Questions about Jim Henson's Animal Show

Xerus

Reaction score
Hey Count. :smile:

Here are some more Animal Show descriptions.

Johnny the Wolf was white and gray with some yellow in his fur. And he had a southern accent. I'm guessing Bill Baretta.

Boscoe the Baboon was a brown baboon with a black face and red chest. (puppeteer unknown.)

Achilies the Shark was a gray shark who was brought in a tank. And he had either a British or Australian accent. (puppeteer unknown.)

Slick the Sea lion was a brown furry seal lion with light brown flippers and he had a surfer's accent. Maybe Bill Baretta.

Ringo the Elephant was a huge gray elephant who sounded like Ringo Starr. (puppeteer unknown.) He was also too big to fit inside that only his front was showing.

Eugene the Hunting Dog was a dark brown dog with pointed ears and a white tail and he had a voice that sounded like Bobo the Bear. Bill Baretta.

Xerus

Reaction score
Deanmo19 said:
Mak Wilson usually performed Bosko, Ringo, and Archilles.
Oh okay. Thanks a lot. :smile: I liked the Baboon song Boscoe sang. I was wondering if Mak did any songs on The Animal Show.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Xerus, thanks for the new descripts. Glad to know you had a good time on your vacation.
Here are some quick questions I was hoping you could answer.
1 From Episode 4 of JHAS.
Is the name of the armadillo correctly spelled "Dooly" or "Dooley"?
2 From Episode 7 of JHAS.
Is the name of the zebra correctly spelled "Randal" or "Randall"?
3 From Episode 20 of JHAS.
Is the name of the kangaroo correctly spelled "Casey" or "Kasey"?
4 From Episode 10 of JHAS.
Is the name of the shark correctly spelled "Archilles", "Achilies", or "Achilles"?
5 From episode 8 of JHAS.
Is the skunk featured in this episode Stinky the Skunk or is it another character?
If it's another character, please provide its name and description as best you can.
6 From Episode 17 of JHAS.
Is the polar bear featured in this episode Jake the Polar Bear or is it another character?
If it's another character, please provide its name and description as best you can.

Xerus

Reaction score
The Count said:
Hi Xerus, thanks for the new descripts. Glad to know you had a good time on your vacation.
Here are some quick questions I was hoping you could answer.
1 From Episode 4 of JHAS.
Is the name of the armadillo correctly spelled "Dooly" or "Dooley"?
2 From Episode 7 of JHAS.
Is the name of the zebra correctly spelled "Randal" or "Randall"?
3 From Episode 20 of JHAS.
Is the name of the kangaroo correctly spelled "Casey" or "Kasey"?
4 From Episode 10 of JHAS.
Is the name of the shark correctly spelled "Archilles", "Achilies", or "Achilles"?
5 From episode 8 of JHAS.
Is the skunk featured in this episode Stinky the Skunk or is it another character?
6 From Episode 17 of JHAS.
Is the polar bear featured in this episode Jake the Polar Bear or is it another character?
Hey Count. It's good to be back. :smile:

Sorry, but I don't really know any of the correct name spellings. I just only heard their names. But they didn't give out their spellings.

But I can answer your last 2 questions though. Stinky was the guest skunk on the show and he even sang a song. And Jake was the guest polar bear and he got to sing a song too.

And Stinky co-guested with Victor the Rattlesnake, since Rattlesnakes and Skunks are both dangerous when threatened.

And Jake co-guested with Rhonda the Raccoon. But I don't really know what raccoons and polar bears have in common though. Perhaps they're animals that are always looking for food.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Xerus, glad to hear from you again. Thanks for the info. Here's what I'm gonna do, as a compromise.
It'll stay as "Dooly" the Armadillo, cause that spelling makes most sense, as well as "Randall" the Zebra and "Archilles" the Shark, which I got from Muppet_dk; and I'll change it to "Casey" the Kangaroo from your descript posts.
Another question I have is... you submitted a descript for a character named "Cool the Kangaroo Rat". Is this the same character the episode guide lists as "Desert Rat" from Episode 23 from Season 1, as a co-guest with Gabby the Gila Monster?
Just want to know to correct that entry. Thanks, and hope to hear from you again. And I'm looking forward to the next batch of descripts.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Xerus, did some updating and I got a few quick questions from the characters in episodes 22 and 23.
From the episode guide I got, it lists the guests for Episode 22 as "Brown Bear/Hedgehog".
Should Vernon be listed as "Vernon the Grizzly Bear" or as "Vernon the Brown Bear"?
Also, the same guide lists the characters from Episode 23 as "Gila Monster/Desert Rat".
Should Cool be listed as "Cool the Kangaroo Rat" or as "Cool the Desert Rat"?
Hope to hear back from you rully soon. And there are only four episodes left to finish off Season 1 of this show.
Have a great day.

