1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Sesame Street films

Discussion in 'Classic Sesame Street' started by mikebennidict, Mar 5, 2004.

1. Ziffel

Ziffel New Member

Yep that's correct, Rosewood. It was definitely from "The Electric Company." Good recollection about it being specifically from a Spidey segment. I think Jimmy Boyd was one of the two guys who said, "Peanut butter and banana - our favorite". The other one isn't coming to me. Skip Hannant maybe? (Since it was peanut butter they liked, Skip would make sense---> Skippy. Get it? Heeheeheehee)
  2. Xerus

Xerus Active Member

I also remember when that girl was scooping some peanut butter out of the jar and spreading it, the peanut butter looked all lumpy and watery. I wonder what kind of brand of peanut butter that was.
  3. fuzzygobo

fuzzygobo Well-Known Member

Actually, after a bit of searching, your curiosity can finally be satisfied. That footage showed them putting a new neon sign on the Empire Hotel, (hence the R) located on the corner of 62nd Street and Broadway. Lincoln Center is across the street, you're a block away from Central Park. If you click on Yahoo! there are a couple of sites like Travelocity and such that have pictures. The original architecture and neon sign shown in 1971 is still intact.
    Quite pricey, though. About 200 bucks a night.
  4. mikebennidict

mikebennidict New Member

Thanks for the help. I typed it up unfortunatly I came up with a site with a very small picture of it. Now all I need to do is find the hotel were we saw that H in the looking for letters film.
  5. mikebennidict

mikebennidict New Member

a rather short animal film.

I 1st saw this 1 in the late 70s. 5 or 6 wolves cross over a creek or stream. Only other such short film I remember took place at a race track where 5 or 6 racing horses were counted.
  6. Chris Von Count

Chris Von Count New Member

another animal film

Speaking of which, on youtube they had one of my favorite animal films I remeber from SS the "That's a horse" film. When I saw it on youtube I had to add it as a favorite in my videos.

But somehow either I accidently deleted from my favorties list or somehow it got deleted out of the SS films all together because I can not find it on the main SS film page, or my favorites:( If anyone has it out there I would really love to have it again, just to watch it again:)
  7. mikebennidict

mikebennidict New Member

Horse Film

This might of been brought up elsewhere but I'll mention it here. Tkakes place somewhere in the mountains, and I think it was some place where they trained people how to ride horsse and maninly showed a teen trying to become friendly with a horse and the horse who's tied to the fences keeps snarling at the kid. Eventually they both connect and the kid sucessfully rides with around the stapple.
  8. dinoboy

dinoboy Member

There was one that had shown a heard of Giraffs grazing in the jungle and walking around. The backgroun music to that is very soothing to me. The othe one shows animals in a zoo splashing and swimming in the water, and then they show a Gorilla splashing the water with his hands. Then they show kids splashing and swimming by a waterfall. I also think that the music in that background is great. I also enjoyed the music played when two girls were sitting by the table drawing with crayons, then one girl looks closely at one crayon and wonders how they are made. Don't get me wrong, but there are more films to remember with great music to hear.
  9. mikebennidict

mikebennidict New Member

There were 3 films made at some ranch in the Rockies freom the looks of it. They would show an owner of a ranch feeding hay to the cows. Now I mentioned there were 3 of them. Now I think 1 of them might of been some other group of animals. all 3 of them have the same kid narrating them and the same kind of music though not exactly the same.
  10. ISNorden

ISNorden Active Member

I didn't remember a sign holder in those clips; thank you for solving the mystery of what the letters were supposed to spell. (I'll bet the "R" must have been part of that specific hotel's name, even though that part of the sign holder wasn't visible in the film.)
  11. ISNorden

ISNorden Active Member

ROFL...your description of the clip sounds as if Mystery Science Theatre 3000 were covering classic Sesame Street that day. Since most of the real city-street clips weren't set up specifically for TV, though, I'd bet that the workers were numbering parking-lot spaces (or showing a very low speed limit in the lot; I've seen 5-mph limits in the real world, so that's not such a wild guess).
  12. ISNorden

ISNorden Active Member

Are you in Canada, by any chance? I've never heard French words taught on the US version of Sesame Street at all. Spanish, yes; throwaway references to other foreign languages, sometimes; but I know of no American clips which teach specific, non-Spanish foreign words (like the one you recalled).
  13. ISNorden

ISNorden Active Member

The recent shows have included a cartoon remake of the "Three Is My Favorite Number" segment, with a carpenter singing the song as he works. The character has a Deep South accent, which TV usually associates with ignorant rural types; I remember thinking "This character sounds as if three is the highest number he knows!" *groan* To be fair, the singer on the older version also had a thick accent (Eastern European); I wonder whether that was supposed to be the Count watching the dolphins offscreen.
  14. patrickballoonm

patrickballoonm New Member

I remember that "Everyday Face Clown" segment. My father probably might remember, too, but I'm not sure. Anyway, one time, my father watched that segment with my brothers and I when we were much younger, of course. And when the clown took off the last of his make-up, so to speak, my father recognized the actor who played him. It was comedian Dennis Allen of Rowan & Martin's Laugh-In fame.:cool:
  15. Chris Von Count

Chris Von Count New Member

I was recently thinking of another film from SS. I remember an earlier post about the boy who was narrating a film about how his brother works on a fishing boat and all that.
    Here is the other boat film I remember, I remember some kids were talking about a boat crew that was hauling in lobster traps, and putting rubber bands on the lobster pinchers, and putting them in crates filled with ice. Then toward the end of the film it shows the lobster traps sitting at the back of the boat, and as the boat takes off the traps slide off the back of the boat and the kids are laughing as that happens and count them as they go back into the water, and then it goes back up to the wheel of the boat where a man was steering from and the kids try to get his attention yelling "There go your lobster traps back into the ocean!" then it goes back to the last few traps sliding off into the water with the kids giggling again.

Does anybody else remember this film at all?
  16. mikebennidict

mikebennidict New Member

17. mikebennidict

mikebennidict New Member

I'm Pretty.

I woner what was the reasoning for such a film with fish in the sea or perhaps at some aquarium and David singing this goofy song? Also here's an idea for the song I posted at the present day SS section. http://forum.muppetcentral.com/showthread.php?t=23182
  18. mikebennidict

mikebennidict New Member

Everybody Sleeps.

It's interesting if that last part of the original film where the lady is sleeping at the train station and the train comes rolling by and here's the camera trying to look at her from under the passing train as it goes by.

I wonder why they didn't edit the train out? Not that it really matters kids are often facinated by trains but I would think they would of edit out any type of interferences.
  19. GeeBee

GeeBee New Member

What's wrong with trains?
  20. mikebennidict

mikebennidict New Member

Uh I think you know what I mean.