Questions about Jim Henson's Animal Show

Xerus

Reaction score
The Count said:
Hi Xerus, nice to hear from you again. There's no need to look for the E-mail I sent your way, the message's practically there in the post above already.

As for the penguin's name... I see, or rather, well you get the joke.
So then, my question would be: did they pronounce her name as "Charlotte" on the show, or did they pronounce it as "Charolette"? Just asking cause I thought there might've been a typo when you wrote the character's name and I want to double-check before adding her to the list.
Hope to hear back from you with JHAS Descripts 2 soon.
Oh, and have a great night.
Hi again, The Count. :smile:

I watched the episode again and I don't think I heard a long O when they introduced her, and it sounded like /shar-let/ with a short E. That's all I can tell you.

Goodnight and enjoy your vacation. :smile:

Xerus.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
OK then pal. I'll take it at face value and add her as "Charlette the Penguin" during the next round of additions.
Have a great time, and hope to hear again from you soon.

PS: You can call me Count if it's easier for you to keep track.

Xerus

Reaction score
Hi Count. Hope you had a nice vacation. :smile:

I just got another batch of Animal Show descriptions for you and here they are.

Casey the Kangaroo was a brown kangaroo with a black mouth. And she had an Aussie accent and was voiced by Karen Prell.

Leapovich the Frog was a green frog with big eyes and he had a Russian accent. (puppeteer unknown.)

Harry the Rhino was a golden rhino with bumps on his skin. (Puppeteer unknown)

Lenny the Gorilla was a brown furry gorilla with a black face and chest and a deep voice. (I'm guessing Bill Baretta.)

Frankie the Wildebeast was a gray wildebeast with dark gray markings on his face, a white beard and white fur on his back. (Puppeteer unknown.) I believe he was also featured in the classic Muppet Show sketch, I'm a Gnu.

Chauncey the Turtle was a green turtle with a brown shell and brow spots on his head. And he sounded like an old English man. (Puppeteer unknown.)

Plunk the Sea Otter was a brown otter with a black nose and he had a teenage English accent. (Puppeteer unknown.)

Guffrey the Vulture had a pink head with yellow eyes, black beak, white back, brown chest, and black wings. And he had a beatnik like voice, and I'm guessing he was done by Bill Baretta because he sounded like Zippity Zap from Muppet's Tonight.

And that's all for now. I hope this helps you.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, it does help. Thanks for the added descripts, hope you have a good day.
Will await the next batch of JHAS characters.

BTW: Thanks, I had a good time on the cruise, but it's great to be back home.

Xerus

Reaction score
Oh, your welcome Count. I'm glad you had a good time. I'm going on vacation this week too, but I'll be back with more character summaries soon.

By the way, here are some more....

Hillary the Owl was a gray owl with a yellow beak and was voiced by Karen Prell.

Octavio the Octopus was an orange octopus with yellow eyes and he was stuffed in a gray and brown rusted can and was carried in by Ollie. He had an Italian accent and I'm guessing he was voiced by Bill Baretta.

Jared the Tiger was a huge orange, white, and black tiger with a pleasant smile and he had an Indian accent. (Puppeteer unknown.)

Nippy the Tiger Beetle was a small green beetle with a yellow mouth and he was brought in on a leafy rock by Ollie. He had an Elvis like voice and sang a really cool song. (Puppeteer unknown.)

Alexis the Giraffe was a tall yellow giraffe with brown spots and sounded like Red Fraggle. Karen Prell.

Lamont the Sloth was a white furry sloth with bits of black, gray, and yellow in his fur and had a sleepy sounding voice. He sounded a lot like Armstrong. Probably Bill Baretta.

