1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Sesame Street films

Discussion in 'Classic Sesame Street' started by mikebennidict, Mar 5, 2004.

1. Radar

Radar New Member

This "how crayons are made" skit was one of my very favourites when I was little... I'm just dying to see it again! If anyoene has access to it and yoiu put it up on youtube it would be wonderful
  2. Gags Beazley

Gags Beazley New Member

Mike did you ever get a reply from anybody about this? I've been away from the board for about 8 months and just saw this post. If you never got any kind of response from TFD, I'll see what I can do.
  3. mikebennidict

mikebennidict New Member

4. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

Referring to the song I'm pretty, I'm love that song!
  5. mikebennidict

mikebennidict New Member

Don't think this one was mentioned.

There was this large termite mound with this strange music playing and kids off camera talking about it. then the camera shifts to the left and here's this house nearby, probably made out of wood.
  6. Chris Von Count

Chris Von Count New Member

I remember that film quite well actually. The stuff the mind can drag up from the past is baffling sometimes huh? LOL
  7. travellingpat

travellingpat Active Member

I loved the King of 8 and the Rolling Orange Ball one (idk what its called)

I dont like Alphaboy (he drives me nuts!!)
  8. mikebennidict

mikebennidict New Member

Watch The Dance.

Hopefully I'm not repeating something I already mentioned but does anyone remember this film?

A film about the parts of the body.

Girls dance and this guy with a band is singing watch the dance.

Love to see that on youtube.
  9. fuzzygobo

fuzzygobo Well-Known Member

answer to a burning question

If you haven't heard from the Trenton Fire Department, there may be a good reason why. I've been watching this flim closely. And on the fire truck, and one of the fireman's helmets, it's not Trenton, New Jersey. It's Tarrytown, New York. Just a short distance up the Hudson river from Manhattan)And I believe they have a fire training academy up there, where they could have shot footage of cadets climbing ladders, extinguishing flames, and all the other fun stuff that's in a fireman's day's work.

How's that for a little sleuthing?:)
  10. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

your a reagular sherlock hemlock school of sluthing graduate!!!!
  11. bigjeffy

bigjeffy New Member

Anybody remember that film in the 80's,I think,where a girl talks about where she lives,Jamaica,and what she and her brother do at school in Jamaica,and while the film was playing,the music to Bob Marley's "Three Little Birds" was playing?Been SO long since I've seen that film.
  12. mikebennidict

mikebennidict New Member

3 Snake Films

1 took place in a zoo and was crawling up a tree.

2nd one I can't remember if it was also in a zoo or the desert. Luis I think announced for this one.

3rd. This snake looks like it was crawling along a table or some flat service.
  13. mikebennidict

mikebennidict New Member

2 Rinosauruses

A lady sings a song that went like.

Me and you. That makes 2.
  14. mikebennidict

mikebennidict New Member

Yes Film.

Don't know if this one was mentioned or not.

Can't remember what kind of animal this was but it walks and keeps moving its head up and down and a bunch of off camera people keep saying YES while thw word YES kepps flashing on the screen.

To me the film was stupid but still kind of funny.
  15. TotallySpiesFan

TotallySpiesFan New Member

This animal is called a hartebeest.
  16. MeWantCookie

MeWantCookie Member

great minds think alike! i vividly remember this one from seeing it as a child.

~Dana~
  17. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Did I mention that I like the original "Lot of little nuts" number filmed at the Teddy Peanut Butter company (which I know where it is) much better than the staged version they used breifly after the tribute special of Joe Raposo?

Factory ones were always my favorite. I love to see how stuff gets made. I loved it when Mr. Rogers did it too.
  18. ISNorden

ISNorden Active Member

I remember that a couple of lines in that fruit song were changed later:

• "Don't eat a lemon, it might make you sick" became "Don't eat a lemon, it'll make you go 'ick'". (Guess they didn't want kids to think lemons were poisonous or something...)
    • The "murder" description of pineapples was changed to a less brutal word, but I forget what the replacement was. Anyone else out there who's heard the new version, please refresh my memory here!
  19. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

Lol, I remember the "might make you sick" line. Personally, I never took it as lemons are poisonous. Just that it was unpleasant to eat (and probably my parents explained that to me as well).

Oh please, I can't believe they took away the word "murder." It's an expression for goodness sake! It does not hold some power to turn children violent. Lol And if a child does take it the wrong way, it is the parents' responsiblity to set them straight, not a TV show.

Anyway, I doubt they have made the world a safer place by replacing the word, heh.
  20. MeWantCookie

MeWantCookie Member

I can also say that the lemon line didn't make me think they were poisonous, just they weren't good to eat raw (like potatoes), and the line about peeling melons: "Try peeling a melon, what trouble you're in!" made me think "Oh, I'm going to get in trouble if I ever try to peel a melon!" hehe the minds of children!