Xerus

Reaction score
The Count said:
Hi Xerus, did some updating and I got a few quick questions from the characters in episodes 22 and 23.
From the episode guide I got, it lists the guests for Episode 22 as "Brown Bear/Hedgehog".
Should Vernon be listed as "Vernon the Grizzly Bear" or as "Vernon the Brown Bear"?
Also, the same guide lists the characters from Episode 23 as "Gila Monster/Desert Rat".
Should Cool be listed as "Cool the Kangaroo Rat" or as "Cool the Desert Rat"?
Hope to hear back from you rully soon. And there are only four episodes left to finish off Season 1 of this show.
Have a great day.
Hi Count. :smile:

To answer your questions. Vernon was called a Grizzly Bear.

And Cool was both a Kangaroo Rat and a Desert Rat. Some people call it a desert rat because it lives in the desert while others call it a kangaroo rat because it hops like a kangaroo. At first Jake said they were gonna have a desert rat on the show, and when Cool appeared, Jake called him Cool the Kangaroo Rat.

Yes, I got 4 more first season episodes to watch and I'll give you the info on my next post. Then I got the 3rd and 4th seasons to check out where Bunny Bear replaces Ollie.

Peace to you. :smile:

Xerus

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info Xerus.
Vernon will be added as a Grizzly Bear, and Cool will go in as a Kangaroo Rat.
The funny thing is that I call the type of animal Cool is a jerboah, like Jerboah Jump from the old Tennessee Tuxedo cartoons.
BTW: There was a 4th season? Thought there were only 65 episodes across three seasons. Oh well, hope to hear from you again soon and have a good night.

Xerus

Reaction score
The Count said:
Thanks for the info Xerus.
Vernon will be added as a Grizzly Bear, and Cool will go in as a Kangaroo Rat.
The funny thing is that I call the type of animal Cool is a jerboah, like Jerboah Jump from the old Tennessee Tuxedo cartoons.
BTW: There was a 4th season? Thought there were only 65 episodes across three seasons. Oh well, hope to hear from you again soon and have a good night.
I remember those neat Tennessee Tuxedo cartoons from my youth. :smile: And I remember Jerboah Jump too. Actually, the differnce between the two rats are kangaroo rats live in North America and jerboahs live in Africa and Asia.

Sorry, I guess there was only a third season. I keep thinking those last 26 episodes were seperate seasons for some reason. So there are just 3 seasons. The first having 26, the second 13 on Fox, then cancelled the third year, and the third season coming back the fourth year on Animal Planet with 26 new episodes. Sorry about the mistake. :embarrassed:

Xerus

Reaction score
Oh yes, here are the next descriptions.

Swifty the Cheetah was a yellow and white cheetah with black spots and had a wild British accent. (puppeteer unknown.)

Tommy the Thompson's Gazelle was brown and white with black lines on his face and ears and long black and brown striped horns. And had a soft voice that was probably voiced by Bill Baretta.

Rocky the Big Horn Sheep was a dark brown sheep with brown horns, a white mouth and a white butt and had a baaing voice by Bill Baretta.

Robert the Red Deer was a brown and white deer with white antlers, a black nose, and had a Scottish accent by Mike Quinn.

Humphrey the Badger was a gray badger with a white stripe on his face and had a Humphrey Bogart like voice. Probably by Bill Baretta.

Sean the Rabbit was a brown rabbit with a white mustache and had an Irish accent. (puppeteer unknown.)

Blanche the Manatee was a big brown manatee with green algae on her back and had a southern accent by Karen Prell. And she had to be brought in by a tank.

Billy Bob the Lemur was a gray aye-aye lemur with a bushy tail, white face, huge ears, yellow eyes, and had a hillbilly voice. (puppeteer unknown.)

Next time, we'll go into the second season. :smile: