Questions about Jim Henson's Animal Show

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah! Bring it on!
Thanks Xerus, though a few questions.
1 Is a "Thompson's Gazelle" a particular species of gazelle? Just want to get it right like the two from last time.
2 What's this about Billy Bob being a gray "aye-aye" lemur? What does that mean?
Well, thanks again and rest peacefully. The second season will be there when you feel up to another batch.
Have a good sleep and a good night.

Xerus

Reaction score
The Count said:
Yeah! Bring it on!
Thanks Xerus, though a few questions.
1 Is a "Thompson's Gazelle" a particular species of gazelle? Just want to get it right like the two from last time.
2 What's this about Billy Bob being a gray "aye-aye" lemur? What does that mean?
Well, thanks again and rest peacefully. The second season will be there when you feel up to another batch.
Have a good sleep and a good night.
I did some reading and I found out it was called a Thomson's Gazelle. Sorry about the misspelling. And they live in East Africa.

And Billy Bob explained that there are many different kinds of lemurs in Madagascar. Like the aye-aye, which Billy Bob was, and there are ring-tailed lemurs that have long black and gray striped tails.

You have a good night too. :sleep:

Xerus

Xerus

Reaction score
Hi Count. :smile:

We're now into the second season of Animal Show Descriptions.

Trudy the Chimpanzee was a black chimp with a white face and was voiced by Louise Gold.

Laslo the Hyena was a dark brown hyena with a black mouth and black spots and had a scratchy voice. (Puppeteer unknown.)

Inidra the Whale was a huge gray whale with a white belly and she had a deep British voice by Louise Gold and was in a huge see through tank.

Nemets the Ant was a tiny brown ant with a black bottom and had a drill seargant like voice by Bill Baretta. And he was so tiny, Stinky and Jake had to see him with a magnifying glass.

Natasha the Tarantula was brown and furry and had a Russian accent by Louise Gold. And was brought in by Bunny Bear.

Morley the Mole was a gray mole with a pink nose and I think he was voiced by a guest puppeteer named Andrew Spooner.

Xerus

Reaction score
Deanmo19 said:
Well, actually, Lazlo the Hyena is performed by Bill Baretta.
Okay, thanx again Deanmo 19. :smile: Say, do you also know who voiced Chuck the Lion or Dooley the Armadillo?

Xerus

Reaction score
And here are some more descriptions for you Count. :smile:

Zac the Arctic Fox was a white fox with a Jack Nicholson like voice. (Puppeteer unknown.)

Doreen the Camel was a yellow 2 hump camel with a scratchy voice by Louise Gold.

Bufo the Toad was a yellow toad with a young British accent. (puppeteer unknown.)

Monty the Elephant Seal was a huge dark gray seal with a deep British voice like an elephant. (puppeteer unknown.)

Margaret the Stork was a white stork with a long orange beak and had a British voice. I'm guessing Dave Goelz.

Wingo the Shoebill was a white and gray bird with a yellow beak with black splotches and had a Romanian accent. I'm guessing Steve Whitmire.

I'm thinking Dave and Steve did Margaret and Wingo because in this special episode, Bunny and Armstrong got to be the main hosts white Stinky and Jake took over their duties.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Xerus. Here's what I got from my sources.
Dooly the Armadillo was performed by Bill Baretta.
Chuck the Lion was performed by Mike Quinn, when that puppet/character appeared in Season 1 of JHAS. However, it was performed/voiced by Frank Oz when it appeared in the Billy Crystal MT episode.
Hope this helps, and have a good night, and thanks for the descripts.
Looking forward to the next batch.

Xerus

Reaction score
Hey Count. :smile:

Yep, I remember Chuck the Lion appearing on Muppet's Tonight. And it was funny hearing Frank Oz voice that lion. He sounded a lot like Cookie Monster. :smile:

Anyway, here are some more descriptions.

Custer the Bison had a dark brown shaggy face and a light brown body and had a Western voice. (puppeteer unknown.)

Monica the Musk Ox was a dark brown shaggy ox with a white fluffy back and a white mustache and sounded like a tough old lady. Louise Gold.

Winnie the Wasp was a small yellow and black wasp and had an Irish accent by Louise Gold and was also Tizzy's cousin.

Milton the Blue Footed Booby had a gray head, blue beak and feet, yellow eyes, white chest, and brown and black wings and had an Edd Wynn like voice. (puppeteer unknown.)

That's all for now. I'll be back with more soon. :smile:

Xerus

Xerus

Reaction score
Deanmo19 said:
Bill Baretta performed Custer and John Eccleston performed Milton.
Thanks once again Deanmo19. :smile: Do you also know who did Gabby the Gila Monster and Kool the Kangaroo Rat?

Xerus

Reaction score
Hey Count. Here are some more descriptions before I go off to bed.

Jackie the Orangutan was an orange orangutan with a white face and had a deep calm voice. (Puppeteer unknown.)

Lulu the Potto was a light brown potto with a white face and had an African accent by Louise Gold.

Phoenica the Hippo was a gray hippo with pink around her eyes and mouth and had a Queen Elizabeth like voice by Louise Gold.

Travis the African Buffalo was a big black buffalo with gray horns, a gray mouth, and red eyes, and a deep grunting voice by Bill Barretta. Probably the scariest looking animal they ever had on the show.

And that's it for tonight. You have a good night. :sleep:

Xerus