments are just a waste of airtime. What do you learn from them. I must admit Elmo's World no matter how foolish it might be presented it does have educational value to it. So does Global Grover.

Erine81981

Reaction score
I like Global Grover. He being one of my favoirte characters and all. Even tho' I might skip through the ones I already see I still like to see it. I know there are some out there that don't like those segments but I don't mind. As long as I get to see my SS muppets then that fine by me.

ISNorden

Reaction score
mikebennidict said:
I think those JTE and JTB segments are just a waste of airtime. What do you learn from them. I must admit Elmo's World no matter how foolish it might be presented it does have educational value to it. So does Global Grover.
"Journey to Ernie" does teach some skills and concepts important to preschoolers: identifying members of a category, recognizing similarities and differences, and occasionally finding out that something isn't what it seems.

However, I find it bitterly ironic that one "Journey to Ernie" clip used a world full of "One of These Things" game boards as Ernie's hiding place. "One of These Things" teaches the same concepts as "Journey"--without overusing special effects or predictable jokes. The Workshop writers could have taught the same lesson by having Big Bird and Ernie play the game normally a few times (perhaps in a street scene); wrapping "One of These Things" inside "Journey to Ernie" is pointless and redundant.