And that's all for now. Have a good evening Count. :smile:

Xerus

Xerus

Reaction score
Deanmo19 said:
Leapovitch and Harry were performed by Mike Quinn. Lenny the Gorilla from Season 1 of Animal Show was performed by Bill Baretta. Frankie the Wildebeest from Season 1 of Animal Show was performed by Mak Wilson. Chauncey and Plunk were performed by Mike Quinn. Gufrey was performed by Bill Baretta. Jared the Tiger was performed by Mak Wilson. Nippy was performed by Bill Baretta.
Thank you Deanmo for your info. It's hard to tell from Mak Wilson's and Mike Quinn's voices sometimes. Now I know. :smile: And I like how Mike Quinn got to sing neat songs on there like the Frog Song and the Turtle Song.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Xerus, wanted to ask you something. Is Victor the Rattlesnake the character who appeared in an episode in Season 1 of the show, highlighting the rattlesnake and the skunk? Or is he the character featured in an episode from Season 3 of the show, highlighted by the lone appearance of the rattlesnake?
And along those same lines... were there two distinctly different rattlesnake characters on JHAS? What were their names and how do they differ from each other?
Thanks, and hope to hear from you before you leave on vacation.
BTW: Hope you have a good and safe vacation.

Xerus

Reaction score
The Count said:
Hi Xerus, wanted to ask you something. Is Victor the Rattlesnake the character who appeared in an episode in Season 1 of the show, highlighting the rattlesnake and the skunk? Or is he the character featured in an episode from Season 3 of the show, highlighted by the lone appearance of the rattlesnake?
And along those same lines... were there two distinctly different rattlesnake characters on JHAS? What were their names and how do they differ from each other?
Thanks, and hope to hear from you before you leave on vacation.
BTW: Hope you have a good and safe vacation.
Hi Count. :smile:

Yes, they had 2 shows where a rattlesnake was a guest. The first one was about the rattlesnake and the skunk. The rattlesnake was named Victor and he had a guy's hissing voice and he was yellow with purple linings on his mouth.

The second had another rattlesnake who was the single guest. It was the same rattlesnake Muppet, only she was named Kiki and she had a cute Spanish like voice.

And now I'm off for my vacation. Talk to you soon. :smile:

Xerus

Xerus

Reaction score
P.S. Here are some more descriptions before I leave.

Arlene the Aardvark was a light brown aardvark with an ejecting tongue. She later became Dullard the camera aardvark in season 3.

Chas the Chameleon was a green bumpy chameleon who also had an ejecting tongue and sounded a lot like Armstrong. Probably Bill Baretta.

Flora the Koala was a gray koala with an Australian accent. (Puppeteer unknown.)

Lydia the Ostrich was a gray ostrich with gray and white feathers and a squeaky voice by Karen Prell.

Fluke the Dolphin was a gray dolphin who was brought in a tank. And he had a British teenage voice by Mike Quinn.

Leah the Fruit Bat was a brown furry bat with a Southern accent by Karen Prell.

See you later for now. :smile:

Xerus

Xerus

Reaction score
Hey Count. :smile:

I'm back from my trip and here's some more Animal Show descriptions for you. Thank you for your patience. :smile:

Bubba the Walrus was a brown walrus with long tusks and had a British teenage accent. (Puppeteer unknown.)

Bernice the Wart Hog was a gray wart hog with warts, gray hair on her back, a wagging tail and had a scratchy voice by Karen Prell.

Vernon the Grizzly Bear was a big brown bear with a deep tough sounding voice, probably by Bill Baretta. And he was also Jake's cousin.

Heddy the Hedgehog was a brown round hedgehog and had a deep voice by Karen Prell.

Morton the Beaver was a brown chubby beaver with a Canadian accent. (Puppeteer unknown.)

Rudy the Spider was a yellow spider with green stripes on his back, green and orange striped legs, 4 eyes and had a Spanish voice that sounded like Pepe. (Bill Baretta.)

Gabby the Gila Monster was a pink and black spotted gila monster with a hillbilly accent. (Puppeteer unknown.)

Cool the Kangaroo Rat was a white rat with tan spots. And he had a jazzy sounding voice. (puppeteer unknown.)