New Muppet movie in development for potential 2013 release

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drtooth

Reaction score

July 26th (a week after Jurassic Park 3D Reissue and Turbo, against Dirty Dancing Remake)

Just for the sake of saying it...

This is what Turbo is

That sounds like the makings of their worst movie ever, frankly. It seems they're releasing 3 movies that year, and if ever there's a rush job on a script it's "Snail wants to be an Indycar/plastic believe in yourself moral."

Even Sharktale sounds great by comparison.

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
What. On. Earth.

Lucky for us we'll get to have all sorts of Snail as a car merchandise from then on :stick_out_tongue:
Looks like the DreamWorks of 2004-2007 is back... :eek: And Ryan Reynolds is in it?! Haven't they kicked that derp out of Hollywood yet?

That said, yes, I say July 26. Disney can move Phineas and Ferb but don't forget The Wolverine (another attempt that the X-Men character's solo movie) also comes out that day. We'll just have to wait and see.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Looks like the DreamWorks of 2004-2007 is back... :eek: And Ryan Reynolds is in it?! Haven't they kicked that derp out of Hollywood yet?
If you're still miffed about the Green Lantern movie... well, Read this article... go down to number 3

It was almost that.

The one we got deserves an Oscar for not being that.

Plus, we'd hate Muppet movie guest star Jack Black. We wouldn't want that.

That said, yes, I say July 26. Disney can move Phineas and Ferb but don't forget The Wolverine (another attempt that the X-Men character's solo movie) also comes out that day. We'll just have to wait and see.
The thing about Wolverine is that, while Disney controls the character, Fox is still ruining the X-Men franchise... and above all, it's a completely different demographic. At least... for the most part. The Muppets does appeal to kids and older fans... but I'm sure it's more intended for families that wouldn't see Wolverine because of their youngest not being able to sit through it.

dwmckim

Reaction score
You know, the more i look at that "new logo" for the next Muppet film, i'm more convinced the name of the next movie won't be "The Muppets 2"

...it will be "The Muppets: Bunny Ears"

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Okay back on topic...I wonder how many pages of the script they're up to and I wonder how many ideas have been thrown in and out? They could either be past 13 pages or back to nothing. Lol!

Status
Not open for further replies.