Questions about Jim Henson's Animal Show

Xerus

Reaction score
Hey again Count. :smile: Here are the last descriptions for season 2.

Nico the Marine Iguana was a dark green iguana with a little bit of brown in his scales and little green spikes on his back and he had a British accent. (puppeteer unknown.)

Rudy the Road Runner was a tan feathered bird with a white chest, brown head feathers and a gray beak and had a Spanish accent that sounded a lot like Pepe. Bill Barretta.

Dkembe the Gemsbok was white with brown around his eyes and mouth and had long gray horns and had an African accent. (puppeteer unknown.)

Ralph the Moose was a dark gray moose with yellow antlers and had a deep north sounding voice. (puppeteer unknown.) It could be Bill Barretta.

Perry the Wild Horse was a light brown horse with a white face, black mouth, a short black mane and sounded a little like John Wayne. (puppeteer unknown.)

Alicia the Volcano Rabbit was a small brown chubby rabbit with short ears and had a squeaky Spanish accent by Louise Gold.

And that's it for season 2. Next time, we'll move onto season 3. :smile:

Xerus

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the descripts Xerus. Looking forward to starting up Season 3.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
BTW: Before I forget, I have a question for either Xerus or Deanmo19, whoever finds it and replies to it first.
The gemsbok who appeared in Episode 34 of JHAS, is his name correctly spelled "Dkembe" or is it "Dikembe"?
Please reply ASAP and LMK so that it can be correctly placed in the listings. Hope to hear from you guys soon, and have a good day.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Urgh, what about them? They've already been listed as "Margaret the Stork" and "Wingo the Shoebill". Xerus believes that they were voiced/performed by Steve Whitmire and Dave Goelz respectively because Armstrong the Chickenhawk and some other character took over the hosting duties for this episode.
Oh yeah, could you please answer my question from above about the spelling of the gemsbok name? Thanks and hope to hear from you soon.

Xerus

Reaction score
The Count said:
Urgh, what about them? They've already been listed as "Margaret the Stork" and "Wingo the Shoebill". Xerus believes that they were voiced/performed by Steve Whitmire and Dave Goelz respectively because Armstrong the Chickenhawk and some other character took over the hosting duties for this episode.
Oh yeah, could you please answer my question from above about the spelling of the gemsbok name? Thanks and hope to hear from you soon.
Hi Count. :smile:

I'm guessing that Dave and Steve did these Muppets. Because Margaret sounds a lot like Bunsen Honeydew. And Wingo sounds a lot like Steve's deep sounding rock singer voice, but with a Romanian accent included.

And I don't know how the Gemsbok's name is spelled. But I did some looking up on that name, and I found out it was spelled D'kembe. I hope that helps.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, thanks Xerus. Guess I'll keep him listed as "Dkembe the Gemsbok."
Looking forward to the next batch of character descripts ffrom Season 3 of JHAS. Hope you have a good night.

Xerus

Reaction score
Thank you Count. And here's the start of the season 3 descriptions.

Jasper the Jaguar was an orange jaguar with a white belly and covered with spots and had a Bing Crosby like voice. (puppeteer unknown.)

Penelope the Yellow Foot Tortoise was a yellow tortoise with brown spots and had a British old lady's voice. Katherine Smee.

Maxine the Indian Elephant was probably Ringo the Elephant. Modified by giving the Muppet shorter ears so it'll look like an Indian elephant. And had a deep Brithish voice by Katherine Smee.

Dave the Human Being had brown hair, glasses, and a green checkered shirt voiced by Bill Barretta. They say he was modeled after Dave Goelz and they showed films about Dave's home and his family.

Sam the Eagle was none other than that light blue eagle with black eyebrows who is obsessed with culture. And he was voiced by Frank Oz. I'm glad Frank took some time from his schedule to perform Sam in this cool show. He even sang a song too. :smile:

And I'll be back with more descriptions soon. :smile:

Xerus

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks pal, looking forward to getting them.
Quick question though... was it Penelope the "Yellow-Footed Tortoise" or was it Penelope the "Fresh-Water Terrapin" as listed in the episode guide online?
Hope to hear from you soon, and have a good night.

Xerus

Reaction score
The Count said:
Thanks pal, looking forward to getting them.
Quick question though... was it Penelope the "Yellow-Footed Tortoise" or was it Penelope the "Fresh-Water Terrapin" as listed in the episode guide online?
Hope to hear from you soon, and have a good night.
Your welcome. :smile:

And the episode guide had made a mistake. Jake announced her as Penelope the Yellow Foot Tortoise. But for some reason, Penelope had brought a film about terrapins instead of tortoises. I guess that kind of confused whoever wrote that guide.

Goodnight to you Count. :sleep:

Xerus

Xerus

Reaction score
Deanmo19 said:
Jasper was performed by John Eccleston.
Thanks once again Deanmo19. :smile:

Yeah, I thought John was voicing Jasper because John Eccleston seems to do characters with deep sounding voices.